All-Big Ten

Mafe 2nd Media and 3rd Coaches.

Being good does not equal being top 6 corner in the conference

Doesn’t help either when the media gives 7 of 12 spots to two teams. Maybe the 4 Michigan d backs were helped by a great line rush

Defense was good nearly every game and one player named All-Big. Durr not even honorable mention. Gibbens only honorable mention by media.
Really a testament to the great team defense our guys played that they were able to do it without a lot of individual stars. Really surprised Durr didn't at least get honorable mention. Teams just didn't throw the ball his way often.

Which do you put more stake in? I put more stake in coaches.

For something like this I would definitely lean more towards coaches over media. But the teams are typically pretty similar I think. Usually fairly easy to pick out the top guys at each position over the course of a season.

For something like this I would definitely lean more towards coaches over media. But the teams are typically pretty similar I think. Usually fairly easy to pick out the top guys at each position over the course of a season.
My guess is not playing 4 teams impacts the coaches more than the media. The media is more inclined, I suspect, to study the league as a whole.

I lean towards the media for 3rd team and Honorable mention.
I lean towards cosches for first and second team

If there is a difference between the two that is

Many offenses in Big Ten were bad, so hard to tell. Gophers were 11th Nationally in points and 4th in yards given up. Unfortunately other Big Ten defenses were as good to better. We also didn’t produce a ton of turnovers. Losses to BG and Illinois hurt perception as well.

Many offenses in Big Ten were bad, so hard to tell. Gophers were 11th Nationally in points and 4th in yards given up. Unfortunately other Big Ten defenses were as good to better. We also didn’t produce a ton of turnovers. Losses to BG and Illinois hurt perception as well.
And

you can be a really good player but not top 3 in your position in the conference

With such a good defense, it's somewhat surprising to only have Mafe make the list. However, it's probably hard to argue without more gaudy stats by individual players. Gibbens was very good, but he took a few games to get acclimated which hurts his cause. Plus, the competition at the LB position is stiff. Our DL rotation keeps individual stats down, which is also hurting individual awards.

Could easily see a guy like Walley make at least 2nd team next year with a full season starting.

Is this the Network's own choices or are these the official coaches' and media B10 teams to be announced today and tomorrow?

Hold up ... there's players on the wrong team here ...

Xavier Henderson - Michigan

He goes to Michigan State

There are several honorable mentions that say Michigan ... and those guys play for Michigan State too ...

Hold up ... there's players on the wrong team here ...

He goes to Michigan State

There are several honorable mentions that say Michigan ... and those guys play for Michigan State too ...

Michigan State had one of the worst defenses in the nation. I can see how the media person creating the graphic got it wrong!

Gophers #2 in Big Ten and #4 nationally in total defense. Here's how the schools were represented in the 3 deep. 🤷‍♂️

Michigan - 7
Ohio St - 4
Iowa - 4
Wisconsin - 3
Penn St - 3
Michigan St - 2
Northwestern - 2
Nebraska - 2
Purdue - 1
Rutgers - 1
Illinois - 1
Indiana - 1
Minnesota - 1

Gophers #2 in Big Ten and #4 nationally in total defense. Here's how the schools were represented in the 3 deep. 🤷‍♂️

Michigan - 7
Ohio St - 4
Wisconsin - 3
Iowa - 4
Penn St - 3
Michigan St - 2
Northwestern - 2
Nebraska - 2
Purdue - 1
Rutgers - 1
Illinois - 1
Indiana - 1
Minnesota - 1

Ya. That was my thought too. It feels off.

Top Bottom