All Things 2016 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

His shooting splits at the JUCO level are 37%/31%/63%. He would also take up a scholarship for 2017. Count me as a big No Thanks for this guy.

Those are not good numbers for a team that needs better shooting...

No those are numbers that lead to a team still needing better shooting...

Fellow 2016 Gophers recruit Eric Curry talks weekly with Coffey during the season about what they want to accomplish in college. They grew close since meeting at a Nike camp in St. Louis as sophomores.

Curry, a 6-foot-9 forward from Southwest Christian in Arkansas, recently flew to Minnesota to spend time with Coffey during spring break. They played pickup games at Hopkins, getting a glimpse of what type of impact they could have together.

“We talk every other day about next year and what’s to come,” Coffey said. “So it’s pretty cool coming in with a top-20 recruiting class. Every time I talk with (Curry and Hurt) we’re excited about moving in, practicing. We’re going to do everything we can to help. We’re going to listen to Coach, work hard and get better. When the season comes, we’re just going to play our roles.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/3...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1459515415

Go Gophers!!

Good chance to see Amir Coffey and Michael Hurt play together tonight and tomorrow in the MBCA all-star game. Tonight's games will be at SCSU at 7 and 8:45. Tomorrows games will be at Macalaster at 2 and 3:45 with a dunk contests and 3-point contest. A good opportunity to see some of the best talent in the state. Amir Coffey, Michael Hurt, Brock Bertram, Cam Kirksey, Tyler Johnson, Jamil Jackson, Ade Murkey, Steffon Mitchell, Carter Brooks, and many more. Lots of familiar names

Fellow 2016 Gophers recruit Eric Curry talks weekly with Coffey during the season about what they want to accomplish in college. They grew close since meeting at a Nike camp in St. Louis as sophomores.

Curry, a 6-foot-9 forward from Southwest Christian in Arkansas, recently flew to Minnesota to spend time with Coffey during spring break. They played pickup games at Hopkins, getting a glimpse of what type of impact they could have together.

“We talk every other day about next year and what’s to come,” Coffey said. “So it’s pretty cool coming in with a top-20 recruiting class. Every time I talk with (Curry and Hurt) we’re excited about moving in, practicing. We’re going to do everything we can to help. We’re going to listen to Coach, work hard and get better. When the season comes, we’re just going to play our roles.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/3...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1459515415

Go Gophers!!

This is the attitude I love and have been waiting for in more young Minnesota kids:

(per his sister)
But he’s coming here for a reason. He wants to change the program around. So if he’s working hard and persistent with it, believes in himself and his team, I’m pretty sure Amir is capable of helping to turn the program around.”

I'm assuming every recruit that comes here when the program is down says that.

Also good to hear Curry was playing pick-up games after his season getting shelved with the hip injury. Looks like he won't miss any summer workouts.

Yeah, but he's a local kid who had tons of other options and recently we have seen guys with those options move to where the grass was greener,

Bet people love to party with you. Excited about seeing what Curry can do. He might really surprise people and be in the rotation right away.

Some say different things like "it's a great opportunity to play close to home" or "I really like the coaches and the system they run". I think your assumption is wrong.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Cant shoot

Doesn't take over games

Passive

Prove'm wrong young gun.

Disclaimer, I don't know if anyone actually said that.....

Go Gophers!!

Looks like a lot of defense in this one! Nice to see Amir drop them in from the outside.

Cant shoot

Doesn't take over games

Passive

Prove'm wrong young gun.

Disclaimer, I don't know if anyone actually said that.....

I mean he was like a top-25 recruit before his injury and still is a top-50 guy. He must be able to do something right :)

Gophers have a 2016 big man visiting this weekend:

Go Gophers!!

Hmm, 6'11" 270lbs. Has quit a few offers. Does this mean we have another decommitment coming? Buggs/Gaston?

Dorsey transferred and we've not filled that scholarship yet.
True, but the roster already a little in balanced with the lack of guards, can't see Pitino replacing a PG with a Center, especially if Theo John and nate Reuvers are priorities in 2017

gaston is gone if this big wants to come. better than Konate right now!! not going to upset anyone if were making room for better players. why would gas want to stay if he's not going to ever see the court. coaches can find a place for him to play where he will get his education paid for. playing time is what kids want. he can get it at another university. sit for a year and play for 2. or go DII and play next year.

lets play the what if game. what if mr lynch has a great year next year. blows up. leads the league in rebounding. double double machine. may never be a big scorer, but a legit big who can defend, block shots and rebound and at the end of the year decides to go pro. stay with me now because this is the what if game!! if that happened, who is our center for the following year? would we be back to watching Kanote playing the 5? man I hope not because in 2 years this club has some talent and I would hate to take a step back to kanote and gas. bring em on.

lets play the what if game. what if mr lynch has a great year next year. blows up. leads the league in rebounding. double double machine. may never be a big scorer, but a legit big who can defend, block shots and rebound and at the end of the year decides to go pro. stay with me now because this is the what if game!! if that happened, who is our center for the following year? would we be back to watching Kanote playing the 5? man I hope not because in 2 years this club has some talent and I would hate to take a step back to kanote and gas. bring em on.

Theo John.

per Marcus:

Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino is clearly not done with recruiting for the 2016 class, as he’s expected to have 6-foot-11, 270-pound center Jordy Tshimanga in for an official visit Friday through this weekend.

Tshimanga, a senior at the MacDuffie School in Massachusetts, is originally from Montreal and has become a hot recruit since losing more than 40 pounds. He has scholarship offers from several high-major programs, including Arizona, Providence, Baylor, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech and Nebraska.

“He’s a good player and only getting better,” Scout.com recruiting expert Evan Daniels said. “Had a very strong senior season. Strong kid with long arms. Rebounds his area well and contests shots.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/07/gophers-6-foot-11-jordy-tshimangacenter-visiting-friday/

Go Gophers!!

It's all of a sudden become a big recruiting weekend for the gophers! Let's go Pitino

Top Bottom