All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

PA by way of DC and CA. I call football games and make some dough. My lady calls me and it makes me grow. That’s a wrap on the show -nordo.

I heard that not one Viking rookie from this last draft class, played in the AZ game. Is that correct? How is that even possible?
I believr Special Teams had at least 1 rookie play. None on offense or defense, and we drafted 11 players.

Fire both.

He's not wrong, but what % of Giants fans would trade Judge for Mike Zimmer? I'd guess way more than 50%...
He was also here during Leslie Frazier. So I don't even think it was a personal shot at Zim.

None on offense or defense, and we drafted 11 players.
Coaching staff was directly responsible for Darrisaw still being injured before he ever got here and for Gladney punching his gf (last year, but exactly the same point).

Directly responsible.

:ROFLMAO:

Coaching staff was directly responsible for Darrisaw still being injured before he ever got here and for Gladney punching his gf (last year, but exactly the same point).

Directly responsible.

You're completely stupid. Gladney wasn't drafted in 2021.

You need another banning. Hopefully a permanent one.

Gladney wasn't drafted in 2021.
"(last year, but exactly the same point)."

And you conveniently skipped over the part where your stupid non-point was obliterated by Darrisaw being hurt. Neat!

"(last year, but exactly the same point)."

And you conveniently skipped over the part where your stupid non-point was obliterated by Darrisaw being hurt. Neat!
Poor due diligence. Plus 10 other draft picks on the bench.

Dumb.

Plus 10 other draft picks on the bench.
You said none. Not my fault you made a wrong point.

Davis will likely be playing at some point this year, as well. Didn't need anyone else this year on offense, when drafting (Irv got injured after).

On defense, they didn't draft a corner because they thought they had Gladney. Thought they'd have Barr. Signed a bunch of defensive free agents, to give it a chance at a SB this year.

That's why.

Just hasn't worked out that way. Typical Vikings bad luck.

You said none. Not my fault you made a wrong point.

Davis will likely be playing at some point this year, as well. Didn't need anyone else this year on offense, when drafting (Irv got injured after).

On defense, they didn't draft a corner because they thought they had Gladney. Thought they'd have Barr. Signed a bunch of defensive free agents, to give it a chance at a SB this year.

That's why.

Just hasn't worked out that way. Typical Vikings bad luck.
You idiot. None played. You can't read. 11 draft picks in 2021. None played.

Mods, ban this guy for stupidity.

I will say ... Vigil has been great so far.

Do we even need Barr??

It's still pretty early but a quick re-visit of the Vikings schedule and Ooooof. It's hard to see a ton of wins on that schedule. The home games with Detroit and Chicago seem the most likely and after that? Tough row to hoe, despite the fact I think the team is a LOT better than 0-2.

A couple of injuries and/or a few more bad breaks and this thing could be 1-10 in a hurry.

After they beat your top 5 Cards in Arizona, except the kick went right by a foot.

I heard that not one Viking rookie from this last draft class, played in the AZ game. Is that correct? How is that even possible?
Pretty sure that's wrong. Smith-Marsett and Patrick Jones both played.

It's still pretty early but a quick re-visit of the Vikings schedule and Ooooof. It's hard to see a ton of wins on that schedule. The home games with Detroit and Chicago seem the most likely and after that? Tough row to hoe, despite the fact I think the team is a LOT better than 0-2.

A couple of injuries and/or a few more bad breaks and this thing could be 1-10 in a hurry.
Ogee...........save this post!

I'm saying at the end of October, the Vikings are 5-2

This is a bad Vikings team. Really bad.

Do Zimmer and Spielman make it through the end of the season?

line played great, kirk played great, special teams played great. skol.

line played great, kirk played great, special teams played great. skol.

Yep.

It's awfully good to have Everson Griffen back. He was Russell Wilson's worst nightmare today — especially in the fourth quarter. Purple defense shut down the Seahawks completely in the second half.

Bears and Lions both lost. If the Packers lose tonight, Vikings are once again tied for first.

There is a lot of season left, and because of that, this was a big, big win against a team that until today seemed to have the Vikings' number.

Last edited:

There goes the number 1 overall pick.

The Pack is playing the Sunday night game and the packers qb looks like Aaron Rodgers. PA guaranteed he wouldn’t play for the pack this year.

This might be controversial. But Mattison looked way better than Cook in Games 1 + 2.

Anyone else wondering why Dantzler isn’t playing much? Breeland is terrible.
Breeland graded out one of worst corners in the league through 2 weeks and today was no better. Dantzler was solid last week. It's inexplicable.

Breeland graded out one of worst corners in the league through 2 weeks and today was no better. Dantzler was solid last week. It's inexplicable.
He got in Zimmer's doghouse somehow. Zim said he would have to play special teams, to earn back his playing time on defense, a couple/few (?) weeks ago. That could've been a quote from camp, as well, don't remember.

EDIT: it was a couple weeks ago: https://vikingsterritory.com/2021/general-news/vikings-cb-cameron-dantzler-has-his-marching-orders

On the Metcalf TD, he burned Peterson, not Breeland. And that might have been more of a zone thing, but not sure. He did quite a nifty route, Peterson tried to jump it, and he quickly went the other way.

But at least you all agree with me now that Breeland is not a starting NFL CB.

1) First game in a while where Cousins actually looked and played like he deserves to be paid what he's paid. Outstanding.

1b) it helps when the line gives him time!

2) Screens, screens, screens! Get your screens! Which is where our smaller, faster OL have a chance to excel! Duh! Perfect, keep calling it! Hey Mike Sanford .... you might want to check this out!

3) ...... it's just stupid to build an offense around, and pay a ton of money, for a RB. It just doesn't make sense. They get hurt too much. We really could've used that money we're paying Cook to help fortify other areas. Great game by Mattison, at a fraction of the cost.

Top Bottom