ACC-Big 10 Challenge - Minnesota @ Miami(fla) Game thread

I hear Nolen loves Miami... maybe the Hurricanes will take him off our hands. :rolleyes:

Are you watching the game? Nolen just had two steals and a very nice assist to Carter. I agree he is very frustrating at times but I think that is because we all see how good he can be.

I don't believe what I just saw at the end of the half. We took a knee! Cmon Devoe shoot the shot - full court or whatever, shoot it!

I just don't why they took a timeout, looked like they were drawing up a play, and then did nothing? I can see if they just let the clock run out...but that was weird.

Are you watching the game? Nolen just had two steals and a very nice assist to Carter. I agree he is very frustrating at times but I think that is because we all see how good he can be.

I agree, just responding (with sarcasm :rolleyes:) to Gopherfan who apparently believes otherwise. Quite frankly, I get frustrated with all the negativity towards Nolen on this so-called fan site.

What is it you guys don't like about Nolen? He is keeping us in this with his outstanding defense. If it is his outside shooting, why worry about it. He's a point guard. He doesn't take the long shot that often. His job is to handle the ball and nobody does it better.

The problem is rebounding. Not Nolen!

Not too often you'll see a team up 5 at half after getting out rebounded 19-8.

Anyone elses sound just die on ESPNU? Only way Miami is in this game as because they are hitting wide open 3's...might want to make them put it on the floor

not mine - no loss of sound. Those dudes are shooting 3's from way out .. can't keep up..

anyone hear the anouncers say Miami ha tough academic standards?? hah that was funny

Illinois is no longer an embarrassment. Michigan still blows.

For a team that had so much promise at the beginning of the year it's going to be a pretty big letdown if we lose our 3rd straight. We suddenly go from a team competing for a better seed to a team competing to make the dance.

Anybody that says Nolen isn't playing well has no clue. Nolen has created TONS of shots for his bricklaying teammates he should have 15 assists.

Anyone elses sound just die on ESPNU? Only way Miami is in this game as because they are hitting wide open 3's...might want to make them put it on the floor

and rebounds currently Hurricanes 30 Minnesota 19

We have the worst offense ever...what are we trying to do? Pass it around the top of the key until there is 10 on the shot clock and then panic. This is 3 years in a row with not having a clue on offense. Unacceptable.

anyone hear the anouncers say Miami ha tough academic standards?? hah that was funny
My sister goes there and they do have tough academic standards for non-athletes, most people also don't realize it's a private school. Very similar to USC in that way, a well known private school that has far different academic standards for athletes.

Anyways she's lucky and went to the game, I told her to wear some Gopher gear.

Tubby- recruit some shooters. Please. And get a coach on staff that can run an offense.

This is a bad basketball team right now. They don't do anything well or with a whole lot of focus. In the last few minutes, I have seen two guys airball WIDE open looks. And I mean WIDE open. No leadership on this team because nobody is stepping up and making plays.

This bunch deserves every loss they've received this year. Even the defense is poor. Miscommunications on every play or just being plain stupid with their approach. And the worst part of this is that I have no sense that they have any clue on either end.

We have the worst offense ever...what are we trying to do? Pass it around the top of the key until there is 10 on the shot clock and then panic. This is 3 years in a row with not having a clue on offense. Unacceptable.

I have been saying that all year...if are 3's do not fall we stand no chance

So much for 17 years in a row of 20 wins for Tubby...this team is .500 at best

For real they were acting like they had a big lead and were trying to run down the clock with a tie game and 3 min left. I thought my disapointment was done when the football season was over, boy was I wrong. Offense is terrible, FT shooting is elementary, rebounding is non existant, coaching has been questionable, and now they will have no out of conference wins worth anything except Butler. Why does Ralph Sampson see so much more minutes than Colton, my 2 year old son is tougher than Ralph.

Is Cobbs so not ready that he can't play for Westbrook or Nolan? Seriously!

These guys are playing like a bunch of clowns right now.

They wont be .500 because of all the creampuffs on the schedule.

Top Bottom