All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Damn. There are probably good reasons why, but I feel like the offense was best with Thielen out there. Everyone in the league knows how spectacular JJ is, but if he's the only star, it just doesn't seem to get done.

With our OL struggles in pass protection, Kirk just doesn't have the pocket to make the great throws he mostly can only make when standing still. He's not a Rodgers sidearm, on the run, still makes an unbelievably perfect throw guy.

I also don't feel like Cook can carry the offense, either. Could be wrong there, but just doesn't feel like that. Was huge in the first half of Pittsburgh, but in Chicago he couldn't do much.

Defense can still be good enough to keep us in the game, if the offense can win it.

But, doesn't feel like we have a chance vs the Pack in Lambeau. And once we lose that game, it's over. No playoffs.

Zim and Spiel will be fired. Starting over.
I think Sunday's game will be anyone's game. The packers are fools gold and we have beat them back to back. I think we give them a hell of a game.

PA guaranteed that Rodgers would not be a Packer in 2021. He guaranteed it based on insider information. Nagzilla, why do you talk that way, covenant claps.

PA guaranteed that Rodgers would not be a Packer in 2021. He guaranteed it based on insider information. Nagzilla, why do you talk that way, covenant claps.
I am of the opinion that Rodgers will be in GB throughout 2022. Why leave the pushovers in the NFC North?

PLEASE NOTE "opinion" as the operative word not a "guaranty" in any way, shape, form, for fear of being reminded by Spaulding every other day.

PA also said Mond has taken a huge jump in the last third of the season.

PA also said ‘well, nacho libre I know you are a busy man so I’ll let you go’. Except Ben has never had anything going except being on kfan.

Sounds like he will be. Season now done, Zimmer’s days are limited.

And hopefully we can ditch Cousins fairly soon, maybe even trade him after the season.

Like it or not, it looks more and more like they'll be doing a ground-up rebuild, starting with a new foundation.

I would say it's a very Vikings end to the season. But I thought the season was over weeks ago.

I don't really wanna see Cousins back next year.

If Mannion goes, then Spielman must be fired. Mond needs to play.
Spielman should be fired, but not for starting the 2nd string QB over the 3rd string QB in week 16 while play-off hopes remain technically alive. According to everything I've heard, the coaches don't see anything with Mond anyway.

I would say it's a very Vikings end to the season. But I thought the season was over weeks ago.

I don't really wanna see Cousins back next year.
Trade Cousins for a first. Trade for Russel Wilson.

Trade Cousins for a first. Trade for Russel Wilson.
With his contract is there really any chance of getting a 1st for Cousins? Is Russ cooked? Maybe not, but the Vikings line play I don't think he would do much better here than in Seattle this season.

On another note, I bet NBC wishes they had flexed out of this game.

With his contract is there really any chance of getting a 1st for Cousins? Is Russ cooked? Maybe not, but the Vikings line play I don't think he would do much better here than in Seattle this season.

I've seen multiple trade scenarios suggesting we could get a 1st round pick for Cousins. His cap # to the trading team is $35 million and the Vikings have to eat $10 million. But assuming he's willing to sign an extension it can be made into a workable #.

I don't think Russ is cooked personally. Seattle doesn't have much talent around him anymore. Certainly nothing like Jefferson or Cook. The lines may be comparable.

I don't think he just suddenly lost it all at the age of 33. He is scrambling far less this year, that does concern me a bit. But I'd still roll the dice that he has 3-4 good years left.

Last edited:

Cousins is a franchise first guy. Making sure we don’t win meaningless games that hurt our draft position

Last time Mannion started for the Vikings he went 12-21 for 126 yards and 2 ints. He has not thrown a TD pass in his career. Why not take a chance and start Mond?

Russ is cooked. Past his prime. Trading anything more than a 3rd rounder is a waste.

Zimmerdamus saw this coming in the summer:
"Something like this happens a day before a game that has a chance to get you to the playoffs or something like that ..."

I hope I've seen the last of Cousins in purple. So much reminds me of a couple of officers I had in the service. Dressed the part and talked the part but no way in hell any of their men thought of them as their leader.

Zimmer quote on Sean Mannion: actual quote from the Strib - I did not make this up......

"We'll have to make some adjustments. Sean knows the game plan cold. He's an extremely brilliant person. Puts in the work every single week like he's the starter, and he is this week."

For anyone who knows how gambling works - how does this impact bets that have already been made on the game? Does Vegas take this one "off the board?"

Zimmer quote on Sean Mannion: actual quote from the Strib - I did not make this up......

"We'll have to make some adjustments. Sean knows the game plan cold. He's an extremely brilliant person. Puts in the work every single week like he's the starter, and he is this week."

For anyone who knows how gambling works - how does this impact bets that have already been made on the game? Does Vegas take this one "off the board?"
They may have taken it off the board temporarily, but if your bet was already placed, it is still honored.

Last time Mannion started for the Vikings he went 12-21 for 126 yards and 2 ints. He has not thrown a TD pass in his career. Why not take a chance and start Mond?
Mannion has taken almost all the 2nd team reps all year. Mond has been running the scout team. It's really not fair to throw him out there in this situation (road game, national TV, pretty good defense) if you have another option, IMO. I get it, they're going to lose so it would be more interesting to watch him, but I'm not sure much good would come of it.

Tarvaris Jackson's 1st start comes to mind. 2nd-to-last game of the season. In GB. National TV. The defense scored on a pick 6 of Favre. And the Packers still won 10-7. I don't think the Vikings had 100 yards of total offense that night.

Playing Mannion over Mond would be so
Mannion has taken almost all the 2nd team reps all year. Mond has been running the scout team. It's really not fair to throw him out there in this situation (road game, national TV, pretty good defense) if you have another option, IMO. I get it, they're going to lose so it would be more interesting to watch him, but I'm not sure much good would come of it.

Tarvaris Jackson's 1st start comes to mind. 2nd-to-last game of the season. In GB. National TV. The defense scored on a pick 6 of Favre. And the Packers still won 10-7. I don't think the Vikings had 100 yards of total offense that night.
Safe screens, hand it off to cook, short passes, get him out on the edge.

let Mond see it. Playing Mannion is the biggest waste of time on the planet.

I want to see what his accuracy and demeanor is like. Green Bay's defense has sucked balls lately.

I am going to be pissed when they play mannion instead. It's so Vikings though, so why worry about it.

His career QB rating is 101.5. His QB rating for 2021 is 99.4. That doesn't scream "cooked".
QBR is 19th in the NFL, worse than Cousins. Lowest QBR in his career by a mile.

Cooked.

Wilson would be a desperation move, made by a GM who doesn't want to rebuild. It would be incredibly foolish to go after him.

Top Bottom