All Things 2021 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

It amazes me in today’s age with replay they still get it wrong and are just guessing at what happened.
The funny thing about the ref that ultimately called it a fumble by Cook didn’t even know it was fumbled right away. A situation where going with the call on the field is soooo stupid. He was clearly down.

Yeah. Those refs were pretty bad all game. Look no further than the Jefferson (non)touchdown. Not only did they likely get the call wrong.....but they also placed the ball a full yard back....whereas it shouldn't have been more than a few inches from the line. Think about that when considering whether Cook was down or not.....and whether it was only by a few inches. These guys were already way off.

As somebody said, it was a very Vikings loss.

Why bother having instant replay if you aren't going to use the tool to get it right? JJ clearly had a touchdown. Easy overturn. The Dalvin fumble was slightly closer but all the replays we saw on TV showed that his butt was on the ground before he gave up the ball. If it's close but the right call, it's still the right call.

Going to be so happy to see Zimmer and Spielman gone
Kind of a stupid take, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. A quick search of some NFL GM rankings has Spielman averaging a top-10 ranking and the same search puts Zimmer just about middle of the pack.

I think I'll reserve my judgment on the season, and how this young OL develops, until we at least get to October or November.

Kind of a stupid take, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. A quick search of some NFL GM rankings has Spielman averaging a top-10 ranking and the same search puts Zimmer just about middle of the pack.

I think I'll reserve my judgment on the season, and how this young OL develops, until we at least get to October or November.
Darrisaw and Davis need to be good to save the line. It'e just horrible right now.

Vikings got hosed on both replays. The 2nd one probably cost them the game. Turnovers should not be defaulted to "call on the field unless indisputable" status.

Darrisaw and Davis need to be good to save the line. It'e just horrible right now.
I know he's been dinged up but Darrisaw needs to grow up fast and step in for Hill. Udoh seems to have stepped up a little bit and will give Davis a LITTLE bit of time to ease into a starting spot.

We'll see how it goes. People have bitched about the Vikings not using draft capital on OL for a long time now and that's hardly the case anymore. That OL is now comprised of 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks (at least if/when Davis and Darrisaw take over as starters). Time for those guys to earn that status and perform.

Mike Hughes ices a win for KC with a pick. Meanwhile Breeland looks like the 2nd coming of late Xavier Rhodes. Frequently burned and always hurt afterwards.

Going to be so happy to see Zimmer and Spielman gone
I want them both to go as I am tired of being the same old gang back together and trying to win. Look in the mirror and realize that the window has closed and move on. Stop giving out contracts to defer money down the road, ie the Smith extension. Realize the salary cap he’ll you are in and let’s find a bleeping quarterback on a rookie contract to try and win.

As somebody said, it was a very Vikings loss.

Why bother having instant replay if you aren't going to use the tool to get it right? JJ clearly had a touchdown. Easy overturn. The Dalvin fumble was slightly closer but all the replays we saw on TV showed that his butt was on the ground before he gave up the ball. If it's close but the right call, it's still the right call.

Cory Cove during fanline brought up a very good point. The NFL is a billion dollar industry. How do they NOT have camera angles for EVERYTHING at this point? The fact that we can't determine a fumble because we only have three different clips to look at is kind of a joke.

Vikings got hosed on both replays. The 2nd one probably cost them the game. Turnovers should not be defaulted to "call on the field unless indisputable" status.

Yup. I saw someone say that the ref who called it Bengals ball didn't even see the fumble until it was out and recovered. Had no angle to make the call. And then video evidence wasn't there to overturn it. Go figure.

Plus Ezra Cleveland could easily be bad. If he's bad, then 4/5 offensive line starters are bad. Everyone but O'Neill and Cleveland is a proven bench player, and Cleveland could join the others quickly.
They need to bring in someone who can actually evaluate Oline talent...

Did you see the new Souhan article?

Rodgers's animosity towards the Packers was a prank on the Twin Cities....and a rouse to get them in position to draft a CB that nobody had going that high. So winning.

Now he's losing games to own the Twin Cities some more.

Can Rodgers stop trolling the TC media so much and just start winning?

The game with the Cardinals Sunday should be a doozy. The Cardinals pass rush feasted on the Titans OL last Sunday, almost scary to think what Chandler Jones and JJ Watt might do against this Vikings OL.

Patrick Peterson return to State Farm Stadium; considering he's made a number of fairly derogatory comments about the Cardinals since he's left, it's really hard to say how he'll be received by the home crowd. Right behind Larry Legend, he was always one of my favorite Cardinals of the last decade. On the flip side, Cardinals insiders are saying that in just a couple of months, JJ Watt has been more of a leader in the locker room than P2 ever was. Ouch.

Cardinals opened up at (-2.5) favorites and it quickly went to (-4) in most places. I think the Vikings rebound and play a pretty good game, just not sure it will be enough. I always like to listen to the sharps talk about the lines, how recency bias overly affects people sometimes. Often they will go back just over a week and see what the line WOULD have been then, so basically, before the Week 1 games, what would this game have been. Before Week 1, books would have likely had this Cards/Vikes game as close to a pick 'em, maybe Cards by (-1) or so. If that's the case, the value would surely be with the Vikings at (+4) right now?

Still haven't decided if I'm wearing a Cardinals jersey or a Vikings jersey to the game Sunday; I'm bringing a couple Vikings fans from MSP so maybe I wear Cards red just to even things out and make it interesting.

Rodgers's animosity towards the Packers was a prank on the Twin Cities....and a rouse to get them in position to draft a CB that nobody had going that high. So winning.

Now he's losing games to own the Twin Cities some more.

Can Rodgers stop trolling the TC media so much and just start winning?
Oof you gave em a click. SMH

The game with the Cardinals Sunday should be a doozy. The Cardinals pass rush feasted on the Titans OL last Sunday, almost scary to think what Chandler Jones and JJ Watt might do against this Vikings OL.

Patrick Peterson return to State Farm Stadium; considering he's made a number of fairly derogatory comments about the Cardinals since he's left, it's really hard to say how he'll be received by the home crowd. Right behind Larry Legend, he was always one of my favorite Cardinals of the last decade. On the flip side, Cardinals insiders are saying that in just a couple of months, JJ Watt has been more of a leader in the locker room than P2 ever was. Ouch.

Cardinals opened up at (-2.5) favorites and it quickly went to (-4) in most places. I think the Vikings rebound and play a pretty good game, just not sure it will be enough. I always like to listen to the sharps talk about the lines, how recency bias overly affects people sometimes. Often they will go back just over a week and see what the line WOULD have been then, so basically, before the Week 1 games, what would this game have been. Before Week 1, books would have likely had this Cards/Vikes game as close to a pick 'em, maybe Cards by (-1) or so. If that's the case, the value would surely be with the Vikings at (+4) right now?

Still haven't decided if I'm wearing a Cardinals jersey or a Vikings jersey to the game Sunday; I'm bringing a couple Vikings fans from MSP so maybe I wear Cards red just to even things out and make it interesting.
One over the other. Switch when they change offense and defense.

Qb's that can make plays with their feet are always a disaster with this defense. I'm hoping we can win the turnover battle.

Qb's that can make plays with their feet are always a disaster with this defense. I'm hoping we can win the turnover battle.
We need Barr in there to break his collar bone.

We need Barr in there to break his collar bone.
I just won't be surprised if Barr doesn't play this year. Or at the least, plays little and contributes little.

Just feels like that.

That said, unless it's like the #1 team playing the worst team in the league ... the NFL is famous for being the National Fake-you-out League.

When it seems all correct and right that X should happen ....... nope! And why? Because ... just because.

Vikes win :)

I just won't be surprised if Barr doesn't play this year. Or at the least, plays little and contributes little.

Just feels like that.
No shit.
They will probably announce he is having surgery after week 4.

I think we get blown out this week.

Anyone who is reading articles and believing them, that Rick Spielman is a Top 10 GM, I really don't know how to help you out anymore.

Wherever you are getting your information, or whatever data points you are using to tell you this, are just out right false or the incorrect data points to be looking at.

How can we go through such a long stretch of mediocrity and the man still has a job, not to mention, most of the real talent on this team is old. Even Cook is probably past his prime at his current age considering how young RB's typically are.

So we have Justin Jefferson, and a resigned Danielle Hunter who might actually be overrated.

That's the future of this team and a right tackle who was just overpaid on a large contract, simply because he's the one piece out of the five who can be counted on to do his job.

Top Bottom