All Things 2016 Gophers Fall Camp Thread - Tweets, Video and More

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No Nick Rallis?

He was out there primarily with the 3rd team, but it was Waters getting 2nd team reps. Waters is probably the most physical specimen at LB on the team.

per Greder:

Freshman wide receiver Drew Hmielewski of Marshall, Minn., will take a medical redshirt this season to recover from a shoulder injury, Claeys said. … Running back Rodney Smith changed his number from 24 last year to No. 1 this season, while fellow tailback Shannon Brooks went from 27 to 23. … An all-native Minnesotan linebacking corps played together some Saturday. Thomas Barber of Robbinsdale Cooper played in between Carter Coughlin of Eden Prairie and Kamal Martin of Burnsville. … The Gophers will strap on full pads for the first time in fall camp in their fifth practice Tuesday, which is open to the public at 10 a.m. at the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/08/0...ition-stiff-tight-end-brandon-lingen-limited/

Go Gophers!!

a pulled groin happens when the athlete doesn't stretch enough to get blood flowing into that muscle that is being worked. Absolutely no excuse- none, zero, zilch for this to happen.

/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a pulled groin happens when the athlete doesn't stretch enough to get blood flowing into that muscle that is being worked. Absolutely no excuse- none, zero, zilch for this to happen.

Wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks to those posting with their recaps and links. There's no better place to come for this kind of info than here.

I was surprised too, but it appeared to be the case. Probably doesn't matter a lot with DT since we rotate so much.

Stelter looked noticeably bigger, big time. Phillip Howard is short, but mighty quick and explosive. Gary Moore looks the part too, although he needed trainers attention after only a few drills.

Go Gophers!!

Does anyone know why Hardin wasn't practicing yesterday? Buford looked like he was paired with Myrick as part of the 1st team D.

Just a quick note on Hank Epke....

Very classy, walked the length of the south sideline shaking hands with all the fans on the south sideline with a "good morning sir". Nice start to the practice for me.

Adekunle Ayinde stayed for 10 minutes after the rest of the team had disbursed for an additional drill. Coming off the field I congratulated him on his scholarship and he was kind enough to stop and chat for minute or two. Very nice young man.

Thank you to all posting in the is thread. Gopher Football is back and I live again! Hope eternal springs again.

Thank you...I figured it was something minor yesterday, but had not heard about it. I was initially worried that he was simply not "engaged"... glad I was wrong....

He is back and looking good

per Shama:

Bob Coughlin, father of promising Gophers freshman linebacker Carter Coughlin of Eden Prairie, told Sports Headliners on Saturday his son has no lingering problems from the mild concussion he suffered in a national prep all-star game last January.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Undisclosed foot injury I believe.

being reported on twitter. I don't like it after the Decker injury. Will update Saturday, probably meaning they need some time to evaluate. Fingers crossed.

Would suck to lose Brooks, but I believe we have four other capable backs with in the program that all bring different qualities to the offense

Would suck to lose Brooks, but I believe we have four other capable backs with in the program that all bring different qualities to the offense

He is the proven big play, home run threat. To lose him would be devastating.

So, do I have this straight, before the second day of fall camp ends our number 1, 2 and 3 left tackles have all sustained some type of injury ! If there is one postition group that needs to stay healthy for us to have a chance at a successful season it is the OL. My fingers are crossed.

He is the proven big play, home run threat. To lose him would be devastating.
Devastating? I wouldn't go that far. It would hurt, but they've got a nice stable of RB's and I believe they could find someone to step up.

So, do I have this straight, before the second day of fall camp ends our number 1, 2 and 3 left tackles have all sustained some type of injury ! If there is one postition group that needs to stay healthy for us to have a chance at a successful season it is the OL. My fingers are crossed.

Sounds like Wright was out as part of a plan to "be careful with him," rather than injury. I don't know if he needs more care than others or if they're more worried about his backups than the others'.

Sounds like Wright was out as part of a plan to "be careful with him," rather than injury. I don't know if he needs more care than others or if they're more worried about his backups than the others'.

The Gophers will limit practice time for offensive tackle Garrison Wright this season. The junior-college transfer from Butler Community College will have built-in rest days.

“Garrison is going to be on a regimen like this all year,” Claeys said. “He’ll have on days and off days, so he’s fine. He’ll be able to play. We’re just trying to manage a little bit of wear-and-tear on him.”

Also:

KICKING CHANGE

Once former Minnesota punter Peter Mortell moved on to his hometown Green Bay Packers, place-kicker Ryan Santoso stated his desire to switch positions and replace Mortell.

Santoso made 17 of 21 field goal attempts in 2015, including seven from more than 40 yards. His .810 field-goal percentage was second-highest in the Big Ten.

“He’s punting the hell out of the ball,” Claeys said. “We have to be able to change field position. We haven’t been very good at it; it’s just the truth.

“Our coverage hasn’t been very good at it, and a lot of that has to do with somebody who can get the ball in the air, not just the 40 yards, but get it in the air and he can definitely get it up in the air and give us time to get down the field and cover it.”

Emmit Carpenter appears to be Santoso’s kicking replacement. He was 4 for 4 on field goals in the spring game, with a long of 40 yards.

“We’ll be fine,” Claeys said. “And if it’s not, you guys can all write articles about what (an idiot) I am, and I messed that up. That’s just how it goes.”

Link

Top Bottom