2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

That’s interesting about moving his college stuff to Minneapolis. Could mean nothing, could mean something.

I suppose that could bring St. Thomas into the picture, too, but I doubt he’d want to transfer to a school that’s ineligible for the NCAA tourney.
The Gophers are eligible. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just like my unemployed neighbor who just turned 35 is eligible to run for POTUS.

That’s interesting about moving his college stuff to Minneapolis. Could mean nothing, could mean something.

I suppose that could bring St. Thomas into the picture, too, but I doubt he’d want to transfer to a school that’s ineligible for the NCAA tourney.
If I was in his shoes I'd rather transfer to a winning program.... NCAA tourney be damned.... Even being ineligible st Thomas has a better shot than the u at this current juncture

If I was in his shoes I'd rather transfer to a winning program.... NCAA tourney be damned.... Even being ineligible st Thomas has a better shot than the u at this current juncture
I guarantee you Coach P knows a whole lot more about next years MBB than any poster on this board. If he transfers in that is telling you more than you are willing to consume.

If he can’t get into Michigan he can’t get into the UMN. They have very similar admissions standards.
Then I assume you know exactly where he came up short. Michigan academically is better than us. We are sliding.

Last edited:

I agree Michigan is elite academically. But, it still seems surprising a big time basketball transfer doesn't get admitted into school. Lotta money consequences for the athletic department, visibility to attracting future potential recruits, frustrated unhappy coach etc etc
Maybe pretty admirable actually? ....without knowing the details. Gophers get a little bit better....good day for Ben.

But, it still seems surprising a big time basketball transfer doesn't get admitted into school.
Could have been/was admitted, but he would've lost X credits of work he had completed at UNC, so he decided that wasn't worth it.

Not the same thing as flat out being denied.

Word in North Carolina is he wasn’t admitted. Word is just word. Who knows. We sure could use him but would likely lose someone/s. As much as I like Caleb as a player I favor holding what we have.

Doubt you'll find a P6 team with a worse offseason than Michigan. I'm sure they'll try to add more players, but it's not looking good for them.

Ah yes, the arbiter of what is 100% true and good in Big Ten Basketball...Fansided blog, Bracketbuster.com. The most respected analysts in the college basketball realm. I'm surprised you don't write for them howeda.

Ah yes, the arbiter of what is 100% true and good in Big Ten Basketball...Fansided blog, Bracketbuster.com. The most respected analysts in the college basketball realm. I'm surprised you don't write for them howeda.
Do you think we'll finish ahead of Michigan next year?

Do you think we'll finish ahead of Michigan next year?
Did I say that? If not, not sure where you're getting that from. I am saying, the team in the Big Ten that lost the most talent and gained the least is Michigan. They're losing multiple players to the NBA and aren't picking up much of anything, heck Mitchell Jr. is ranked higher than anyone they're bringing in from the Transfer Portal and Christie is higher ranked than their top recruit. So, all things even, we're bringing in more talent, doesn't mean we started with more, but this offseason in a vacuum, we've done better.

Did I say that? If not, not sure where you're getting that from. I am saying, the team in the Big Ten that lost the most talent and gained the least is Michigan. They're losing multiple players to the NBA and aren't picking up much of anything, heck Mitchell Jr. is ranked higher than anyone they're bringing in from the Transfer Portal and Christie is higher ranked than their top recruit. So, all things even, we're bringing in more talent, doesn't mean we started with more, but this offseason in a vacuum, we've done better.
OK. But I don't think losing graduating players to the NBA = "having the worst off-season" unless they both left early unexpectedly. Losing Dickinson hurts but Tray Jackson might be better than anyone the Gophers signed.

OK. But I don't think losing graduating players to the NBA = "having the worst off-season" unless they both left early unexpectedly. Losing Dickinson hurts but Tray Jackson might be better than anyone the Gophers signed.
Oh yeah! 6.5 points and 2.2 rebounds. A dominating power forward. Good bye Dawson. Hello Tray! Me scared. Lol.

We sure could use him but would likely lose someone/s. As much as I like Caleb as a player I favor holding what we have.
This is nonsense. We have no shot at him, but Love is a proven player that would waltz into our starting lineup -- his WS last year would have led our team. The idea that lesser players would leave because he comes here for (likely) only one year is silly and greatly overrates what the roster has proven to date.

"But I don't think losing graduating players to the NBA = "having the worst off-season" unless they both left early unexpectedly."

Ok...but that's wrong...like objectively incorrect when analyzing an offseason, they lost players from their team, which makes the team worse, which is bad for the team. So they've had a worse offseason, cool we agree, good shit.

We could lose players for some unexplainable reason but at the moment the portal is closed to new entries. You can add guys who are already in the portal but guys leaving now to play for someone else ...that opportunity has passed for this year.

Top Bottom