All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1999. These are your Minnesota Vikings.

Anyone notice on that last drive when the refs stopped the clock for 10 seconds or so because there was an extra football on the field and the offense still wasn’t lined up ready to go when the clock started again?
All I know is Zimmer didn't use the timeout at the end of the first half, and then had back to back timeouts yet again for a penalty. He's done.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1999. These are your Minnesota Vikings.
How about that pass that went right though our defenders hands. He bobbles it, he bobbles it again, he then grabs at it.........oh, he pops it into the air for the Dallas receiver to make the catch.

It's just eerie how that shit happens to us all day and all night.

Last edited:

zim will be fired, will be interesting if spielman will too, I think it’s time to clean house and start anew

Coaching wishlist:

Mike Tomlin

Doug Pederson

Byron Leftwich
Kellen Moore
Eric Bienemy.

Dude puts up good numbers year after year. But he folds like a cheap tent in big games. Anybody that has convinced themselves he’s capable of leading a team to a SB are delusional. Is it all Kirk? No. I’ve been banging the “blow this thing up” for the last couple years. But he is not a winner, plain and simple.
The only way I want Cousins as my QB is if he's making $15 million or less. He's on the Ryan Tannehill level and it's very hard to win a Super Bowl that way.

1 for 13 on third downs tonight. Just BRUTAL

Cousins, in and of himself is not the problem. His contract, and not playing up to a top 10 level at QB, is part of the problem.

You flat out need better QB play for over $30MM/year, and that massive contract eats up space where it could be spent.

Another problem…when Max Williams went down for the year, AZ goes out and gets Ertz…when Irv Smith goes down for the year, Spielman shops at the scrap heap. This is his doing.

Burn it to the ground.

One thing about this team is that its roster construction is in stark contrast to the head coach’s philosophy. Zimmer wants to be a run-heavy team with a dominant defense (which makes no sense with how the NFL rules favor the pass today) but we sign a QB to a massive contract and spend draft picks on everything EXCEPT offensive line. You cannot be effective running the ball with Bradbury at center. He just can’t move anyone. I know they picked up Darrisaw this year, but that is one early draft pick spent on OL in the past how many years?

And can anyone tell me again what qualified Klint Kubiak for the OC job other than being Gary’s kid? The guy seems to have a nice script to open the game, but once he has to start making calls after that, it’s just a mess and super predictable.

And we will be in cap hell until Cousins’s contract is off the books. Not saying he’s a bad QB but that contract will kill them for years.

Last edited:

Their inability to mix up the offense and throw on first downs a bunch of times is their un-doing. Run run pass is brutal. It's probably due to the fear of God Zimmer has instilled in the offensive coordinator.

And Zim thought it would be a good idea to not blitz the inexperienced QB? Why, I don't know? The guy certainly picked the Vikings a part in the second half.

Anything short of a super bowl at this point, Zimmer should be fired. I've been one of his biggest advocated, but this game was inexcusable. Should have been a blowout

Coach doesn't matter if you don't hire a new GM.

Their inability to mix up the offense and throw on first downs a bunch of times is their un-doing. Run run pass is brutal. It's probably due to the fear of God Zimmer has instilled in the offensive coordinator.

And Zim thought it would be a good idea to not blitz the inexperienced QB? Why, I don't know? The guy certainly picked the Vikings a part in the second half.

Anything short of a super bowl at this point, Zimmer should be fired. I've been one of his biggest advocated, but this game was inexcusable. Should have been a blowout
Do we really do run, run, pass?

We are dead last in the NFL for rushing touchdowns, and bottom 10 in rushing the football. I am a little confused here.

where did I say cousins calls the plays. Cousins missed a wide open JJ down the sidelines, up 7-0. Totally wide open. The next play was a pass to the TE who gets first down, but Kirk airmailed it. He then got the happy feet, and stops scanning the field. This guy panics when it ain't going well. He has his whole career, with all the different coordinators calling the plays. Granted, the offensive line was garbage again.

I hope that helps. He was brutal tonight. Just a workman like performance gets it done. He froze, though.

You aren't talking about the play where JJ slowed down midway through the route? ROFL! Again.....if you think Cousins is anywhere near the top of the list of things wrong with this team.....you don't have a clue about football.

How about that pass that went right though our defenders hands. He bobbles it, he bobbles it again, he then grabs at it.........oh, he pops it into the air for the Dallas receiver to make the catch.

It's just eerie how that shit happens to us all day and all night.
Danzler should have had a pick on a terrible over throw but couldn’t move his feet fast enough to catch the ball….

my favorite is still the Antonio freeman catch which I think was also Halloween at lambeau field.

1) Breeland is 100% trash, and that is on Zimmer and Spielman.
2) Cousins is not very good, his stats may be good, but he cannot beat good teams. We were up 7-0 and were driving and Cousins over-throws JJ down the right sidelines, JJ was wide open. Cousins did not have to do that. I think the next play, Cousins over-throws the TE on the left side, and we punt. Then Cousins gets mad at a receiver, and he is the problem. Cousins got outplayed by a guy, no one had ever heard of. Viking fans get drunk on Cousins, and I do not know why.

So glad I went to bed a little after halftime. I figured they would blow it, they weren't looking good.

Blow this team up. Trade any older players you can get something for, trade Cook also.

Build around Hunter, Darrisaw, O'Neil and JJ.

We get it. You are the head of the Paul Allen Fan Club. Nobody cares to join.
He is the vox, the silver fox. Now, if you are contemplating a move please consider triple A movers. You may not move everyday but they do.

1) Breeland is 100% trash, and that is on Zimmer and Spielman.
2) Cousins is not very good, his stats may be good, but he cannot beat good teams. We were up 7-0 and were driving and Cousins over-throws JJ down the right sidelines, JJ was wide open. Cousins did not have to do that. I think the next play, Cousins over-throws the TE on the left side, and we punt. Then Cousins gets mad at a receiver, and he is the problem. Cousins got outplayed by a guy, no one had ever heard of. Viking fans get drunk on Cousins, and I do not know why.
JJ slowed down. If he didn’t do that, he catches it in stride and probably scores.

Cousins had issues last night, but that throw was not one of them.

JJ slowed down. If he didn’t do that, he catches it in stride and probably scores.

Cousins had issues last night, but that throw was not one of them.

That's two people (same poster maybe) that have blamed that on Cousins. The announcers mentioned it and even showed it in the replay. JJ hesitated or he would have caught it in stride.

Cousins is overpaid for what he is....but people need to calm down and ease up. He hasn't been the problem this year and has played like a top ten QB. 14 touchdowns to 2 interceptions. 12th in yards, top ten in yards per games, 5th in completion percentage, eighth in quarterback rating.

People say that he cannot beat good teams. Against the Cardinals in week two not only outplayed Kyler Murray.....but he also put together a two minute drive to get us into game winning FG range. Joseph missed the 37 yard field goal.

I think people also forget that he has been pretty clutch down the stretch in several other games this year. Week one against Cincy, Cousins had to run a two minute offense starting at our own five yard line to get us into FG range to send the game to OT. If Cook doesn't fumble (may have been a bad call)....we win that game most likely. Against the Lions.....Cousins drives down the field with 33 seconds, starting from the 18 to get us into FG range for the win. Against the Panthers, with 42 seconds, starting from the 28 yard line, Cousins puts together a drive give the Vikings a shot for a game winning 47 yard field goal. Joseph missed it. We still won in OT after Cousins takes us right down the field on the first possession.

I understand that win things are going well....the QB gets a lot of love and when things aren't going well....he takes a lot of the heat. But people are kidding themselves by blaming Cousins for the way this year has gone. The offensive line, the defensive backfield....and more than anything....the coaching staff have been the issues. The conservative playcalling is an antiquated system. Few teams run the clock out before half when they have a minute remaining or more....with timeouts. Zimmer and company do. On third and longs....younger coaches let their quarterbacks air the ball out. Not the Vikings. We lie down by running a draw.

Coach doesn't matter if you don't hire a new GM.
I would imagine most people that want Zim gone also want Rick "accumulate as many 6-7th round picks as possible" Spielman gone as well. Personally, I've aired my Spielman hate in the offseason, but now have shifted to Zim distain, as it's largely out of Rick's hands by now.

I was a big Zim fan up until 2020. I'm just burned out on the whole deal and want them gone.

Dude puts up good numbers year after year. But he folds like a cheap tent in big games. Anybody that has convinced themselves he’s capable of leading a team to a SB are delusional. Is it all Kirk? No. I’ve been banging the “blow this thing up” for the last couple years. But he is not a winner, plain and simple.
And then the stupid distractions about the vaccine. Sorry to even bring that up, but it's true that it was. Terrible leadership decision on that.

Was willing to look past it when he was playing great. But not with this turd.

Top Bottom