2023-24 Other Bowl Games Thread

That Schrader for Missouri, impressive. Great story.

Ohio state looked like bleep. On offense, 203 yards. Gave up over 200 yards rushing. Never mind it’s an exhibition. Is Day on the hot seat if things go less than perfectly next year in a suddenly more competitive at the top Big Ten.

That Schrader for Missouri, impressive. Great story.

Ohio state looked like bleep. On offense, 203 yards. Gave up over 200 yards rushing. Never mind it’s an exhibition. Is Day on the hot seat if things go less than perfectly next year in a suddenly more competitive at the top Big Ten.
I’d say tOSU would have to be in 8-9 win season for his rump to get toasty.

Last edited:

This is what an Iowa vs Iowa game would look like.
We already had an Iowa vs. Iowa game when we played them.

Parity baby! Missouri has a much better quarterback on this day and wins! Ohio State wasn’t able to stack great quarterbacks three deep. A transfer then an injury and the result is yuck!

How sucky was it to play on Ohio State’s defense? You hold a very good offense scoreless for most of the game and finally wear down because your offense did absolutely nothing all day.

And the horrible news of all those people trapped in pain at the Cotton Bowl.
Have to say after watching that I've had ill feelings toward players for the first time.

Funny thing is that I didn't have any against Athan who bailed for all intents and purposes the same as the OH-IO State starter.

This must be driving the coaches nuts.

The portal and the opt-outs have really put a damper on bowl season. Full-strength tOSU and full-strength Mizzou would probably have been a really awesome and exciting game.

The portal is really leaving lots of teams with one qb option, obviously. I thought Minnesota was bad for not having enough ready QBs on the roster, but Ohio State, seriously! Maybe will encourage coaches to get No. 2 in occasionally during the season.

Could be.

Makes me wonder about the competency of Franklin/PSU at developing them as well.
If the gophers don’t blow that game at the end against Barkley and McSorely
The entire trajectory of the big ten is different.
Penn state doesn’t win the 2016 conference title…is Franklin still the coach?

Interesting what if

Could get ugly for the top of the Big Ten
True. I do think Ole Miss was a really bad matchup for Penn state. Especially with their best CB opting out. And Ohio state played their JV offense. But I am more confident in my Alabama pick than I was 3 days ago

True. I do think Ole Miss was a really bad matchup for Penn state. Especially with their best CB opting out. And Ohio state played their JV offense. But I am more confident in my Alabama pick than I was 3 days ago

Always some effect from the transferees and draft hopefuls. Have to think there is some of that on both sides. Ohio State was bulldozed in the second half by a team with a much thinner bench. Pathetic showing.

Michigan, well. Let’s see what happens.

Well, thankfully I can turn off the Georgia game before the coin flip due to that dumb ass fsu chant.

Regular season records don't seem to matter as much during this Bowl Season. It's whether or not your regular QB is available to play. Really felt for that Freshman playing QB for tOSU. Even his receivers ignored him on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Georgia QB Beck - 399 attempts 289 completions for 3,748 yards 22 TD 6 Int QB Rating 166.3

FSU QB Glenn - 25 attempts 10 completions for 90 yards no TDS or INT QB Rating 70.2

If the Georgia-FSU game won't make the NCAA revisit the whole portal thing, I don't know what will. Highly-billed game turns into crap because of the exodus from FSU.

Why they're at it try and fix the Head Coaches musical chairs. At least the ones who take off while they have a valid contract.

Though the Court's ruling on that started the whole portal thing.

Once No. 4 Alabama was installed against No. 1 Michigan in the college football semifinals, it was certain the game on the “undercard,” No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas, was going to have attention issues.

1703981683344.png

Top Bottom