2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Ben has been slow playing Brown and Pride so he could land Dingle. He's playing chess while we are playing checkers.

Do I need to add the /s?
if i try to lasso that, would it be:
dangle a dingle before brown pride?

mnvcguy and johnny will be by, soon, to soothe your fears..........

This is the first moment when I've had a feeling of genuine dread.

Regardless of differences of opinion, we've all been agreed for some time that the offseason would determine whether this program could pull out of its nosedive or if the coach's third year was going to be an extended slow walk to the executioner. It's harder and harder to see a path to a successful enough year to save the guy's job. You can't compete without enough talent.

Still hoping against hope, but I'm starting to transition to the task of having the talk with my wife and our season ticket group about how difficult the season is going to be and pep-talk ourselves into reupping...again.

So we have a ton of PT available at the 1, 2, and 3 spots, and the best we can do is land one PG. We can't even run a fucking 5 on 5 scrimmage in practice at this point. Lmao.

March 14, 2024, can't get here soon enough.

So we have a ton of PT available at the 1, 2, and 3 spots, and the best we can do is land one PG. We can't even run a fucking 5 on 5 scrimmage in practice at this point. Lmao.

We have to wait. Nobody knows how next year will turn out...We might be a final 4 team. Don't be so negative.

Did I do that right?

Last edited:

This is the first moment when I've had a feeling of genuine dread.

Regardless of differences of opinion, we've all been agreed for some time that the offseason would determine whether this program could pull out of its nosedive or if the coach's third year was going to be an extended slow walk to the executioner. It's harder and harder to see a path to a successful enough year to save the guy's job. You can't compete without enough talent.

Still hoping against hope, but I'm starting to transition to the task of having the talk with my wife and our season ticket group about how difficult the season is going to be and pep-talk ourselves into reupping...again.
This is the first moment? Nothing else previously gave you that feeling? You might be in the minority.

A Big Sky player following his coach to the Mountain West is a reasonable decision for the player. Move on. There's still some time left in this cycle. As some of these players find new teams, that could have a domino effect with players from that team entering the portal. At this stage in the cycle, some of the major schools have already filled their shopping lists. Those are the players to watch for, now.

A Big Sky player following his coach to the Mountain West is a reasonable decision for the player. Move on. There's still some time left in this cycle. As some of these players find new teams, that could have a domino effect with players from that team entering the portal. At this stage in the cycle, some of the major schools have already filled their shopping lists. Those are the players to watch for, now.
You're right. Let the big dogs eat, then fight for table scraps. It's how we lucked into Taurus Samuels last year. I have every confidence we'll get a couple guys just as talented.

Since the B1G tournament is in Minneapolis, will Coyle stay his execution until March 18th?

Selling playing time at a Big Ten school and we can’t even get average Mid Majors players.

Top Bottom