All Things 2013 Bracketology Thread

That was all ball.

That WAS all ball.

Regardless of what it meant to the Gophs, I was pulling for the Hawks to overcome the officials and spice up the semi's with a darkhorse. Rest assured, they were not going to knock our team out of the Tourney.

I would be pissed if I was an Iowa fan and losing this way in such a vital game. And yes, I am thankful that I am not an Iowa or Wisconsin fan. They will be a very good team next year with their top 6 scorers returning, plus olgelsby maturing and uthoff eligible. Very deep.

I would be pissed if I was an Iowa fan and losing this way in such a vital game. And yes, I am thankful that I am not an Iowa or Wisconsin fan. They will be a very good team next year with their top 6 scorers returning, plus olgelsby maturing and uthoff eligible. Very deep.

Agreed about them being good. I think they are easily a top 25 team next year.

Agreed about them being good. I think they are easily a top 25 team next year.

Next year can we trade Oto for Aaron White? White is what we need as that 6'8" kid who can shoot, score, rebound, pass, etc.

Maybe that will be Buggs next year?

Next year can we trade Oto for Aaron White? White is what we need as that 6'8" kid who can shoot, score, rebound, pass, etc.

I think we'd have to give up a few first rounders before Iowa would agree to a White - Oto trade.

Jerry Palm's latest bracket (updated at 1 am 3/16) has the Gophers as a 10 seed playing UCLA in Kansas City. The winner gets Kansas in round 2.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

How would you feel about this? I know the chance to play two "blue bloods" would be appealing to a lot of fans and for those who want to travel, Kansas City seems like the easiest place to get to this year. On the other hand, Kansas in Kansas City? I would have to think that is the toughest second round match up possible with only Louisville in Lexington coming close to matching it.

Jerry Palm's latest bracket (updated at 1 am 3/16) has the Gophers as a 10 seed playing UCLA in Kansas City. The winner gets Kansas in round 2.

How would you feel about this? I know the chance to play two "blue bloods" would be appealing to a lot of fans and for those who want to travel, Kansas City seems like the easiest place to get to this year. On the other hand, Kansas in Kansas City? I would have to think that is the toughest second round match up possible with only Louisville in Lexington coming close to matching it.

I much preferred the other hypothetical from him, a matchup with Creighton and an 11. I think we'd almost certainly rather play a mid major than a team like us, who is a big conf team with a possibly disappointing year or something like that.

Really upsetting that we squandered our chance to have a pretty easy path to the Sweet 16, and now we are looking at going through a few good teams to get there.

Would love to be slotted in KC. Friday/Sunday games...great road trip!!

Go Gophers!!

Question - I have seen a lot of people talking about Buggs next year. If he is so good, why was he redshirted? Aside from Trevor, its not like MN had a lot of great bigs.

Question - I have seen a lot of people talking about Buggs next year. If he is so good, why was he redshirted? Aside from Trevor, its not like MN had a lot of great bigs.

I think people assumed that we were fine in the frontcourt and that he may not be able to play all that much. Also, wasn't he injured (a hand or something)?

Also, people don't know that he's going to come in and light the world on fire. He's like any other newcomer in that we don't know, but we hope. He was impressive in the tip-off, etc, though, and looks to possess a good deal of upside. I'm excited to see him in some real games next year.

I think people assumed that we were fine in the frontcourt and that he may not be able to play all that much. Also, wasn't he injured (a hand or something)?

Also, people don't know that he's going to come in and light the world on fire. He's like any other newcomer in that we don't know, but we hope. He was impressive in the tip-off, etc, though, and looks to possess a good deal of upside. I'm excited to see him in some real games next year.

Wally hurt his hand, Buggs was never hurt.

I think he was mostly redshirted because we were expected to have a deep team (Tubby has even said he expected the bench to be deeper than it has been) AND he needed to put on a lot of weight. He came in extremely thin and would have a hard time playing the 4 (which is where I think he'll end up). A third reason is that I think the staff is extremely high on him so they wanted to develop him while keeping intact his full 4 years of eligibility.

Wally hurt his hand, Buggs was never hurt.

I think he was mostly redshirted because we were expected to have a deep team (Tubby has even said he expected the bench to be deeper than it has been) AND he needed to put on a lot of weight. He came in extremely thin and would have a hard time playing the 4 (which is where I think he'll end up). A third reason is that I think the staff is extremely high on him so they wanted to develop him while keeping intact his full 4 years of eligibility.
I think this is mostly right and I think the big thing for him was putting on muscle to be able to play inside in the B1G.

Oh...that's one of the worst predicted match ups yet. Don't want that.
I would agree with you, North Carolina doesn't rebound real well but they shoot the ball very well. I think they could win ACC tourney and I would think they would end up higher than a #7 seed if that happens.

Jerry Palm updates again and also has us in Philly as a 10 seed, but against Creighton with the winner likely facing Georgetown. However, what REALLY caught my eye was the unbelievable break Wisconsin gets in his projected bracket. Wiscky is a 5 seed (up from a 7) and plays in a bracket with Gonzaga as the one seed and New Mexico as the two!

Top Bottom