All Things 2016 Coaching Firing/Hiring Thread

I forgot about Baylor. Se we have Oregon, Baylor, and Purdue. Gotta think Fleck is going to Oregon or Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip Kelly makes a triumphant return.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very well could be, still think it's unlikely. Maybe Baylor if Kelly returns? Why would he want to go back to a place he left?

Wonder who Brian Kelly's rep has been in contact with? Looks like Wyoming laid an egg last night. Could it be the other Kelly to Oregon, Brian? Or BK to Baylor?

Baylor has 1 committed player for 2017 and will have less than 50 on scholarship with seniors departing. No coach is going there without a 7 year or more deal. School is a mess.

And kill and his boys head to ND. It's for the kids.

You outed yourself a little bit in the other thread, but fully did so here. Welcome back, Leidner hater. How pathetic is your existence that you get banned and come back under a different name? Nothing better to do than spew your vitriol here? How did your prediction of Leidner going down with a phantom injury by the Iowa game work out for you? Real proud of that one, I bet. How does it feel to know that Leidner will end his career as one of the winningest Gopher QBs of all time?

And Houston, I forget about Houston. That is a great stepping stone to big time jobs. Maybe Fleck goes to Houston? Very interesting times. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Baylor has 1 committed player for 2017 and will have less than 50 on scholarship with seniors departing. No coach is going there without a 7 year or more deal. School is a mess.

Good! Glad to hear that. I bet they still land a good coach though, unfortunately.

And Houston, I forget about Houston. That is a great stepping stone to big time jobs. Maybe Fleck goes to Houston? Very interesting times. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I could see that. I also wonder if they will just promote Major Applewhite if he doesn't end up going to Texas with Herman.

A great stepping stone for Herman doesn't mean it will continue in that capacity

Ah, how about Kevin Sumlin, Art Briles, and Tom Herman? I'd call it a pretty good stepping stone.

Two guys who had success (although one a complete ****** of a human) I'll give you. How're Tony Levine and the 3 unrecognizable names before Briles doing?

Dave Aranda has signed a new 3-year contract at LSU, will stay on as defensive coordinator and associate head coach (per Football Scoop).

Helfrich fired after a slide into mediocrity.

"A source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that the Ducks' next coach needs to be "someone who would reinvigorate ticket sales."

Expected candidates include Mississippi State's Dan Mullen, North Carolina's Larry Fedora, South Florida's Willie Taggart, Boise State's Bryan Harsin, West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Western Michigan's P.J. Fleck, Central Florida's Scott Frost (a former Oregon offensive coordinator) and Florida's Jim McElwain, sources told McMurphy."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18168683/mark-helfrich-oregon-ducks-coach

Helfrich fired after a slide into mediocrity.

"A source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that the Ducks' next coach needs to be "someone who would reinvigorate ticket sales."

Expected candidates include Mississippi State's Dan Mullen, North Carolina's Larry Fedora, South Florida's Willie Taggart, Boise State's Bryan Harsin, West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen, Western Michigan's P.J. Fleck, Central Florida's Scott Frost (a former Oregon offensive coordinator) and Florida's Jim McElwain, sources told McMurphy."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18168683/mark-helfrich-oregon-ducks-coach
Can't believe Claeys is not on the short list.

CBS: San Jose State fires Ron Caragher after four sub-.500 seasons

San Jose State has fired coach Ron Caragher after four seasons as coach of the Spartans.

"I want to thank Coach Caragher for his hard work and commitment to San Jose State football these past four years," athletic director Gene Bleymaier said in a release. "A search for a new head coach will begin immediately."

The Spartans were 4-8 in 2016 and went 19-30 in Caragher's four seasons, never finishing a season with a winning record. San Jose State did win one bowl game under Caragher, the 2015 Cure Bowl, when the Spartans made it as a 5-7 team.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ires-ron-caragher-after-four-sub-500-seasons/

Go Gophers!!

Two guys who had success (although one a complete ****** of a human) I'll give you. How're Tony Levine and the 3 unrecognizable names before Briles doing?

Levine was a interim hire and took the program backwards. Because of Sumlin and Briles Houston is a different place in 2016 because of Sumlin and Briles.

Wow Indiana fires Wilson:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sources: Lane Kiffin, Les Miles candidates for Houston opening

Former LSU coach Les Miles has been contacted about Houston's head coach vacancy and Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has also emerged as a candidate, sources told ESPN.

"Les Miles has always recruited Texas (while head coach at LSU and Oklahoma State) and has friends in Houston," a source said. "It could be what Miles is looking for."

Kiffin is also the top choice to join LSU coach Ed Orgeron as the Tigers' offensive coordinator, the Baton Rouge Advocate reported. When asked specifically about Kiffin last week, Orgeron said: "All I'll say is I'll try to get the best coordinator in football."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...andidates-houston-cougars-head-coach-position

Go Gophers!!

Wow Indiana fires Wilson

Led Indiana to back to back bowl games for the first time since 1990-91. 'Indiana doesn't fire someone who led them to back to back bowl games for the first time in 25 years'.

Until they do because they want more than mediocrity.

Wow Indiana fires Wilson:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Unless Indiana suddenly got unreasonably ambitions... that doesn't make a lot of sense.

I wonder if a scandal is brewing.

Led Indiana to back to back bowl games for the first time since 1990-91. 'Indiana doesn't fire someone who led them to back to back bowl games for the first time in 25 years'.

Possibly someone dug up an old internet post where Wilson had accepted mediocrity at some point.

At that point what choice does a school have?

If only Claeys had been beating players, amirite?

If only Claeys had been beating players, amirite?

That's the type of not accepting mediocrity I'm looking for.

Obviously I spoke too soon if true. You'd think coaches would figure out they can't force players through injuries anymore.

Top Bottom