2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

I visit this thread a few times a day hoping to see a commitment....... SIGH!!!!!!
Ha ha ha, I can’t help it either. The rational part of ATSGopher knows that mid April is far more likely. The fan part want to see info now and yesterday.

It takes awhile. Guys got to set of visits, etc. However, I’m clicking all the time for news…

Maybe Gopherhole can text me.

Well, they were pretty good for a team from the MAAC. Gave Penn State everything they wanted.

I’m not saying Dezi is my first choice. But they could do much worse. Don’t remember the last time the Gophers had a spark plug 3 point shooting point guard on the roster
Could they though?

If he is our first commit we are done for. He's the kid you get in late April to fill out your 12th spot. If he's priority 1 then Johnson will be fired with 365 days.
Closer to 330.

Ha ha ha, I can’t help it either. The rational part of ATSGopher knows that mid April is far more likely. The fan part want to see info now and yesterday.

It takes awhile. Guys got to set of visits, etc. However, I’m clicking all the time for news…

Maybe Gopherhole can text me.
When someone commits there is always a new thread or two started specifically about them. Probably about as close as you will get to getting a text message :)

Jones is committing tonight so we'll see the choice if we're truly involved.
Can I ask a dumb question on Dezi Jones… how is he a Junior eligibility-wise? He went to junior college 2 years prior to two years at quinnipiac. Or did he just attend junior college and not play?

We do know that. We've eaten scholarships both of Ben's seasons.
The post was we can’t give them away. We don’t know if we can’t give them away if we haven’t TRIED to use them. That’s the point.

When someone commits there is always a new thread or two started specifically about them. Probably about as close as you will get to getting a text message :)
🤬Back to checking multiple times an hour…😏

Last edited:

Can I ask a dumb question on Dezi Jones… how is he a Junior eligibility-wise? He went to junior college 2 years prior to two years at quinnipiac. Or did he just attend junior college and not play?
I'd guess the COVID year.

19-20 - FR
20-21 - COVID
21-22 - SO
22-23 - JR

Random thought. Would AJ Plitzuweit even need a scholarship? His mom is an employee, so he’d already go to school for free 🤔🤔
No, I looked this up. I thought tgis used to be employees benefit. It is only for the employee, not their kids. He would qualify for in state tuition though….. come on Dawn!

No, I looked this up. I thought tgis used to be employees benefit. It is only for the employee, not their kids. He would qualify for in state tuition though….. come on Dawn!
That’s odd. It must have just changed, I have friends who went to school for free because their parents were professors

That’s odd. It must have just changed, I have friends who went to school for free because their parents were professors
No tuition benefits in the UofM system for children of faculty and staff going back over 20 years. I can't speak for before that time or the Minnesota State system, but I would highly doubt it.

Most (all?) private schools in Minnesota do have an arrangement that children of faculty and staff can go to school tuition free to the parents work institution or the participating other private institutions but the catch is the student still has to be admitted just like other students.

TF do you know this?
Do I know he picked Austin Peay over a committable offer from us? Common sense? I know we're very down on this program on this board. As we should be in many cases. But we aren't losing out to Austin Peay on transfers if we're truly going after them. That's simply a fact. We may lose out to schools we shouldn't, Austin Peay isn't one of them.

Top Bottom