2024 Postseason ⚾️ Thread

This sounds like my friend from Philly who swears they have it worse than Minnesota, yet the Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017, and the Phillies won the title in 2008. Plus they have Villanova in college basketball.
Agree, crocodile tears.

This sounds like my friend from Philly who swears they have it worse than Minnesota, yet the Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017, and the Phillies won the title in 2008. Plus they have Villanova in college basketball.
I’ve been to Philly a handful of times. History of the city is pretty cool but other than that it’s a dump. Couldn’t pay me to live there

I’ve been to Philly a handful of times. History of the city is pretty cool but other than that it’s a dump. Couldn’t pay me to live there
Yea, the city itself sucks. Some nice areas and pretty country west of town.

3 teams with $300million plus budgets in the championship series ain’t great Bob. The Twins only need a new owner willing to spend an extra $170million and lose maybe $120million in.m the process.

I can't believe I'll be pulling for a NY team but here I am. Can't cheer for the Dodgers. Unfortunately I think the Yankees advance no matter which team they're playing.

Season on the line and Detroit batters decide to keep the bat on their shoulder.

I think it's a moot point. His chances of being approved by the MLB owners would be in the "zero point zero" range.
He tried to buy the Pirates IIRC. Did they deny him or did he get outbid?

It is very difficult for me to watch baseball when we somehow have bullpen games in the playoffs. I don't care if nine guys throw one perfect inning apiece. I don't want to watch it.

The Dodgers Top 4 hitters went a sexy 🍩 For 15, including their vaunted three former MVPs: Flookie, Freddie and No Show!!

Amazing (get it) Fun Fact via PTI -

Since 2000, there have been 45 GS in the postseason. Only 4 of those have occurred after an intentional walk - the last 3 of those which have happened against the Dodgers and Dave Roberts - the worst manager EVER - cue Another Choke Job😃🥳

Amazing (get it) Fun Fact via PTI -

Since 2000, there have been 45 GS in the postseason. Only 4 of those have occurred after an intentional walk - the last 3 of those which have happened against the Dodgers and Dave Roberts - the worst manager EVER - cue Another Choke Job😃🥳
Define choke job. Just losing in the playoffs/W.S. doesn't constitute choking IMO. Blowing a 3 game lead is a choke job. Blowing a 7 run lead is a choke job imo.

Define choke job. Just losing in the playoffs/W.S. doesn't constitute choking IMO. Blowing a 3 game lead is a choke job. Blowing a 7 run lead is a choke job imo.
The Dodgers in the playoffs🤣

I’m just pulling your chain a bit😉

With the payroll/players they’ve had and having been in the playoffs consecutively since 2013 and winning only one WS (COVID, no fans) would qualify, to this simpleton as a choke job. Sorry🤷‍♂️, but chocking is in the eye of the beholder.

Let an honorary New Yorker break it down further -

Last edited:

The Dodgers in the playoffs🤣

I’m just pulling your chain a bit😉

With the payroll/players they’ve had and having been in the playoffs consecutively since 2013 and winning only one WS (COVID, no fans) would qualify, to this simpleton as a choke job. Sorry🤷‍♂️, but chocking is in the eye of the beholder.

Let an honorary New Yorker break it down further -

Now you've done it! You just lit a fire inside me, which I will telepathically communicate with Roberts about. You only have yourself to blame now.

Now you've done it! You just lit a fire inside me, which I will telepathically communicate with Roberts about. You only have yourself to blame now.
I loved the Dodgers of the late 70s - they were a great club with great players.

I feel bad for you and others who bleed Dodger Blue, as I really think you’d have more rings, with a better skipper. If they best the Mets, then I hope the Dodgers crush the Yankees that we can agree on 😃

I loved the Dodgers of the late 70s - they were a great club with great players.

I feel bad for you and others who bleed Dodger Blue, as I really think you’d have more rings, with a better skipper. If they best the Mets, then I hope the Dodgers crush the Yankees that we can agree on 😃
I feel that it would be a miracle if the Dodgers win the whole thing this year. Their starting staff has been ravaged by injuries all season. The number of missed starts is incredible. 11 different starting pitchers on the IL at one time or another. They are so desperate that they have to start Buehler, who has been awful since returning from his multiple-season injury.

I feel that it would be a miracle if the Dodgers win the whole thing this year. Their starting staff has been ravaged by injuries all season. The number of missed starts is incredible. 11 different starting pitchers on the IL at one time or another. They are so desperate that they have to start Buehler, who has been awful since returning from his multiple-season injury.
Anyone but the Yankees 🤞

Top Bottom