All Things 2016 Gophers Fall Camp Thread - Tweets, Video and More

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gentry hurt already too? Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week or two of practice? Or week or two of games?

Anyone suggesting Brooks missing time isn't a big deal due to our "stable of backs" need not look any further than the anonymous reviews of the Gopher Football squad, "lacking big play threat". We would be loosing the one proven big play threat we have.

This is why you don't bet on the over/under until the very last minute. I'm already getting more negative on the season with these injuries.

I see Brooks has a foot injury already. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We and they(the coaches) already know what he can do. Number 1 sin of any coaching staff is getting a stud hurt in practice. Absolutely no excuse - none, zero

I see Brooks has a foot injury already. Stupid, stupid, stupid. We and they(the coaches) already know what he can do. Number 1 sin of any coaching staff is getting a stud hurt in practice. Absolutely no excuse - none, zero

C'mon dude. He's a sophomore who had a better than OK freshman season, he's not AP. He needs to practice. People get hurt, it happens all the time. He's not going to improve on his freshman season without practicing. Especially when we are installing a brand new offense. Do you want the gophers to succeed?

The coaches forgot to tell the players, "don't get hurt in practice!"

Geez, people - take a breath. Over three weeks until the 1st game. Guys are going to get banged up during the course of the season. Every injury is an opportunity for a back-up to show that he deserves more playing time. the more competition, the better. If the Gophs are so thin that 1 or 2 injuries can derail the season, then they need to bring in better players or do a better job coaching the backups.

What is the injury, and has it been confirmed?

I heard JG report it on the radio. He was at practice so I suspect there is something to it.

Who was the JC transfer that Brewster brought in that constant leg problems? He played only sparingly as a WR. It wasn't Haylo Carpenter.

Who was the JC transfer that Brewster brought in that constant leg problems? He played only sparingly as a WR. It wasn't Hayo Carpenter.

KSTP: Gophers First Practice in Pads 2016 Camp

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=eyJtIjoiYW52IiwidiI6IjM3NDA0NDYiLCJwbHVnaW5zIjp7ImFuYWx5dGljcyI6eyJwZGIiOjY4NTExNzIyfSwiZGZwIjp7ImNsaWVudFNpZGUiOnsiYWRUYWdVcmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcHViYWRzLmcuZG91YmxlY2xpY2submV0L2dhbXBhZC9hZHM%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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

http://kstp.com/sports/minnesota-gophers-full-pads-practice-tracy-claeys-brandon-lingen/4228791/

Go Gophers!!

Buford too? Nice day.

So anytime a player becomes pretty good, they should never practice? I'd like to see my team get better by practicing but that is just me.

Winston D. with the sweet move on Oselund at the :28 mark in the KTSP video.

LOL, you're the same guy saying there is no excuse for a groin injury. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not being serious. However, I can't tell if you are trying to be funny (i.e. sarcasm) or a troll (lack of posts leads one to consider this). But what are you trolling exactly?

So anytime a player becomes pretty good, they should never practice? I'd like to see my team get better by practicing but that is just me.

They should practice, but just not any drills involving their feet.

A John Gagliardi fan no doubt.

So impressed with Brandon Lingen. Gotta like that kid. Represents Minnesota perfectly. The kid gets it. I listen to him and say, he's a pro.

No I'm not a troll. I saw my first Gopher game in 1968 and haven't missed many since. But I did coach football for years and I can assure you that nothing causes a coach to lose sleep is to get a star hurt in practice. You always ask yourself why. What drill was he doing? Could we gain the same thing with a non-contact drill? Lots of questions, few answers. I guess Saturday we will get some answers.

No I'm not a troll. I saw my first Gopher game in 1968 and haven't missed many since. But I did coach football for years and I can assure you that nothing causes a coach to lose sleep is to get a star hurt in practice. You always ask yourself why. What drill was he doing? Could we gain the same thing with a non-contact drill? Lots of questions, few answers. I guess Saturday we will get some answers.

It was a foot injury. What kind of contact drill causes foot injuries? Might have been stepped on, could have dropped something on it, could have tweaked something making a cut.

FWIW, I'm hearing not serious.

But you said there was zero excuse for this. Which is ridiculous. He could have been running half speed in a drill and stepped on someone's foot for all we know. To completely prevent things like this from happening, Brooks would never be able to practice again.

Who was the JC transfer that Brewster brought in that constant leg problems? He played only sparingly as a WR. It wasn't Hayo Carpenter.

Could have been. Mason brought in Paris Hamilton. Paris had hamstring problems. When health, he did make a few plays. Had potential. His active time was just too short.

Could have been. Mason brought in Paris Hamilton. Paris had hamstring problems. When health, he did make a few plays. Had potential. His active time was just too short.

Was it David Pittman?

Top Bottom