All Things 2021 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I had club seats, too! Right behind home 3 rows up.

I get rain outs suck. But this was the first of the year and I think that's a tad cynical. And you can exchange the tickets for any future game, so the folks upset about it now being a midweek 7 inning game are silly.
Just say you’re not going to play because to looks like it might rain. Make that announcement at 10:30am well before anyone heads to the stadium. They made no attempt to even play the game yesterday. The best part was they watered the field while people were in the stadium for a game canceled for rain.

Dan Barreiro spent the first 15 minutes of his Sunday show ripping the Twins for calling off the game. Said it's unprofessional to treat the fans that way, and announced that he is "done with" the Twins.

He also trashed the BSN TV crew for "making apologies" for the Twins and not being honest.

The Twins bought themselves a ton of negative publicity. And they're not playing well. that is not a good formula if you hope to sell tickets for the rest of the season.

FWIW, I sat through a few rain delays back at the old Met Stadium.
You don't call off a game because it "might" rain. several writers said that they could have started the game and possibly gotten in enough innings to make a regulation game.

Holy Bleep. Two Indians players collided while chasing a shallow fly ball. One player - Naylor - got tangled up with the other guy and landed with his right leg bent at a bad angle. Replays will be available if you have a strong stomach. based on what I saw, it's either a broken ankle or the guy tore every ligament and tendon in his ankle. long delay while they put on an air splint and carted the guy off the field.

Dan Barreiro spent the first 15 minutes of his Sunday show ripping the Twins for calling off the game. Said it's unprofessional to treat the fans that way, and announced that he is "done with" the Twins.

He also trashed the BSN TV crew for "making apologies" for the Twins and not being honest.

The Twins bought themselves a ton of negative publicity. And they're not playing well. that is not a good formula if you hope to sell tickets for the rest of the season.

You don't call off a game because it "might" rain. several writers said that they could have started the game and possibly gotten in enough innings to make a regulation game.
It always amazes me that professional teams treat their “fans” like absolute garbage and neither side seems to care. I guess that’s true with corporations too.

Not a good look for the twins today. Not postponing the game prior to people showing up, but then also not even making an attempt to start the game. They obviously didn’t want to play today, but still wanted the few thousand fans show up just for some extra money. Not what was a Saturday June game will be made up as a horse shit 7 inning game on a Tuesday in September.
With bad play and the issues watching them on cable alternatives the twins are fast becoming a forgotten organization.

Do fans get a 22% rebate for a 7 inning game as opposed to a 9 inning game? I suppose it's still fair if it's a doubleheader but if they did it as a 7 inning "split", that would really suck.

Today's Twins vs. Indians game has been postponed
Today's (Saturday, June 26) 1:10 p.m. game against the Cleveland Indians has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up as part of a split doubleheader on Tuesday, September 14. The first game will be the makeup of today’s game and will start at 1:10 p.m., followed by the regularly-scheduled game at 6:40 p.m. Per Major League Baseball rules for the 2021 season, both games of the September 14 doubleheader will be seven-inning contests.

Fans holding tickets purchased directly from the Minnesota Twins to today's postponed game have the following options:
  • Utilize their tickets for admission into the rescheduled game.
  • Utilize their ticket toward any future Twins regular season game in 2021 (subject to ticket availability). All exchanges must be made at least 24 hours before the rescheduled game.
  • Tickets for the postponed game are not subject to refunds.
  • Tickets purchased from a secondary ticket reseller will be good for the makeup game only.
  • Complimentary tickets are valid for the makeup game only

7 inning games are BS. Garbage last year, garbage this year.

Given the low attendance, it seems they should have at least said "your tickets are good for the make-up game AND you can get a ticket to any other game with availability. They did this a couple years ago at a game I went to that had a 4 hour rain delay. You could stay for the game and still trade the ticket in for another game.

Holy Bleep. Two Indians players collided while chasing a shallow fly ball. One player - Naylor - got tangled up with the other guy and landed with his right leg bent at a bad angle. Replays will be available if you have a strong stomach. based on what I saw, it's either a broken ankle or the guy tore every ligament and tendon in his ankle. long delay while they put on an air splint and carted the guy off the field.
Watching him flop around after was almost worse than watching the ankle snap. So painful all around.

I was in the car listening to Gladden/Provus description and was getting queasy.

Today's Twins vs. Indians game has been postponed
Today's (Saturday, June 26) 1:10 p.m. game against the Cleveland Indians has been postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up as part of a split doubleheader on Tuesday, September 14. The first game will be the makeup of today’s game and will start at 1:10 p.m., followed by the regularly-scheduled game at 6:40 p.m. Per Major League Baseball rules for the 2021 season, both games of the September 14 doubleheader will be seven-inning contests.

Fans holding tickets purchased directly from the Minnesota Twins to today's postponed game have the following options:
  • Utilize their tickets for admission into the rescheduled game.
  • Utilize their ticket toward any future Twins regular season game in 2021 (subject to ticket availability). All exchanges must be made at least 24 hours before the rescheduled game.
  • Tickets for the postponed game are not subject to refunds.
  • Tickets purchased from a secondary ticket reseller will be good for the makeup game only.
  • Complimentary tickets are valid for the makeup game only
While that is great it doesn’t help you if you paid to park and already bought lunch for the people you are with. Not to mention all the people from the hinterlands that may have needed a hotel. What the twins did was wrong and a great way to alienate even more fans.
You already have issues watching them without a cable subscription and now they treat you like trash when you show up for a game in person.

One last thing on the twins non rain out rain out. Cleveland comes to town again and there is an off day prior to and after that scheduled series. Rather than just give up an off day and play a 9 inning game they scheduled the game for a split double header that way they keep their off days and don’t loose a home game so no refunds.

that is down right evil.

NASA: Newly Discovered Asteroid Will ‘Definitely’ Land on Byron Buxton​

When NASA astronomer Steve Bland observed a new asteroid hurtling through space earlier this month, he was alarmed. The object was clearly on a path that would send it directly towards Earth. “Obviously, that’s a nightmare scenario,” said Bland. “Even a relatively small object could wreak havoc on the impact area.”

Further study relieved Bland and his co-workers when it was determined that the asteroid, named 2021 SB, would disintegrate rapidly upon entering the planet’s atmosphere. However, there was one note of concern.

“Just from following the course it’s travelling through our solar system, there is zero doubt in my mind that it’s definitely going to land on top of Minnesota Twins center fielder Byron Buxton,” said Bland.

It’s estimated that 2021 SB will be the size of a golf ball once it reaches Buxton and will likely end its grand celestial journey on his throwing shoulder or right big toe.

“I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like this before,” admitted Bland. "Most asteroids do not target individuals."

The Twins say they’ve been notified by NASA of the situation.

“It’s not an existential threat to all human life but Byron is for sure going to be out indefinitely,” said Twins manager Rocco Baldelli. “We spoke with Byron and he’s as disappointed as we are.”

Officials say the asteroid will likely reach Buxton immediately after his left hand is fully healed from the fracture suffered during Monday’s game versus Cincinnati.

“2021 SB actually appeared to slow down on Monday evening,” said Bland. “It was on pace to get here on Wednesday but now looks like it’s taking its sweet time. Yes, that’s unusual.”

Although Bland didn’t want to speculate on the actual date, time, and location, sources close to the team say they expect the space object to injure Buxton on his first day back with the Twins or on a St. Paul rehab assignment when he’s signing autographs for impressionable young children.

Classic!

While that is great it doesn’t help you if you paid to park and already bought lunch for the people you are with. Not to mention all the people from the hinterlands that may have needed a hotel. What the twins did was wrong and a great way to alienate even more fans.
You already have issues watching them without a cable subscription and now they treat you like trash when you show up for a game in person.
I paid for train tickets, plus a pretty up marked lunch!
I am a partial season Ticket holder, so I go to a lot of games. Went Friday, Sat, Sunday. The mood at the ticket window after Saturdays news was grim. The guy in front of me paid cash for his tickets, and was from out of town. The Twins took his address and will send him a check. I heard it with my own ears, so even though they say they won’t, apparently they will refund.

Last edited:

One last thing on the twins non rain out rain out. Cleveland comes to town again and there is an off day prior to and after that scheduled series. Rather than just give up an off day and play a 9 inning game they scheduled the game for a split double header that way they keep their off days and don’t loose a home game so no refunds.

that is down right evil.
Maybe you need to take a break? Admire your passion, but bro Rocko ain't worth an ulcer😎. I took a 2 week sabbatical and now watch a game now and then of the highlights as I like envisioning AK & Laranch in a few years as a poor man's M & M boys.

Regarding the TV coverage, most local crews are homers and not objective as due to their relationship with the home team. Dick Bremer is probably the best guy you could sit next to on a plane in your lifetime, but he's not into criticism at all, as he is MN Nice to 10000% degree. I caught a couple of games with Latroy as the analyst and he was more insightful with his comments than Mourneau IMO.

Best local booth is Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez for The Mets. Cohen know more baseball than most ex-players and is not afraid to call out crap in-game or organizational moves and in my 25 years living here, he's had much to pick through. Darling and Keith can be great as solo analysts or as a two-some - they both have high baseball IQs and Keith's arrogance (he said of Freddie Freeman's 4 GG, "that he only has 7 more to go to catch me." or disregard for what he deems boring as when he order hotdogs for the section they were sitting in when they decided to call a game from within the crowd. If you ever can catch them, it's a joy and treat as a baseball fan - they get what make the game great - the history, stats, strategy, leisurely pace and Keith's cat.

When I moved to NYC, I gave myself a pass to adopt a NY baseball team, too long a season and no way to watch the Twinks regularly. Yankees were never considered - they and their fans feel like they invented the game and are arrogant beyond measure. Love to see The Mets win the division this year and have the Yanks watch the playoffs from home.

Ok, they know they messed up…..I just got this.

Your Complimentary Ticket Offer
Thank you for planning to join the Twins at Target Field for the Twins vs. Indians game on Saturday, June 26; our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the decision to postpone the game. As a loyal Twins Fan, in addition to your ticket exchange options (see below), you're invited to receive up to four (4) complimentary tickets to a future Sunday through Thursday, Value or Select, Twins home game during the 2021 regular season. Available seating options include Diamond Box (mid and high), Field Box (mid and high), Home Plate View, and Diamond View. Your opportunity to take advantage of this complimentary ticket offer begins today!

awfully nice to cancel the game and let your fans know THREE hours before first pitch.
This is the current radar so it scarily looks like a better radar picture than when the twins canceled the game.

Last edited:

Thank you for planning to join the Twins at Target Field for the Twins vs. Indians game on Saturday, June 26; our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the decision to postpone the game. As a loyal Twins Fan, in addition to your ticket exchange options (see below), you're invited to receive up to four (4) complimentary tickets to a future Sunday through Thursday, Value or Select, Twins home game during the 2021 regular season. Available seating options include Diamond Box (mid and high), Field Box (mid and high), Home Plate View, and Diamond View. Your opportunity to take advantage of this complimentary ticket offer begins today!
Good cause they have been clown organization this year and really ever since Mr. rest and recovery Baldelli took over.

Good. Though I don't know why they feel the need to restrict it to Sunday-Thursday games. They're not cracking 20K on the week-ends either.

If you came in from out of town and got a hotel, calling it off 3 hours earlier wouldn't have helped. Most folks who do that either plan on more than 1 game or give themselves an alternate of going Saturday or Sunday. A trade-off of outdoor baseball.

awfully nice to cancel the game and let your fans know THREE hours before first pitch.
This is the current radar so it scarily looks like a better radar picture than when the twins canceled the game.
This is just as stupid as what the Twins did. The rain has largely dissipated (at least the stuff going towards the south side). They should be playing right now.

Top Bottom