All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

The best defensive team under Pitino was definitely the 2016-17 season. Alot of that had to do with Reggie Lynch though.

Yep, immediate major impact player despite his character flaws.

If he's healthy and comes here, that's certainly good news. Still, you have to be skeptical about someone who has played about 5 minutes over two years.
Like I said, there's some risk. But given the available scholarships, the desperate need at the position, and the fact that he appears to be healthy right now, it is easily worth it in my mind.

The best defensive team under Pitino was definitely the 2016-17 season. Alot of that had to do with Reggie Lynch though.
I'd be curious to see the numbers but not curious enough to do the work to compare PPG, opponents shooting %s, etc. Reggie definitely was a forced. Not just on shots blocked but so many altered.

Per Marcus we are going after former UNC 7 footer sterling Manley. Can’t tell from a Twitter search what other options he is all
considering:

Has the Mitchell ship sailed or would we take both?

Has the Mitchell ship sailed or would we take both?
I'd say we could take both. Mitchell isn't a true 5 from what I've seen but he could fill in there in a pinch. If Manley pans out I could see Fox playing more 4 next year, if he doesn't Fox and Thompson could hold down the 5. But that's probably an oversimplification.

guessing it's a wide net and includes others like penn-johnson and maybe (hopefully) Moussa Cisse. I don't know that any of them are going to receive combine invites. Since the invites are going out now, we should know shortly which schools they will choose.

all we need is that one quality center that wants about 32 minutes a game. Well, that and a backup incase the first one breaks.

do we have at least 5 scholoriships for 2022? If so we need to get a fab 5 from minnesota...period...LFG Ben

do we have at least 5 scholoriships for 2022? If so we need to get a fab 5 from minnesota...period...LFG Ben
They’re going to have at least 7-8 scholarships available for 2022 even if they take Manley and Mitchell. Probably 6 will be used on freshman.

walk on joey kern added to the roster. curious why Charlie 'Big Country' Daniels isn't listed yet

If we got Mitchell or Manley I’d consider it a win. I seriously doubt we get either. Hope I’m wrong.

well connected or forgot the decimal point?

good question. Mitchell news has been pretty much nil after his last cut of teams hes interested in and declaring for the draft.

We need some front court help or next season might be historically bad.

well connected or forgot the decimal point?
It was a typo. Not connected at all. Just following dots. Haven’t seen any big men offers recently reported and I don’t think Mitchell will go pro this year. On Manley I just don’t hear of anywhere else being mentioned. That can of course change. I do think he’s more likely to go and get some pro money due to his size, skill, and his injury history.

It was a typo. Not connected at all. Just following dots. Haven’t seen any big men offers recently reported and I don’t think Mitchell will go pro this year. On Manley I just don’t hear of anywhere else being mentioned. That can of course change. I do think he’s more likely to go and get some pro money due to his size, skill, and his injury history.
Ok. That is a pretty high percentage, I mean its basically pencil them in now percentage. I haven't really been following them that closely so I don't really have a counter to that. If that is true I am staggered; well here's to hoping you are correct.

Nah that just means you're old. I swear every year I think the incoming Freshmen look like they're 12. These dudes don't look like Freshmen at all.
Agreed. They look more like HS kids on TV dramas, which are generally played by 25 year olds.

Top Bottom