All Things 2020 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Packer + 1500 on the money line. Free money.

Vikings taking a page out of the Gophers playbook and going ultra conservative down the stretch.

Was it worth pulling out a win here? Maybe....since it was against the Packers. But I still think it's just another few picks lower every round.

Vikings taking a page out of the Gophers playbook and going ultra conservative down the stretch.
You have to take the 40 seconds off the clock there. The odds of converting 3rd and 9 aren't good.

Give me the choice between a top 10 draft pick and making the playoffs at 10-6 or even 11-5. I dare you. Give me that power.

See which I pick.

Really hope Dantzler isn't done for the year. If not physically, mentally/emotionally an injury like that can put perspective on life and/or make you play scared.

Was glad to see Dye back at LB, not sure how many plays he made.

DL stepped up. Really like Holmes and Wonum, who obviously made the great play to seal it. Still want to see Lynch more in there.

Secondary is decimated by injuries. It looked to me that Boyd just had a bad cramp. I hope so, not a knee.

That last TD they scored ... they had a cold rookie off the bench who hasn't played, Metellus ... covering Devote Adams. How --- f___king stupid --- can you be?? Rodgers had to be laughing to himself when he saw that.

Offense is what it is. Built for Dalvin Cook to set records. Everything else is based on that. Play action passes. We have great targets to throw to. Cousins can make the throws we need to win, if everything else goes well.

That last handoff to try to convert the 3rd down ... if they had faked it and thrown to Theilen instead off the fake ... might've been a TD. Hope they're setting that up for down the road. GB guy sold out on Cook from the start.

OL actually looked legit. Leave Cleveland in at RG for the rest of the year. Elflein and Samia: goodbye.

KJ Osborn actually made a couple nice plays on special teams too.

TBD. Lions next week. They could make a run still. Not that they should.

I really don't think it is. The Vikes defense is Gopher like. Even if they got everyone back (minus the guys out for the year)....this defense is still not good. If they make the playoffs this year....it will be with a 9-7 record at best....with an early departure.

A lot of Dalvin's yards were over right guard today. Our 2nd round pick was very good. We should get an early first round pick next year, hopefully a stud offensive lineman. An offensive line of Riley - stud 1st rd pick - Bradbury - Cleveland - ONeill could be very good. Our skill positions are second to none. I think Cousins can be very good with a very good offensive line. Purple colored glasses for sure but maybe?

I really don't think it is. The Vikes defense is Gopher like. Even if they got everyone back (minus the guys out for the year)....this defense is still not good. If they make the playoffs this year....it will be with a 9-7 record at best....with an early departure.
100%. I'm just saying that can still happen with the schedule they have left. I will say the defense showed some progress today.

100%. I'm just saying that can still happen with the schedule they have left. I will say the defense showed some progress today.

Yeah....but you saw the wind they were fighting against, right? The Vikes probably don't win if conditions aren't that crazy. Rodgers was floating and missing guys that he'd never miss in better conditions.

Was it worth pulling out a win here? Maybe....since it was against the Packers. But I still think it's just another few picks lower every round.
Loser mentality, not surprising considering the source. An organization of people playing for their jobs, their careers, their livelihoods. But you think they should lose for a slot or two in the draft. It's November 1 you clown.

Loser mentality, not surprising considering the source. An organization of people playing for their jobs, their careers, their livelihoods. But you think they should lose for a slot or two in the draft. It's November 1 you clown.

I never said that. But considering your posting history....I know that you are only a few steps from eating play-doh.

Point is that this team isn't good enough and they'll end up winning seven or eight and get a mid round pick. Again....I don't expect you to understand that. Too much to consider for someone that drools for a living.

PD - Keep your foul political animus contained to those boards, please. Not on the sports boards, just ruins it.

In pro sports, the worst possible place to be is in the middle.

best option is to win a championship, or at least to be in a position to contend for a championship.

if you can't be in position to win a championship, you are better off finishing near the bottom of the league in order to get the best draft choices possible and add more talent to your team.

the worst place to be is in the middle - either barely qualifying for the playoffs or barely missing the playoffs. in that position, you are not contending for a championship, and you are not getting the best draft choices. (see MN Wild for prime example)

wait and see. The Vikes will win just enough games to finish in the middle and wind up getting the 4th or 5th best QB available in the draft.

Watching eagles - cowboys. Awful teams. NFC east has to be the worst division in nfl history.

best option is to win a championship, or at least to be in a position to contend for a championship.

if you can't be in position to win a championship, you are better off finishing near the bottom of the league in order to get the best draft choices possible and add more talent to your team.

the worst place to be is in the middle - either barely qualifying for the playoffs or barely missing the playoffs. in that position, you are not contending for a championship, and you are not getting the best draft choices. (see MN Wild for prime example)

wait and see. The Vikes will win just enough games to finish in the middle and wind up getting the 4th or 5th best QB available in the draft.

The Timberwolves have demonstrated that being rock bottom isn't a harbinger for the future.

The Wild are continually in the middle and some want them to tank, but I argue against that. In the NHL just get to the playoffs and ride a hot goalie to the Cup.

For the Vikes, if they can get to the play-offs, crazy stuff can happen. Especially this year.

Yesterday has to be one of the most unlikely Vikings victory this century. Up there with the beating the Dolphins to keep them out of the playoffs in 2002 and the Eagles in 2010 after a blizzard with Joe Webb at QB.

Last edited:

I'll take the last playoff spot in the NFC, thank you very much.

Just worried about the corner depth now. Really hope Dantzler is OK and can return.

I'll take the last playoff spot in the NFC, thank you very much.

Just worried about the corner depth now. Really hope Dantzler is OK and can return.
They're going to have to sign some CB's off the street. They have 2 healthy CB's at the moment. I think Eli Apple is still available. On the plus side, they signed Anthony Harris under similar circumstances.

100% this. And because of a couple one point losses....that's probably exactly where we'll end. The defense simply isn't good enough to compete for a championship.

And I said it during the off season....can't let Waynes walk. We went into the season with little to no experience at CB.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-remain-shorthanded-at-cornerback-as-gameday-nears/572986192/

The Vikings continued to work without three of their cornerbacks Thursday as they moved closer to another game with a makeshift secondary.

Rookie Cameron Dantzler missed his second straight practice because of the neck injury and concussion he sustained in the first quarter of the Vikings’ game against the Packers on Sunday. Holton Hill missed his eighth straight practice because of a foot injury that has kept him out since Week 4. Hill’s last full practice was Oct. 2, two days before the most recent game he played in Houston on Oct. 4.

Mark Fields is expected to miss several games after sustaining a “pinhole puncture” in one of his lungs Sunday, and rookie Harrison Hand was limited for the second straight day because of a hamstring injury.

That leaves Jeff Gladney, Kris Boyd and recent pickup Chris Jones as the only cornerbacks who are on the Vikings’ active roster and not on their injury report.

The Vikings could add Marcus Sayles from the practice squad to the active roster before Sunday to avoid needing even more drastic solutions.

Wide receiver Adam Thielen said on KFAN this week he was preparing to play defensive back if necessary, and safety Anthony Harris stepped in at nickel corner toward the end of the Vikings’ 28-22 win in Green Bay, with rookie Josh Metellus replacing him at safety.

“I don’t think I’ve gotten any game reps at nickel [before Sunday],” Harris said. “Over the years, I’ve gotten a couple at practice and that’s about it. But anytime you’re in a game, you’re just trying to have fun. I pride myself on knowing my individual job and what the people around me are doing. So I was able to know the assignments and go in and play some nickel and try to help us finish the game.”

https://www.startribune.com/souhan-there-s-still-a-path-to-the-postseason-for-the-vikings/573004551/

There's still a path to the postseason for the Vikings
The results are not final. There is a path to victory, however narrow or challenged. The path winds through battleground states and traditional strongholds. Patience is advised, and there is no need to declare a winner until all of the results are in.

The Vikings have not yet been evicted from the playoffs. Not mathematically, and not practically, no matter how many sleepless nights they have caused.

Here is what needs to happen for the Vikings to overcome a 1-5 start to make the playoffs and turn Minnesota purple again:

Not out of the realm of possibility that they are 2 games into a 6-game winning streak right now. The schedule is not exactly daunting at this point.

Top Bottom