All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Completely false. He could dunk, and did.
Ok, I watched the tribute video and they did find one example of him dunking the ball, but that was not his game. I never recalled him dunking the ball once while I watched him play at the U.

You guys are all getting your underwear in a bunch thinking that I am trying to attack Randy. He was a great play and fun to watch. I was just noting that he didn't have much of a vertical jump and that was a running joke back when he played.

danny ogele added to the roster finally

two spots left, for those of you who still have eligibility remaning

I have eligibility. And I'm about 99% sure that I can shoot better free throws than Tre'.

I have eligibility. And I'm about 99% sure that I can shoot better free throws than Tre'.
Maybe get an agent…and stop handling yourself?

1978 I won the U’s intramural basketball free throw shooting contest. Made 98 out of 100. Well, actually it was a buddy who used my ID. He hit 96/100 on his own ID And knew he could do better.

Randy was far from explosive but had a soft touch around the basket and could shoot free throws. His height alone kept folks from entering the lane.
He was a nice guy too. It's funny how we fans see things differently than the players. Years ago I mentioned to Randy that I had seen what I considered to be his breakout game. He'd scored 14, if I recall correctly, against Kansas State. His first game in double figures. I had great doubts about him before that game, but felt very encouraged from it. Randy had no recollection of it! Just one of many, many games for him.

i think most have considered sterling manley off the list for some time. He's on the Bulls summer league. That's pros, he gets paid for those days, so he has no path back to college??

and in the Bulls first summer league game, Sterling was the only DNP on the roster

Last edited:

I can honestly say, I have never been less excited for a big 10 basketball season. Keep in mind, last season was one with zero fans.... Hmmm

Odd. I think zakai is 2022

zakai did retweet the story without correcting the headline. zakai has also retweeted articles referring to him as a 2022 recruit
I believe I read he was a 2021 but reclassified to 2022….and now has teams that would take him in the 21 class so may reclassify back for the right situation

Odd. I think zakai is 2022

zakai did retweet the story without correcting the headline. zakai has also retweeted articles referring to him as a 2022 recruit
He was originally a 2021. I think Ben wants him for this year and Pierre in 2022.

He was originally a 2021. I think Ben wants him for this year and Pierre in 2022.
so we might have the PG spot set for the next 4 years within the next two weeks? Anyone know the drop dead date for 2021? sometime the first week of class?

I have to admit, I don’t know much about the process, but isn’t it a little late to reclassify up in Ziegler’s case? Does he not have a diploma yet? How could he get in to college without a diploma. Also isn’t he already enrolled in his high school classes? Idk someone let me know how this would work please

I have to admit, I don’t know much about the process, but isn’t it a little late to reclassify up in Ziegler’s case? Does he not have a diploma yet? How could he get in to college without a diploma. Also isn’t he already enrolled in his high school classes? Idk someone let me know how this would work please
He definitely has a diploma. I believe he planned to head to prep school for an extra year before college.

pg Zakai Zeigler on OV to Tennessee currently, with Vols also trying to get him to commit this year

Tough competition. UTenn has a top 100 2022 PG signed...
the vols already have kennedy chandler on the roster. 2021 top pg per 247

with Kennedy this year and BJ Edwards next year, do the vols need Zakai to run the scout team?

Last edited:

the vols already have kennedy chandler on the roster. 2021 top pg per 247

with Kennedy this year and BJ Edwards next year, do the vols need Zakai to run the scout team?
Good! Thanks! Money flows freely down there but...man he would be a great pickup for us!

Top Bottom