Adam Weber

The point being like tripplett, drafting weber would be a waste of an NFL draft pick.

Great news. I hope Adam turns some heads and makes a home in the NFL. Good luck to him in the combines.

If anyone wants to make a bet let me know.

Here is the bet: if Adam weber makes a regular season NFL roster, I will leave the board forever. If he doesn't, you will leave the board forever.

The point being like tripplett, drafting weber would be a waste of an NFL draft pick.

Great point. I can't believe the New England Patriots wasted a sixth round pick in 2000 on a QB who could only get honorable mention All-Big 10 when surrounded by All-Americans. Then the idiot Patriots wasted a seventh round pick on a QB in 2005 who threw 33 passes in his four year career at USC. Luckily, the Patriots found a sucker to take him off their hands...the Kansas City Chiefs.

Great point. I can't believe the New England Patriots wasted a sixth round pick in 2000 on a QB who could only get honorable mention All-Big 10 when surrounded by All-Americans. Then the idiot Patriots wasted a seventh round pick on a QB in 2005 who threw 33 passes in his four year career at USC. Luckily, the Patriots found a sucker to take him off their hands...the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yup I'm sure Adam weber is the next matt cassell or Tom Brady. Take my offer for a bet. I know weber has no future in the NFL. It is likely that you also know this.

You know what's funny; You hear the NFL talking heads frequently mention how difficult it is for some NFL QB's when they have had to work with multiple offensive coordinators. And yet, for some reason, the Weber bashers think it's just some kind of "poor excuse" that he worked with 4 offensive coordinators in 5 years with the Gophers. For the most part, four completely different offensive philosophies.

Sooooooo, it should be easier for a college QB to handle multiple OC changes than a guy being paid millions? Okey dokey!!!

Miles Davis

See I can write random names that have nothing to do with the topic too

Todd Bouman had a place in the NFL. I think believing Weber can do better than that borders on naive optimism.

Coleman Hawkins

Here is the bet: if Adam weber makes a regular season NFL roster, I will leave the board forever. If he doesn't, you will leave the board forever.

I will make that bet with ya, contingent upon whether or not the NFL does indeed go to an 18 game season (and it's almost certain that they will), because in an 18 game regular season we are going to see quarterbacks dropping like flies, especially as the season grinds on and players get worn out and beat up and are often playing in less than ideal weather conditions. The injuries will rack up at every position, but QB's are going to be particularly bumming, and in that scenario I could certainly see Weber on an active NFL roster.

I have no idea if Adam Weber will be on an NFL roster. I am not an NFL scout, or nearly the expert on NFL quarterbacking talent as you are, Rose. But I do have a question for YOU:

Would you like to see Adam Weber make an NFL roster and do well in the NFL?

It seems like a valid question, for some reason.

Todd Bouman had a place in the NFL. I think believing Weber can do better than that borders on naive optimism.

Coleman Hawkins

Who throws a more accurate deep ball?
Who works harder in the offseason?
Who works harder in the film room?
Who had a better winning percentage as a college qb?
Who has more of an "it" factor?

The fact you can answer none of these questions speaks to the fact that you are just throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks. Now, I can't answer these questions either, but I'm not the one who is claiming he is as good as Todd boumann. I am not claiming he is worse either, I'm simply stating the likely fact that weber won't make an NFL roster.

Todd boeckmann

You know what's funny; You hear the NFL talking heads frequently mention how difficult it is for some NFL QB's when they have had to work with multiple offensive coordinators. And yet, for some reason, the Weber bashers think it's just some kind of "poor excuse" that he worked with 4 offensive coordinators in 5 years with the Gophers. For the most part, four completely different offensive philosophies.

Sooooooo, it should be easier for a college QB to handle multiple OC changes than a guy being paid millions? Okey dokey!!!

I'm with you. Weber got royally screwed over in my opinion, and to think that didn't hurt his development and progression as a player and as a QB is either naivete in the extreme or just flat-out denial in my opinion.

Yup I'm sure Adam weber is the next matt cassell or Tom Brady. Take my offer for a bet. I know weber has no future in the NFL. It is likely that you also know this.

I can't understand why some people pretend to know more about how to evaluate NFL prospects than the scouts for the NFL teams whose sole purpose is to figure out what players could survive in the NFL.

I have no idea if Adam Weber will be on an NFL roster. I am not an NFL scout, or nearly the expert on NFL quarterbacking talent as you are, Rose. But I do have a question for YOU:

Would you like to see Adam Weber make an NFL roster and do well in the NFL?

It seems like a valid question, for some reason.

It would be awesome to see. Would be fun to watch. Would be great for Adam and the program.

I can't understand why some people pretend to know more about how to evaluate NFL prospects than the scouts for the NFL teams whose sole purpose is to figure out what players could survive in the NFL.

Just because a guy is an NFL scout it doesn't mean he is a better evaluator or talent than someone who is not. There are probably thousands of high school and college coaches around the country that would be better evaluators of talent than some NFL scouts.

I'll take that as a "yes". You want to see Adam Weber make an NFL roster.

So the next question is... If you WANT to see Adam Weber in an NFL uniform and you will leave the board if he makes an NFL roster, does that mean you WANT to leave the board?

Why wait when you can do it now with no conditions?

The fact you can answer none of these questions speaks to the fact that you are just throwing stuff against the wall and hoping it sticks. Now, I can't answer these questions either, but I'm not the one who is claiming he is as good as Todd boumann. I am not claiming he is worse either, I'm simply stating the likely fact that weber won't make an NFL roster.

Todd boeckmann

I agree with you on Weber probably not making an NFL roster next year. NFL longevity has a certain "luck" factor to it. Bauman pulled the wild card on that one.

It would be great to seen Weber on an NFL team, for the program and him, but it is a much more complicated process than just going to combines and workouts. I wish him the best of luck, but also remain firmly encamped in the jaded category.

Bix Beiderbeck

I'll take that as a "yes". You want to see Adam Weber make an NFL roster.

So the next question is... If you WANT to see Adam Weber in an NFL uniform and you will leave the board if he makes an NFL roster, does that mean you WANT to leave the board?

Why wait when you can do it now with no conditions?

There is no logic behind your argument that I want to leave the board. My goal is to get a bunch of people to take my bet, and have those people removed from the board.

What I would like to happen and what will happen are two very different things. I could make a bet saying that if the gophers win the big ten title next year I'll leave the board and if they don't the person I am betting against has to leave, that would not mean I don't want the gophers to win the big ten title.

There is no logic behind your argument that I want to leave the board. My goal is to get a bunch of people to take my bet, and have those people removed from the board.

What I would like to happen and what will happen are two very different things. I could make a bet saying that if the gophers win the big ten title next year I'll leave the board and if they don't the person I am betting against has to leave, that would not mean I don't want the gophers to win the big ten title.

Heads: I win.
Tails: You lose.

I am a lifelong gopher fan, but i can admit that Betting agains the gophers would often be a very profitable thing to do

I agree with you on Weber probably not making an NFL roster next year. NFL longevity has a certain "luck" factor to it. Bauman pulled the wild card on that one.

It would be great to seen Weber on an NFL team, for the program and him, but it is a much more complicated process than just going to combines and workouts. I wish him the best of luck, but also remain firmly encamped in the jaded category.

Bix Beiderbeck

I definitely respect this take. And while you call yourself jaded, I call myself certain.

I definitely respect this take. And while you call yourself jaded, I call myself certain.

Well, I was certain that the Gophers would lose to the Hawkeyes this year and the Vikings would lose to the Eagles last night. I'm adjusting my lucky number scorecard accordingly.

I was certain about the Vikings and eagles.... That's why I think it's a fair bet

Miles Davis

See I can write random names that have nothing to do with the topic too

Todd boeckmann

It would be awesome to see. Would be fun to watch. Would be great for Adam and the program.

Just because a guy is an NFL scout it doesn't mean he is a better evaluator or talent than someone who is not. There are probably thousands of high school and college coaches around the country that would be better evaluators of talent than some NFL scouts.

I am a lifelong gopher fan, but i can admit that Betting agains the gophers would often be a very profitable thing to do

I was certain about the Vikings and eagles.... That's why I think it's a fair bet

Of all the bull, crap, and usual spittle that you write on an almost constant basis on this site, this was your biggest piece of B.S.

I think the best Weber can hope for at this point is to make it on someone's PS. Someone may spend a 6th or 7th on him, and some may believe (which I consider legit btw) the coaching carousel the Gophers had really hurt him.

I think Weber will have his best chance if he tags on with a team with a stable coaching staff and system.

Top Bottom