All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

I believe you are right, younger one is a freshman and name is Mercy
Yeah, that’s right. Mercy is projected to be better. Hercy is solid though. Really quick. Obviously money not at issue so I’m a little surprised Hercy didn’t try to walk on at a P6 school.

Yeah, that’s right. Mercy is projected to be better. Hercy is solid though. Really quick. Obviously money not at issue so I’m a little surprised Hercy didn’t try to walk on at a P6 school.
Maybe it was his goal to play at a HBCU school.

He had offers from LSU, USC and Mizzou

My two cents, spend it where you want, but not all at one place ...

So far we have 3 new transfers from lower level teams. All looked to have excelled with their prior teams. All look to be smart, high character guys. None of them leaving because they were disgruntled with their old team/coach. I like this because each of them are very hungry and excited to be joining Minnesota. Ben will be able to start off with all of theses guys buying into his system and knowing they have to earn playing time. I would be more cautious with bringing in P5 players that may be trying to run from something and may be more difficult to mold.

My two cents, spend it where you want, but not all at one place ...

So far we have 3 new transfers from lower level teams. All looked to have excelled with their prior teams. All look to be smart, high character guys. None of them leaving because they were disgruntled with their old team/coach. I like this because each of them are very hungry and excited to be joining Minnesota. Ben will be able to start off with all of theses guys buying into his system and knowing they have to earn playing time. I would be more cautious with bringing in P5 players that may be trying to run from something and may be more difficult to mold.
Agreed, year one is about building culture and identity. Find the right guys and start building

Agreed, year one is about building culture and identity. Find the right guys and start building
The thing I like about what the Gophers have picked up so far is the fact that one of them is a well-regarded defender. I would love to hear more about what kind of defenders the other guys are as well. It will be interesting to see if they are able to defend at the level needed to get stops in the Big 10. I love guys that can knock down the open 3 and generally score when they're open, but I also want those guys to be, at the very least, average defenders.

If Gabe is indeed gone, I'd love to see the Gophers end up with at least a couple of guys who are capable of guarding 2-3 positions and hold a guy to 3-12 shooting somewhat consistently. Or even better, limit their guy to a minimum of shot attempts.

Former MN target. D1MN player. From Brookfield, WI so Marquette makes a lot of sense.

Former MN target. D1MN player. From Brookfield, WI so Marquette makes a lot of sense.

It does. It would be interesting if he gave a hard look at Minnesota. When Smart left VCI for Texas he had recruited Murphy. Then we got him. Deja vu if we get another under sized PF in the same fashion. :)

Top Bottom