Akeem Springs' brother goes on another Twitter rant

GopherLady

Reaction score
Pitino should maybe have the Twitter ban for him...

Akeems brother 2.JPGAkeems brother 1.JPG

You have to feel compassion for Akeem, having to live with his brother for any length of time. He's got to be claiming that he's a brother from another mother.

You have to feel compassion for Akeem, having to live with his brother for any length of time. He's got to be claiming that he's a brother from another mother.

This was the 2nd funniest thing I've read all night (of course, next to the tweets), lol!!!!

He's really going off on rational people now...Akeems brother 4.JPG

I don't think Akeem shares his thoughts at all, BUT if he does in any sense of the word I would hope Pitino would remove him from the team. Lots of young guys with talent and the last thing we need is some guy that is just a "me" first type player

One game into the year and we have the season's first full-blown controversy.

It doesn't seem like Pitino has what it takes - the ability to reign in unstable Twitter hacks. I expected more from our leader.

Watched the game, I liked McBrayer. I don't see Springs replacing him as a starter, so good luck.

Akeem reminds me of Malik Smith a little bit. I'm sure he'll win or lose us a game this year with his volume shooting.

I have no problem with McBrayer starting over him. He is part of the future of this team, Springs is much needed depth at guard. He also still got 23 minutes, to McBrayer's 29. I imagine that will be pretty common.

His brother is a dbag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem like Pitino has what it takes - the ability to reign in unstable Twitter hacks. I expected more from our leader.

Agreed. I don't want a coach who can't telekinetically delete twitter accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springs should be embarrassed by this and tell his brother to shut it down. Pretty sad to see. This team will really need springs who will be an absolute vital part of this season - but this is not helping the team and is actually hurting springs

He played 23 minutes. Does it matter if he starts or not? Would his brother be happy if he started but only played 18 minutes?

He played 23 minutes. Does it matter if he starts or not? Would his brother be happy if he started but only played 18 minutes?

The guy is an irrational dumbass that says F*CK the Gophers 3 minutes into the season. lol

Springs should be embarrassed by this and tell his brother to shut it down. Pretty sad to see. This team will really need springs who will be an absolute vital part of this season - but this is not helping the team and is actually hurting springs

When he is on in a packed house it is gonna explode, fun basketball when a guy hits a few like he did, happy to see it, they need what he can bring badly.

Who is he going to start over… Dupree? Dupree arguably was our best player last night… LOL

As long as Akeem doesn't feel like his brother does, nothing to worry about. But if he does, could be a potential issue down the road. Going to keep an eye on Akeem's body language. Didn't see any problems last night.

The brother might be missing a couple light bulbs.

3 for 8 from 3pt range with one banking in by mistake on a double clutch. One air ball and a couple ill advised shots. Seems like another Malik to me. Rather have Hurt taking those shots.

As long as Akeem doesn't feel like his brother does, nothing to worry about. But if he does, could be a potential issue down the road. Going to keep an eye on Akeem's body language. Didn't see any problems last night.

The brother might be missing a couple light bulbs.
I agree. I think we need his size/bulk - good addition for this team.
The brother isn't at the game and Springs has already said his brother is not speaking for him and is the family Kanye West. Non-issue at this point

From a rayno startribune article in April
Dwayne also said he and his son were told Akeem would have the chance to compete for a starting spot, a major factor in his commitment.

“He wouldn’t go anywhere just to be a role player, to be a complimentary guy,” Dwayne said. “But to come in and be a big part of it –definitely a team-oriented thing, but for him to be a big part of the team.”

The article also said a big reason for choosing Minnesota was being able to compete against big ten teams that didn't recruit Akeem.

Here's hoping Akeem becomes a big part of a lot of Minnesota big ten wins

From a rayno startribune article in April
Dwayne also said he and his son were told Akeem would have the chance to compete for a starting spot, a major factor in his commitment.

“He wouldn’t go anywhere just to be a role player, to be a complimentary guy,” Dwayne said. “But to come in and be a big part of it –definitely a team-oriented thing, but for him to be a big part of the team.”

The article also said a big reason for choosing Minnesota was being able to compete against big ten teams that didn't recruit Akeem.

Here's hoping Akeem becomes a big part of a lot of Minnesota big ten wins

23 minutes in the ULL game sure seems like a big part of the team and is part of competing for a starting spot on the team. He'll have an opportunity to start but it won't be just handed to him.

Seems to have shifted his gear. Supporting the whole team now in addition to his brother! Good looks on his part.

Seems to have shifted his gear. Supporting the whole team now in addition to his brother! Good looks on his part.

Have a hunch it's more of a "calm before (another) storm kind of thing." He'll only be able to keep quiet for so long. He can't be happy that his brother -- a solid addition to the Gophers, by the way -- is the 4th best guard/wing on the roster, and the 4th most impactful Gophers newcomer (Coffey, Curry, Lynch). That Springs is 4th on that list shows how many more options Pitino has this season.

He's a college kid rooting for his brother and from my brief twitter search he's at J-State in MS. You guys are really analyzing the tweets of a college kid 16 hours away? Who cares? I absolutely guarantee that every school has kids on the bench or not in the starring role who have friends and family saying these things to them every day and probably plenty that are doing it on twitter and facebook. Shoot I've experienced it coaching youth football when a dad pulled a kid from the team because he wanted him to play running back. This is a non issue

He's a college kid rooting for his brother and from my brief twitter search he's at J-State in MS. You guys are really analyzing the tweets of a college kid 16 hours away? Who cares? I absolutely guarantee that every school has kids on the bench or not in the starring role who have friends and family saying these things to them every day and probably plenty that are doing it on twitter and facebook. Shoot I've experienced it coaching youth football when a dad pulled a kid from the team because he wanted him to play running back. This is a non issue

I think it was because he was saying he would be leaving. Even Springs himself tweeted out saying his stay in Minnesota may not be very long.

He'll be a big part of this team and we really need him.

I think it was because he was saying he would be leaving. Even Springs himself tweeted out saying his stay in Minnesota may not be very long.

He'll be a big part of this team and we really need him.

Not very long can mean 6 months - that's when spring semester ends.

Top Bottom