AK

He is another year older and working with an OC he knows and who knows him. The strength of their offense is their RB and they haven't had to ask AK to do much so far this year.

Just tuned in for the last part of the half but looks like Ciarrocca hasn’t been able to beat the wierd flinching throwing motion out of him, under the least bit of pressure.

Is the story of this game the Rutgers D or a horrible WA team?

Good for him. Hope he kicks ass and takes names. Harblaugh leading that list.

He’s had several throws in this game that would have been a once-per-game type pass from him last year. He is doing exactly what they want him to do for them.

Just tuned in for the last part of the half but looks like Ciarrocca hasn’t been able to beat the wierd flinching throwing motion out of him, under the least bit of pressure.

Is the story of this game the Rutgers D or a horrible WA team?
Is Jedd Fisch doing exactly what you’d expect. Add in some poor discipline from Washington and schiano does exactly what fleck prays for in that you beat yourself

Night and day difference. It’s 100% coaching. Fleck is terrible without Ciarrocca. Ciarrocca is a hell of an OC.
The erratic throws and lack of setting his feet is the exact same. The difference is ciarrocca knows how to give him 1-2 schemed reads that are 1v1 and his guys are winning. The mid crosses have been close but not perfect (Monongai made an outstanding catch, as was the TD). AK can absolutely get to his primary read and put it around him, especially on moderate difficulty routes. Ciarroca has absolutely augmented him, but he doesn’t look like a “better” player, just utilized correctly

Jedd Fisch and PJ both crack me up and are good examples that it’s sometimes better to be lucky than good.

I threw him bouquets in the first half. Second half Kaliakmanis looks like 2023 Kaliakmanis so far. Once he throws a 300 mph toss to the flat, I will fully declare this is the same ole Kaliakmanis.

He did look great in the first half.

The erratic throws and lack of setting his feet is the exact same. The difference is ciarrocca knows how to give him 1-2 schemed reads that are 1v1 and his guys are winning. The mid crosses have been close but not perfect (Monongai made an outstanding catch, as was the TD). AK can absolutely get to his primary read and put it around him, especially on moderate difficulty routes. Ciarroca has absolutely augmented him, but he doesn’t look like a “better” player, just utilized correctly
I agree Ciarrocca knows how to teach offense, game plan and play call. Schiano shit the bed not going for that 4th and 1.

100%

He looks exactly the same to me. Not very good.

Rutgers Defense and running game are carrying them. AK is playing competent football but he definitely isn't the reason they are winning games, he just ins't losing them for them either. He is playing the role of game manager quite well to this point.

It is very evident they are protecting AK from himself and they don’t need to throw with their RB

College football would be way better if they shaved down the play clock quite a bit. Watching PJ and Schiano having their teams just stand around waiting to snap the ball is like watching paint dry. I get it here at the end of the game, but that being their standard from the get-go just kind of makes it for a shitty game to watch.

Top Bottom