All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

I'm guessing if Rodgers had 10 good toes he would have thrown for 400+ against the Vikings.
Maybe.

But he had a nice long run (at least one), and he had a throw on the move going to his left, as good as you can throw it. What more can you do?

Fair enough.

I guess a better challenge would have been: how many of the "poorly graded" plays by the Vikings OL actually led to pressure on the QB?

I just feel like if KC was pressured all the time, then no way would he be passing as well as he has.

And thus, that can be true, at the same time as it is true that the Vikings OL pass-pro is one of the worst in the league on average over all five guys.

Maybe.

But he had a nice long run (at least one), and he had a throw on the move going to his left, as good as you can throw it. What more can you do?
I was making an attempt at humor, because he threw for 385 anyway with only 9 healthy toes. Should have added the wink emoji.

Though it is logical, if he was 100% (and perhaps also had a full week of reps in practice) he could have got the additional 15 passing yds in some manner. He went to the locker early at halftime to get treatment and Love kneeled down. Who knows, maybe they take a shot right there on their own 35 to get into FG range.

Anyone else see this? Hilarious. I can’t believe a coach would act so childish.

The Packers and their fans have really shown his much they can handle losses. My 4 year old is more mature.

Anyone else see this? Hilarious. I can’t believe a coach would act so childish.

The Packers and their fans have really shown his much they can handle losses. My 4 year old is more mature.

Sorry to even do this .... but this is exactly what it is:

it's exactly the same as conservatives.

They love nothing more than to dish it out, and do so in abundance, especially when riding high. But as soon as they lose or someone gives it back to them, they turn into coward little babies.

Charley Walters: Vikings’ Justin Jefferson in line to strike it rich​

Justin Jefferson is playing for $1.2 million in salary this season in the second year of an initial $13.1 million, four-year first-round (No. 22 overall) contract. If the Vikings wide receiver stays healthy and produces the way he has, his next contract, in two years, should be colossal.

The NFL labor contract prohibits Jefferson from renegotiating until after three years. The earliest the Vikings technically could give him a long-term extension is in the spring of 2023. The Vikings, if they choose, could push an extension out to the fourth year, or guarantee a fifth year at a high level of pay.

The NFL’s salary cap is expected to erupt in two years, when Jefferson could end up with a monster deal, maybe $140 million or so for five years.

The highest-paid Viking in team history is QB Kirk Cousins (a guaranteed $84 million, three-year contract in 2018) because of his position.

Skol Vikes!!

Vikings literally playing the 2nd-string DL against a power-running 49ers team today. If the 49ers wind up with 35+ minutes in TOP, could be a long day for the Vikes.

I bet all my winnings from college basketball on the Vikings. Merry Christmas!

Patrick Peterson hates these niners

Tough loss. But they win if they don't turn it over or if the entire D line isn't out. The Cook injury looks ugly though. I doubt he misses less than 3-4 weeks.

Tough loss. But they win if they don't turn it over or if the entire D line isn't out. The Cook injury looks ugly though. I doubt he misses less than 3-4 weeks.
I think they still lose. The linebackers and secondary are such trash. Just pure garbage. We had fairly good pressure, but they go right at Breeland and Alexander at will.

Vikings gotta sour an otherwise fantastic football weekend. Typical!

I think they still lose. The linebackers and secondary are such trash. Just pure garbage. We had fairly good pressure, but they go right at Breeland and Alexander at will.
Kendricks is the only LV worth a darn. The defense as a whole is old, overpaid, and below average.

This is not a good team. They're an average team.

Also, Udoh has to go. That guy is horrible.

Kendricks is the only LV worth a darn. The defense as a whole is old, overpaid, and below average.

This is not a good team. They're an average team.

Also, Udoh has to go. That guy is horrible.
Kendricks is blown out on the run all day and all night. He's not good against the run. I've wanted him moved outside for years. We need a bigger, more physical middle linebacker.

It's very depressing as Barr, Kendricks, and Smith are aging before our eyes. One corner is old and the other sucks balls. Both were one year signings. Woods is blah.

The d-line has no backups' and the starters were nothing to brag about.

They have no cap money to fix any of it. It doesn't appear they have any youngsters worth noting.

What a flipping mess.

Top Bottom