2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Pride seemed like he was more likely than Brown based on reports. Still need somebody else that can handle the ball.
I have been expecting just one of Pride or Brown, with the likelihood being Pride based off the reports of mutual interest. Obviously would have loved to have them both. Realllllly hope we land Pride.

Tin hat time. I think Ben never planned on taking both Brown and Pride, or at least knew he could only "keep one happy" and I am guessing Pride already committed to us earlier this week, which is why Brown moved on. I think he wants to keep Carrington+Christie happy with minutes.

Just like last year, I think Ben promised playing time to Henley and Carrington at guard, so after getting Cooper he got Samuels as a backup/mentor type guy for the young guards. Obviously this blew up in his face.

I think Mitchell is probably about an even swap for Cooper talent wise (but will be a better fit) and Pride would be a pretty big upgrade over Samuels.

Hope I am correct, this is all conjecture based on what I've seen from Ben.

I have been expecting just one of Pride or Brown, with the likelihood being Pride based off the reports of mutual interest. Obviously would have loved to have them both. Realllllly hope we land Pride.

Tin hat time. I think Ben never planned on taking both Brown and Pride, or at least knew he could only "keep one happy" and I am guessing Pride already committed to us earlier this week, which is why Brown moved on. I think he wants to keep Carrington+Christie happy with minutes.

Just like last year, I think Ben promised playing time to Henley and Carrington at guard, so after getting Cooper he got Samuels as a backup/mentor type guy for the young guards. Obviously this blew up in his face.

I think Mitchell is probably about an even swap for Cooper talent wise (but will be a better fit) and Pride would be a pretty big upgrade over Samuels.

Think that’s a reasonable assessment.

Oh…..Brown was going to follow his coach to Utah State
Oh….Pride was going to stay out east

It’s time to buy Holloman or King - neither of whom I wanted - off their teams. It’s any means necessary time.

Woof. Very bad for Ben. Unless he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, he has fewer than a year left on the job.

He didn’t promise playing time, he wanted to develop his young players. Everyone can debate if that was the right approach now. The reason Henley is gone is because he wasn’t promised playing time or a lead ball handler position.

He didn’t promise playing time, he wanted to develop his young players. Everyone can debate if that was the right approach now. The reason Henley is gone is because he wasn’t promised playing time or a lead ball handler position.
Oh FFS. Stop with this nonsense

There is no debating. It was the wrong approach. We sucked last year, and will be just as shitty next year.

There is no debating. It was the wrong approach. We sucked last year, and will be just as shitty next year.
Independent of anything CBJ:

I think there is no debating that promises of playing time are program limiting moves. It sets a team on a bad path that is almost impossible to recover from.

Once you do it, you’ve just introduced politics into your team. Which inevitably affects cohesion.

Unless of course your goal is low. I’d rather struggle for a few cycles, and have a chance to build a tough team. Otherwise, the only chance you’ll ever have to make a strong tourney run is through luck.

Now you can argue there are better ways to sell minutes. Use the player’s ego through challenges. Have them sell themselves. Etc.

Top Bottom