25 year season ticket holder

How dare you understand where Harley is coming from. He's a whiner and we need to scold his ilk.
He doesn’t need a scolding. But He doesn’t need to be pandered to.

if people think that a coaching change is needed they are honestly sad and can and should be ignored. First time Minnesota was better up front than maybe 2003.

Minnesota was out coached a week ago. They outcoached Iowa yesterday. Guys didn’t make the plays necessary to win

Yes, very disappointed in the outcome. BUT it was a very entertaining, nerve wracking, edge of your seat game and there is nothing else I would have rather been doing for those four hours yesterday than watching that game. I'm still rowing the boat. Go Gophers, Ski-U-Mah.

We walked out of the Illinois game last week in the 3rd Q. Let me put this into a perspective before you react. I've sat through some poor performances and terrible seasons over the 25 years. I've seen it all...I mean I've really seen some poor seasons...but what I saw on the field last week vs Illinois was pervasive to what I saw today. There is something functionally wrong within this program and/or perhaps the entire Athletic Department. Seriously. The coaching staff needs to be evaluated. I'll give this years Football staff an 'F'. Even Jeff Horton's team had some fire and were fun to watch. PJ needs to get his sh*t together....he's not all that special. 2019 was an aberration.

This team has some talent...but the coaching doesn't seem to mesh with the talent. The current QB is awful. Just plain and simple to see. I'm sorry...I'm just being honest. Loosing to Iowa again just highlights what is wrong. Bench him. Gophers will loose to both Indiana and Wis.

Long Story short..I'm tired and no long care..today was our last hooray. I'll probably will spend my money somewhere else other than Gopher Football season tickets. I've seen enough. DONE.
Posting Therapy brought to you by Gopherhole!

And I’ll be darned if the sun didn’t come up this morning.

Also that will suck if we beat Wisconsin and u missed it due to a hissy fit.

Last edited:

We walked out of the Illinois game last week in the 3rd Q. Let me put this into a perspective before you react. I've sat through some poor performances and terrible seasons over the 25 years. I've seen it all...I mean I've really seen some poor seasons...but what I saw on the field last week vs Illinois was pervasive to what I saw today. There is something functionally wrong within this program and/or perhaps the entire Athletic Department. Seriously. The coaching staff needs to be evaluated. I'll give this years Football staff an 'F'. Even Jeff Horton's team had some fire and were fun to watch. PJ needs to get his sh*t together....he's not all that special. 2019 was an aberration.

This team has some talent...but the coaching doesn't seem to mesh with the talent. The current QB is awful. Just plain and simple to see. I'm sorry...I'm just being honest. Loosing to Iowa again just highlights what is wrong. Bench him. Gophers will loose to both Indiana and Wis.

Long Story short..I'm tired and no long care..today was our last hooray. I'll probably will spend my money somewhere else other than Gopher Football season tickets. I've seen enough. DONE.
I've been a season ticket holder since 1984 and I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended) It's just getting too hard to spend all that money when all the games are on TV. Just cancelled my renewal for next year. Very frustrating....Chip Scoggins pretty much nailed it in today's collumn.

I can’t blame the Op. This offense is so boring and frustrating to watch. The head coach is way too conservative because he hired a terrible OC. The head coach and OC have wasted a very talented team that many, including the head coach, we’re very high on.
Fleck had to hire a DC when he came here, he made a bad hire. He had to hire an OC for the first time since his first year as a head coach and he made a bad hire.

It’s tough to watch regression. If Fleck sticks with Sanford I think most rational people will find better things to do with their Saturdays. Say what you want about Ciarocca, but the Gopher offense was fun and exciting to watch under him. He was the least predictable OC I’ve seen for the Gophers in a long time.

I've been a season ticket holder since 1984 and I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended) It's just getting too hard to spend all that money when all the games are on TV. Just cancelled my renewal for next year. Very frustrating....Chip Scoggins pretty much nailed it in today's collumn.
Bye

The good news is that with season ticket holders choosing not to renew, that opens up more seats for the thousands of folks on the season ticket waiting list.

I'm also "in the same boat!" Along with the frustration of losing, as a veteran, I was extremely disappointed that on Veterans Weekend, the team, once again wouldn't come out of the locker room for the pregame festivities, including OUR National Anthem. After 17 years a season ticket holder I'm not renewing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on where to invest their time and money. OP, thanks for supporting the program so long. Sad to hear you've reached the end of what you can stand. One would think the Brewster years would've done you in, but thanks for persisting.

I've been thinking this morning I need to invest less emotionally in this team as well. I spend WAY too much time caring about Gopher FB. I think it's sad the staff and players couldn't capitalize on a HUGE opportunity to elevate the program this year...so we'll have a fair number of people feeling like the OP (or even me). In the end, FB is just a game so it's probably the healthier decision anyway. In sum, this season has been very disappointing...like VERY much so. Glad to make a bowl game, but it could've been much better. Not leaving, but sad and checking out emotionally for a bit.

I was talking with some BG fans after that awful loss and the first comment I heard was" You need a new QB. At the time I didn't want to admit that but as things have gone on I think he's right. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but it just astounds me how much TM has regressed as a QB and wonder if something more is going on here that we don't know.

I'm also "in the same boat!" Along with the frustration of losing, as a veteran, I was extremely disappointed that on Veterans Weekend, the team, once again wouldn't come out of the locker room for the pregame festivities, including OUR National Anthem. After 17 years a season ticket holder I'm not renewing.
Lol.
Okay patriot. Thanks for your service but you need to be a little less self-important

I’m sure the team hates veterans and hates America.

Nick Saban brought 'The Process' to Alabama. John Wooden had the 'Pyramid of Success'. Belichick and Brady had 'The Patriot Way'.

All good coaches start with 'nonsense' and build from there.

Hard-pressed to think of an example of all-time great coaches that didn't have some kind of hook like that.
John Wooden also had Sam Gillbert behind the scenes paying/buying players.

He doesn’t need a scolding. But He doesn’t need to be pandered to.

if people think that a coaching change is needed they are honestly sad and can and should be ignored. First time Minnesota was better up front than maybe 2003.

Minnesota was out coached a week ago. They outcoached Iowa yesterday. Guys didn’t make the plays necessary to win
Explain please.

I’ve been thru the Wacker years and the Brewster years, those were some bad teams, this year has been disappointing but far from those disasters. Hopefully, Fleck does some self reflection at some point though and doesn’t settle for these mediocre results.

I’ve been thru the Wacker years and the Brewster years, those were some bad teams, this year has been disappointing but far from those disasters. Hopefully, Fleck does some self reflection at some point though and doesn’t settle for these mediocre results.
This year has had that Mason-esque kind of disappointment.

I pulled my monthly donations to the football team today after yesterday amazing performance.

I personally think Iowa has better skill position players across the board and in spite of this the game plan gave Minnesota a shot to win.
Iowa's coaches and players were better prepared to win. Trying the long FG (with a different kicker) and giving Iowa a short field at the beginning of the 4th was a large coaching mistake. Can't see Ferentz doing the same thing given the same circumstances.

bye no one cares, RTB

Stocker - will you accept this:

there is room for more than just two opinions.

It's not a case of "everything sucks" vs "everything's fine."

I can be a fan of the program - want to see the team win - and still be critical when I see things I don't like.

there have been years the Gophers had virtually no shot at beating IA and WI. This year was supposed to be different.

And, for many of us, the biggest issue is that the same problems keep cropping up every week, and the coaching staff appears to be unwilling or unable to do anything about it - like making changes. that is really bleepin' frustrating. so I understand where the 'negative' posters are coming from.

I have been VERY critical of the team. Coaching staff in particular. But the OP isn't giving an opinion. The OP created a thread to say that they don't want to be fans anymore. A totally worthless thread.

And this.....below:

Real fans don’t walk out during the third quarter of a close game of importance, or disown their team.

Iowa's coaches and players were better prepared to win. Trying the long FG (with a different kicker) and giving Iowa a short field at the beginning of the 4th was a large coaching mistake. Can't see Ferentz doing the same thing given the same circumstances.
Yeah. I never claimed they were perfect. That was a mistake

I was talking with some BG fans after that awful loss and the first comment I heard was" You need a new QB. At the time I didn't want to admit that but as things have gone on I think he's right. I know I'm beating a dead horse here but it just astounds me how much TM has regressed as a QB and wonder if something more is going on here that we don't know.
Maybe Bateman and TJ made some plays that resulted in Morgan appearing better than he was.

I've been thinking this morning I need to invest less emotionally in this team as well. I spend WAY too much time caring about Gopher FB. I think it's sad the staff and players couldn't capitalize on a HUGE opportunity to elevate the program this year...so we'll have a fair number of people feeling like the OP (or even me). In the end, FB is just a game so it's probably the healthier decision anyway. In sum, this season has been very disappointing...like VERY much so. Glad to make a bowl game, but it could've been much better. Not leaving, but sad and checking out emotionally for a bit.

This is correct. I am a giant fan.....and I probably care way too much about the team.....but I became less emotionally involved quite a few years back. During the game? Yes....the emotions run a little more wild. But once the game is over.....especially in the case of a super disappointing loss....I move on. No reason to let the loss put me in a really bad mood. Won't change the result.

If anything......I look for the silver lining. There is a fundamental issue with the coaching that is absolutely fixable. Just have to hope that Fleck is willing to admit that the conservative nature of this team is a detriment to taking the next step. Head scratching losses are going to continue to be a common theme if the staff's gameplans revolve around doing the absolute minimum in order to win a game. If the gameplans are SO vanilla.....that inferior teams are allowed to hang around with an opportunity to take the lead an win at the end. If....even in games that we are trailing in....the offense runs 25-30 seconds off the play clock....limiting our opportunities to come back.

I'm betting that Fleck has people (hopefully Coyle at the very least) in his ear voicing the same concerns as we are. When the team squanders not one....but three very winnable (and in the case of BG and Illinois....expected wins) games because of a flawed coaching philosophy....something has got to change.

Maybe Bateman and TJ made some plays that resulted in Morgan appearing better than he was.

They definitely did. We were spoiled to have both of them at the same time. It opened up the entire field. But Morgan was significantly more accurate two years ago. Even last year he wasn't this poor.

I have you by 14 years. Love the Gophers and seen it all. From day 1, the first year I had tickets, the answer to getting to the Rose bowl was to beat Iowa and Wisconsin. Those programs are light years ahead of us and this staff is no closer than those before them. Good coaches do not talk culture and rowing and other nonsense.
People say Wisconsin sucks, Iowa sucks and Frost sucks. Guess what, we have sucked since 1962. Ill renew I guess but it is getting closer to handing it over to the new disappointed. Wisconsin will go to the Rose bowl again. Iowa will play in Florida and we should decline.
Um, chances are the second place in the East goes to the Rose Bowl, assuming OSU is in the playoffs! I doubt wi receives a NY6 invite!

I personally think Iowa has better skill position players across the board and in spite of this the game plan gave Minnesota a shot to win.
Really? I don’t think either team is loaded there, but yeah their running back is really good in open space. Our backs ran really well yesterday and protected the ball. Wide Receivers might be a toss up.

Top Bottom