2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

So is your honest expectation that we land every transfer portal recruit we reach out to?
Is your honest expectation Johnson won't be able to recruit?

I expect the U to employ a coach willing and able to recruit well enough, and coach well enough to win more than lose in.the B1G. Build a legit threat to get at least to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA.

NIL is just your latest excuse for why the Gophers cant do what numerous others do.

And even if NIL is the sole reason CBJ is historically awful, so what? Who cares WHY CBJ won't get it done...he won't get it done. Here we are with Jack Effing Wilson, LOL, and an iffy pt guard probably worse than last year's slowpoke.

You'll be telling us to have patience and/or slinging excuses through another losing season or two, at which point Johnson will be let go and NIL will still be a thing.

Looking for 2 commits in the next few days.
Has to get done.
I think your right. We need at least , and hopefully 2 of the 3 visitors to commit.

However, Whether the visitors for the next 2 days eventually commit, it will be at least a few weeks before we know.

I expect the U to employ a coach willing and able to recruit well enough, and coach well enough to win more than lose in.the B1G. Build a legit threat to get at least to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA.

NIL is just your latest excuse for why the Gophers cant do what numerous others do.

And even if NIL is the sole reason CBJ is historically awful, so what? Who cares WHY CBJ won't get it done...he won't get it done. Here we are with Jack Effing Wilson, LOL, and an iffy pt guard probably worse than last year's slowpoke.

You'll be telling us to have patience and/or slinging excuses through another losing season or two, at which point Johnson will be let go and NIL will still be a thing.
Again....question was do you honestly expect Johnson to land every transfer portal recruit he reaches out to? Because you are going with the stupid baseball adjacent analogy when he doesn't get one.

Have said many many times that Johnson almost certainly doesn't survive another bad year but feel free to pretend like I and others are saying something different.

Lol. The denial generator is max voltage.
Also Rockraven (Apr 12, "Wrightsell top 3" thread):
He will go where he gets a starting/starring role. That could well be us. Guard is the missing piece of our puzzle to be competitive this year. 60%.

We were 60% favorites to land Wrightsell a week ago, he'll pick playing time, but today we have no shot because NIL.

LOLOL. Get your story straight.

Lol.
Cue the excuse generator machine.
As I replied before:

You can call it an excuse, sure. I don't. I don't like it either, but its the reality.

Dennis Evans was signed here. Got a massive NIL deal elsewhere, he leaves.

Battle is from here, staff spent a lot of time with him. By all accounts he's a nice, well rounded kid. That being said, he got a significantly larger NIL elsewhere, he leaves.

And to be clear my comment that you're LOL'ing at was specific to the Wrightsell recruitment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also Rockraven (Apr 12, "Wrightsell top 3" thread):
He will go where he gets a starting/starring role. That could well be us. Guard is the missing piece of our puzzle to be competitive this year. 60%.

We were 60% favorites to land Wrightsell a week ago, he'll pick playing time, but today we have no shot because NIL.

LOLOL. Get your story straight.
I cooled on him.Seriously, when NIL is offered, everything changes. Certainly you understand that.

Like I said earlier as we enter the Midwest market my company will provide NIL for basketball and football. We will use them in our advertising. It will also lift the image of the programs in Minnesota to further expose our student athletes as role models. Win-Win.

Like I said earlier as we enter the Midwest market my company will provide NIL for basketball and football. We will use them in our advertising. It will also lift the image of the programs in Minnesota to further expose our student athletes as role models. Win-Win.
What kinda budget are we talking about

Put $$$ in a collective.
Has to get done.
It took you this long to figure it out. How could you let Dennis Evans leave?!?!?! Think of the wingspan!!! Can't your company please expediate it's entrance into the Midwest market any quicker?

I can't wait for your company to get into Michigan and Ohio so that you will start advertising with Gopher basketball players and we can start banking some of that sweet wingspan.

It took you this long to figure it out. How could you let Dennis Evans leave?!?!?! Think of the wingspan!!! Can't your company please expediate it's entrance into the Midwest market any quicker?

I can't wait for your company to get into Michigan and Ohio so that you will start advertising with Gopher basketball players and we can start banking some of that sweet wingspan.
We are using pro athletes outside of Gold Country.

Hahahaha.

"My company"

From this tool.

Sure.

We were 222nd last year. 221 teams don't have huge NIL. Is this a factor? Yes. Does it excuse where this program is? No. Figure it out or let someone else try.

I know the consensus is that we have 2 scholarships available, but I felt BJ sitting Ramberg sent a message the last back half of the year last year.

Please use his scholarship. Go get 3 guys.

I know the consensus is that we have 2 scholarships available, but I felt BJ sitting Ramberg sent a message the last back half of the year last year.

Do you not follow the wise sages here?? If we get 2 more guys we will have way too much talent and no way to spread out the minutes so we will need Ramburg on the team to just provide a valuable practice guy! I'll let it slide this time but quit asking for a whole team of talented players, every good team has multiple guys who are there to just practice! 😏

Do you not follow the wise sages here?? If we get 2 more guys we will have way too much talent and no way to spread out the minutes so we will need Ramburg on the team to just provide a valuable practice guy! I'll let it slide this time but quit asking for a whole team of talented players, every good team has multiple guys who are there to just practice! 😏
What we need most rn is another Wilson type so Wilson number 1 has someone to practice setting those bone rattlin' picks on, in practice.

Well put. From what I saw, Will deserved at least a little more playing time. What's with the stubborn refusal to play him more paired with the stubborn refusal to utilize his scholarship for someone who WILL play more? This feels dissonant and nonsensical.

Well put. From what I saw, Will deserved at least a little more playing time. What's with the stubborn refusal to play him more paired with the stubborn refusal to utilize his scholarship for someone who WILL play more? This feels dissonant and nonsensical.
Agreed - Exactly my thinking.

Dissonant doesn’t dare displace a word we understand on a message board!😂

I’m

People tend to forget that when it doesn’t fit their narrative of “Ben is terrible at everything.”

I’m sure Ben could pull all 4 ⭐️ and 5 ⭐️ transfers/recruits if he just paid them too 🤷‍♂️.
He had a 5 star recruit who got poached

Last edited:

Top Bottom