2025 Recruiting

Her name is Madison Francis. She is a 6-1 wing from NY and is class of 2025. She is ranked #23 in ESPN. The item I posted showed her offers (including MN). I am guessing she is narrowing her list soon.
Thank you. It is newsworthy. I don't like struggling with some links without knowing something about the information beforehand because I live in an area with slow Internet.

Does anyone know of Addi Mack has been offered by the current staff and if she has any interest?

Does anyone know of Addi Mack has been offered by the current staff and if she has any interest?
She has listed offers on social media and I have not seen MN. But I’m not sure if she has shared all of them.

They have not and frankly likely will not offer. They are looking at other players with remaining 2025 openings. Likely no other local 2025s to be offered

Just seems they always pick up a back up PG. it would be nice to have one local player in next years class. I don’t know much about her other than she is ranked 3rd in her class.

They have not and frankly likely will not offer. They are looking at other players with remaining 2025 openings. Likely no other local 2025s to be offered
Wonder whether this is a position thing/lack of need for another guard, or if Coach P and staff simply disagree about Mack's upside. Mack's recent offers this AAU season from North Carolina, Michigan and Va Tech, along with a previous offer from Maryland, give her a pretty impressive recruiting profile.

Wonder whether this is a position thing/lack of need for another guard, or if Coach P and staff simply disagree about Mack's upside. Mack's recent offers this AAU season from North Carolina, Michigan and Va Tech, along with a previous offer from Maryland, give her a pretty impressive recruiting profile.
It's also possible that when the staff reached out to her, she informed them that she had no intention of attending U of Minn., that she really wants to try another area of the country. I have zero inside knowledge on that scenario, but it happens. If that is the case, do you continue to chase, pester and waste time on a prospect who has said "No Thanks, I want to move away."?

Some good friends of mine have a 24 HS graduate, (non-athlete) that made it very clear that she really wanted to, and will be this fall, attend a school that is a more than a 2-hour flight from home. Wants to try something different than what she's grown up with.

Addi is likely looking at high academics so truly Northwestern could even be in the cards for her. However, once again, ppl have to remember, especially backcourt, Gophers, barring injuries have their started PG/SG who are slated to play 30-35+ mins a game in Mara Braun and Amaya Battle. Some players simply don't want to wait a year behind players and that could be what Addi would have to do here.

Also before anyone says anything about injuries, it's a lot to ask a recruit who could go somewhere with more minutes opportunity to come to Gophers on the CHANCE an injury occurs.

The class to watch is and will still be 2026. They will have 5-6 scholarships for that class and that class in the midwest is absolutely elite.

Addi is likely looking at high academics so truly Northwestern could even be in the cards for her. However, once again, ppl have to remember, especially backcourt, Gophers, barring injuries have their started PG/SG who are slated to play 30-35+ mins a game in Mara Braun and Amaya Battle. Some players simply don't want to wait a year behind players and that could be what Addi would have to do here. . . .
Always appreciate your insight, but confused by the two posts. The second post suggests that maybe Mack passed on the Gophers, but the first post indicates the Gophers passed on her.

Always appreciate your insight, but confused by the two posts. The second post suggests that maybe Mack passed on the Gophers, but the first post indicates the Gophers passed on her.
Gophers were the ones to move on. It's more so to provide an inside look at what Addi's continued recruiting could look like. As she continues to improve and get more college looks, gophers have looked elsewhere. The part about playing time means if they did look at Addi, it would be something to consider or be aware of.

Addi is likely looking at high academics so truly Northwestern could even be in the cards for her. However, once again, ppl have to remember, especially backcourt, Gophers, barring injuries have their started PG/SG who are slated to play 30-35+ mins a game in Mara Braun and Amaya Battle. Some players simply don't want to wait a year behind players and that could be what Addi would have to do here.

Also before anyone says anything about injuries, it's a lot to ask a recruit who could go somewhere with more minutes opportunity to come to Gophers on the CHANCE an injury occurs.

The class to watch is and will still be 2026. They will have 5-6 scholarships for that class and that class in the midwest is absolutely elite.
What we needed to add was somebody better than Braun and Battle who could play with them.
I like them both very much but if they are the only two you gotta worry about as an opponent or if they continue to clearly remain our two best players...we are not going to compete to win the conference....it's not enough firepower.
Maybe we added better, quicker defensive players....that could be a possible route to more competitive.

What we needed to add was somebody better than Braun and Battle who could play with them.
I like them both very much but if they are the only two you gotta worry about as an opponent or if they continue to clearly remain our two best players...we are not going to compete to win the conference....it's not enough firepower.
Maybe we added better, quicker defensive players....that could be a possible route to more competitive.
Now we are saying Mara and Amaya are not good enough? are you watching the same team? We were literally 14-4 before Mara's injury last year with wins over Tournament teams Nebraska, Michigan and Michigan State.... how are they not good enough to have us compete for NCAA tournament?

Now we are saying Mara and Amaya are not good enough? are you watching the same team? We were literally 14-4 before Mara's injury last year with wins over Tournament teams Nebraska, Michigan and Michigan State.... how are they not good enough to have us compete for NCAA tournament?
They're good enough to get you into the Big Dance. You need a woman better than them, a WNBA caliber player, if you want to win the conference and obtain a high seed.

Let's get in the tournament next year. But there's enough local talent to be able to compete for the conference title.

Put Bueckers, Tessa Johnson, or Ayoka Lee on the team, and the Gophers are conference title contenders.

Two of them on the team and you're a Final Four contender.

All three, and you're threatening to win the title.

They're good enough to get you into the Big Dance. You need a woman better than them, a WNBA caliber player, if you want to win the conference and obtain a high seed.

Let's get in the tournament next year. But there's enough local talent to be able to compete for the conference title.

Put Bueckers, Tessa Johnson, or Ayoka Lee on the team, and the Gophers are conference title contenders.

Two of them on the team and you're a Final Four contender.

All three, and you're threatening to win the title.
I think this will be a fun season to watch Braun and Battle. Obviously they will be at the top of everybody's scouting report, so how they are able to respond to, adjust and attack everybody's extra attention will be vital to Gopher success this season. Of course, the supporting cast will also need to play up to their potential.

Recruiting-wise, I think the idea is to always look to attract players who are, or have the potential to be at least as good, hopefully better than Braun and Battle. I don't think anybody means to say that those two aren't really good. It's more, Are they 1st team All-Conference players or 1st team All-American players. If they can stay healthy and somewhat fresh for the whole season, this should be a fun season to watch them!

Mara Braun when healthy is the best guard the Gophers have had since the Days of Keke Bell, Rachel Banham, and Carlie Wagner. Oh, BTW ALL OF THOSE were drafted or (Banham) still in the league. Mara Braun is viewed as a future WNBA player.

Also, can we start being REALISTIC?! This is still a program on the rise and has to build up. No one in the big ten is winning the conference outside of UCLA or USC for the next couple of seasons. Making the tournament is the next step and a needed step to attract "WNBA LEVEL" players. Iowa literally had to build with the likes of Megan Gustafson, Kathleen Doyle etc before they got their superstar in Clark. You are not getting superstars without the stars like Mara, Mallory, Amaya building up the program. Plain and simple.

But also ... literally the top recruiting class in the history of the program....and now we saying not good enough. MN Fans will be the reason why some players don't wanna deal with staying home.

Last edited:

I actually agree with some points of each of the last few posters.. you all make good points…

The Gophers were on track to be a tournament team BUT we will never know..

I believe Braun and Battle need to be better. I think both need to step up and have complete efficient years..

Has Braun had what you would consider a very good season yet? I know she got injured but she had struggles up until the injuries…Braun too many 4-17 games and inefficient play and Battle even less consistency..

Braun is not a great shooter at this point and on the perimeter she lacks physicality and gets locked up by good defenders.. potentially WNBA potential IMO.. I am nit picking at her game but she ain’t there… that’s why this is a big year for the 3 in that class..

I actually agree with some points of each of the last few posters.. you all make good points…

The Gophers were on track to be a tournament team BUT we will never know..

I believe Braun and Battle need to be better. I think both need to step up and have complete efficient years..

Has Braun had what you would consider a very good season yet? I know she got injured but she had struggles up until the injuries…Braun too many 4-17 games and inefficient play and Battle even less consistency..

Braun is not a great shooter at this point and on the perimeter she lacks physicality and gets locked up by good defenders.. potentially WNBA potential IMO.. I am nit picking at her game but she ain’t there… that’s why this is a big year for the 3 in that class..
Assuming they stay healthy, I think this may be the season that Battle and Braun end up being far closer to the players we believe they're capable of being more consistantly. Seems like the junior season is when a lot of players seem to finally really get it and start turning it up.

If it's possible to recruit top 50 players from all over the country it would be fantastic.
I'm excited for this year. Learning the playbook has happened for the returning players.
I'm hoping that we make tourney with a high seed.
Play well coach well and the recruits will want to come!

SKI-U-MAH

Mara Braun when healthy is the best guard the Gophers have had since the Days of Keke Bell, Rahcel Banahm and Carlie Wagner. Oh BTW ALL OF THOSE were drafted or (banham) still in the league. Mara Braun is viewed as a future WNBA player.

Also can we start being REALISTIC?! This is still a program on the rise and have to build up. No one in the big ten is winning the conference outside of UCLA or USC for the next couple of seasons. Making the tournament is the next step and a needed step to attract "WNBA LEVEL" players. Iowa literally had to build with the likes of Megan Gustafson, Kathleen Doyle etc before they got their superstar in Clark. You are not getting superstars without the stars like Mara, Mallory, Amaya building up the program. Plain and simple.

But also ... literally the top recruiting class in the history of the program....and now we saying not good enough. MN Fans will be the reason why some players don't wanna deal with staying home.
Yes, Bell and Wagner were drafted, but neither played in the WNBA. And while Braun may be the best guard since Banham, Braun is not at the same level (yet). She is a volume shooter and scorer, but her shooting percentages do not come close to Banham's, except at the free throw line. And Banham was a better passer, with more assists. Can Braun get to that level by the time she graduates? I hope so, but she has a ways to go. Just trying to be realistic, as you put it.

Zoey Bershers picks MN
I tried to read a little bit about her… I found some articles that list Zoey as 6’3”, and helped her school to back-to-back state championships in Arkansas. It said she shot 66% from 2 point range last season. 😱🤩 I’m looking forward to learning more. Welcome, Zoey!

Bershers had long-standing offers from BYU and SMU. Believe those are her only other P4 offers, but haven't seen a definitive listing so there could be others. Prep Girls Hoops ranks her as # 3 2025 prospect in Arkansas.

Zoey looks like she can shoot it and does a nice job blocking shots but otherwise not that impressive. Looked pretty labored getting up and down the floor and not very fast or quick. Hope she will work out well. I do think it is pretty important in the modern era to have a big that can shoot to open up the floor some.

Top Bottom