2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

Well ... and an Offensive

The tOSU OL is letting everyone through.

A lot of that is on the OC and the blocking scheme. OSU keeps going 3-4 wide like they have all season, but that leaves big gaps for the blitzing safety/LB. Most inexperienced QBs can't handle that. If I was the Mizzou DC, I'd continue to send numbers every play until OSU proves they can beat it

A lot of that is on the OC and the blocking scheme. OSU keeps going 3-4 wide like they have all season, but that leaves big gaps for the blitzing safety/LB. Most inexperienced QBs can't handle that. If I was the Mizzou DC, I'd continue to send numbers every play until OSU proves they can beat it
Yeah I can buy into that.

What I don't get is a couple times they pulled an OL and had him block for the runner ran to the edge and had success .... but then we don't see that again.

Like ... give it a shot again.

I think it is weird to have a bowl game named for a stadium .... that you choose to NOT play in ... while it sits empty.

Kienholz being the no 13 dual threat Qb out of South Dakota could have gone anywhere but he ate the forbidden fruit signing with Ohio state. They are looking for a portal QB. Not always best to sign with a helmet school!

Kienholz being the no 13 dual threat Qb out of South Dakota could have gone anywhere but he ate the forbidden fruit signing with Ohio state. They are looking for a portal QB. Not always best to sign with a helmet school!
You take your shot .... I gotta think he knew it was a somewhat long shot.

He said Washington Huskies offered him more money but wanted to play for Ohio state.

I just checked the OSU score for the first time and saw that state line. What in the name of Iowa football is going on in that game?

Part of the scuttlebutt about McCord leaving was that Kienholz was progressing rapidly, getting second team reps and McCord was looking over his shoulder.

Part of the scuttlebutt about McCord leaving was that Kienholz was progressing rapidly, getting second team reps and McCord was looking over his shoulder.
And Devin Brown is staying put?

Missouri is not intimidated by Ohio State. Two years ago the Missouri RB was in DII, last year walk on @ Missouri this year voted 8th for Heisman.

Last edited:

Offseason talk will be about Ohio State slipping.

Glad Perich stuck with MN! Day tried to poach him last second! Picking a helmet school is not always the right choice!

Day's play calling tonight is idiotic. Mizzou brings 6 every time OSU goes into the spread and the young QB can't handle it.
He's emulating someone we know, stubborn and keeps trying the same plays, to no avail.

Top Bottom