3 game losing streak

Did I miss something? Has it been announced that Mo will be out for an extended period of time? Fleck talked like he just needed a few more days of recuperation in an interview Saturday.
No, I was just talking about this last Saturday only.

I hope it's not a mirage - I think the truth is somewhere in between. When we play our best, we can beat anyone in the Big Ten short of perhaps Ohio or Michigan - I truly believe that.

But we are vulnerable and we are an offense that really relies on consistency. I can't lay claim to that observation, but hearing Gopher Gridiron lay that out, it becomes clear how dependent we are on our running game being able to establish itself.

I think we will really know who we are after illinois. If we take that game I think we can take Penn St.
When the Gophers beat Purdue, they had critical injuries to their playmakers. This time around, Mo did and CrAB did not play. Play this game multiple times and the Gophers will probably win more than they will lose.

What is different about Illinois last year and Purdue this year is they figured out how to stop the run and disrupt Tanner Morgan and the RPO.

The Bye Week comes at a good time. They need to figure out how to counter Illinois' and PSU's adjustments.

Wonder if those who have been following the Gophers 20+ years are those less optimistic about the balance of the season.

Probably. This is only my 10th season as a Gopher football fan and they have been a pretty competitive team (with some exceptions) during that time. I don't have the same feelings of dread about this program that I notice in some of the long-termers.

Probably. This is only my 10th season as a Gopher football fan and they have been a pretty competitive team (with some exceptions) during that time. I don't have the same feelings of dread about this program that I notice in some of the long-termers.
For me I endured the Cal Stohls, Joe Salems, John Gutekunsts, Jim Wackers, Tim Brewsters etc. Every year they hyped the fans into blindly believing this was the year...only to be disappointed after watching a game or two. So I've become one of those who says don't tell me how good you are or how your going to win the west...you need to show me! After watching them beat 4 teams with a combined record of 3 wins 17 loses then get whipped by Purdue they have a lot to show me before I'll blindly believe they are a contender.

I Fing hate this thread! Irishgopher, you sir, are a troll! Supporting the Lou Holtz greenies is an act of treason. One game of missed opportunity does not mean a 3 game malaise is in order.

Yeah, we lost 20-10, but consider the following:

AOC played and we held them to 200 passing yards and no tds.

Mo Ibrahim was held out due to injury.

First Gopher drive ended due to a dropped pass right at the numbers.

PJ AND CREW LOST THEIR FREAKING MINDS GOING ON 4th and 1 giving them 3 points.

Dropped TD pass gets intercepted and we stay down 10 - 0.

Missed FG.

STOP - without all the above, game could have been 23 - 7 Gophers going into the 4th quarter. But alas it was 10 - 10.

Then we had a stupid penalty enabling them to score.

Forced pass by Morgan is intercepted.

Long run through defense trying to strip instead of tackle.

So what is my point?

PURDUE DIDN’T BEAT THE GOPHERS, THEY BEAT THEMSELVES!

Yes this happened last year too. But look at how the team responded.

I can almost taste the victory Champaign from the Illinois game!

GO GOPHERS!

For me I endured the Cal Stohls, Joe Salems, John Gutekunsts, Jim Wackers, Tim Brewsters etc. Every year they hyped the fans into blindly believing this was the year...only to be disappointed after watching a game or two. So I've become one of those who says don't tell me how good you are or how your going to win the west...you need to show me! After watching them beat 4 teams with a combined record of 3 wins 17 loses then get whipped by Purdue they have a lot to show me before I'll blindly believe they are a contender.

Well, keep your head up a bit, at least for the time being. I was impressed by Purdue's defense and I don't think this was such a bad loss. I still think they are a contender in the West which, admittedly, isn't such a high hurdle.

PURDUE DIDN’T BEAT THE GOPHERS, THEY BEAT THEMSELVES!
Purdue did beat the Gophers. Deal with it! They were a better team than many people realized.

If you need to deny losses in order to make yourself feel better, then I question how strong your faith was in the first place.

Not true. Fan 55 years, season tickets 36 years and optimistic. Fleck has the best program we have had in my experience.

Coach speak is always positive. It is not hyping fans into blindly believing. Fans do that to themselves. It's human nature.

Not true. Fan 55 years, season tickets 36 years and optimistic. Fleck has the best program we have had in my experience.
Season tickets for 37 years and, yes, this is the best program I have seen.

Coach speak is always positive. It is not hyping fans into blindly believing. Fans do that to themselves. It's human nature.
Years of hype and wishful thinking = skepticism.

Top Bottom