2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

Seems like these next few days are huge. This is pretty much going to be an every year occurrence, so Ben better learn how to get good at it if he wants to survive. Battle, Cooper, Henley all with eligibility remaining. It’s going to continue to happen year after year. Best to look at it as a way to improve every year and not lament what was lost.

Ramberg, Purcell and Reader are probably excellent practice players and every bit as worthy of scholarships as Wilson. I guess it's fine if they get the last 3 scholarships.

In Summary:
Eli King committed to North Dakota
Curtis Jones committed to Iowa St.
Andrew Rohde committed to Virginia
Justin Mullins committed to Northwestern

Charlie Pride (Bryant) visiting Minnesota
Latrell Wrightsell (Cal. St. Fullerton) visiting Minnesota (in top 3)
Darius Brown II (Montana St.) visiting Minnesota (visiting 3 schools)
Sean Bairstow (Utah St.) visting Minnesota
2 scholarships left, 23 players who have not committed that I read somewhere or other that Minnesota has had an interest in or reached out to.
Three scholarships left.
Why doesn’t everyone stay on the football board until the portal closes. It is clear almost no one knows anything about these players. The spring game is the only bad news on the football board.
None of them know squat about Gopher football either. Professional Wailin Jennies.

Why doesn’t everyone stay on the football board until the portal closes. It is clear almost no one knows anything about these players. The spring game is the only bad news on the football board.

How many new accounts are you going to create to just repeat complete stupidity everyday?

Raheem Anthony from St Mary’s MN to UST never seen him play… I have heard about him and his ability to drive to the hoop

Raheem Anthony from St Mary’s MN to UST never seen him play… I have heard about him and his ability to drive to the hoop
He’s impressive at the D3 level. I think he can survive the summit. He will have his struggles because he can get away with a lot more at St. Mary’s with his freakish athleticism & strength.

Three scholarships left.

None of them know squat about Gopher football either. Professional Wailin Jennies.
We don't understand the importance of adding a 6'11" center who shoots 35% from the field but sets "bone-rattling" picks.

Decent basketball teams are always giving minutes to guys like that.

He’s impressive at the D3 level. I think he can survive the summit. He will have his struggles because he can get away with a lot more at St. Mary’s with his freakish athleticism & strength.
Yeah interesting player. Junior year 16ppg 50%fg 22%3fg and 52%ft. Senior year 24ppg 54%fg 42% 3fg and 79%ft….

I’m
There was no swing, because Ben doesn't have a bat (NIL $). Its not on him in this specific case. Wrightsell didn't even visit; too much $ elsewhere.
People tend to forget that when it doesn’t fit their narrative of “Ben is terrible at everything.”

I’m sure Ben could pull all 4 ⭐️ and 5 ⭐️ transfers/recruits if he just paid them too 🤷‍♂️.

NIL - the latest, greatest excuse.
You can call it an excuse, sure. I don't. I don't like it either, but its the reality.

Dennis Evans was signed here. Got a massive NIL deal elsewhere, he leaves.

Battle is from here, staff spent a lot of time with him. By all accounts he's a nice, well rounded kid. That being said, he got a significantly larger NIL elsewhere, he leaves.

Excuse? Not sure.

You can call it an excuse, sure. I don't. I don't like it either, but its the reality.

Dennis Evans was signed here. Got a massive NIL deal elsewhere, he leaves.

Battle is from here, staff spent a lot of time with him. By all accounts he's a nice, well rounded kid. That being said, he got a significantly larger NIL elsewhere, he leaves.

Excuse? Not sure.
Either win or dont. There is no in between.

MN Admin has made horrid decisions for decades.

Top Bottom