2023-2024 Gophers Basketball Schedule Thread

What a great representation of the current state of the program, straight from the coaching staff.

I'm guessing we were uninvited.
I'll guess you are wrong. We are in the Big Ten. (they ain't kicking Big Ten teams out) We finished last a long time ago....nothing to see there. Nothing other than our decision we are afraid to compete.
Only thing that makes sense is we were chickenshit. Most any other explanation I can conjure up would be a BS spin answer....like yours.
It fits with the philosophy to recruit 8 or 9 guys because he wants to play 7 and you can't keep any more quality players than that happy....so the last 4 or 5 spots go to walk ons and Jack Wilson types.
It fits with last seasons pre season schedule and this year is likely even softer it appears.
It is not a championship mentality. You play quality opponents and you force your team to raise it's level of play. Play crappy teams and build and create bad habits.

I wonder if it’s because of the Las Vegas Grand Prix is that same weekend and hotel rooms are awful expensive, if you can find one.

I was in Vegas in March to watch some hoops and there was lots of extra road construction going on to get ready for that race… pretty amazing

Looking forward to a schedule of VMI, Lamar, Delaware State, Green Bay, IUPUI and Mississippi Valley State. And whoever projects to be the shittiest Big East team if we are in Gavitt Games.

I am too. We need to develop the chemistry and get on a confidence building roll. Tougher OOC games can come in future years. Know where you are comIng from as well as where you are going.

Dodging the competition isn’t a good look for a team with any confidence.
Building confidence is needed. If Coyle pulled us from the Continental Tire then he is smarter than I thought. It was a good move. Yeah I’d rather play UST than go there.m this year.

I'll guess you are wrong. We are in the Big Ten. (they ain't kicking Big Ten teams out) We finished last a long time ago....nothing to see there. Nothing other than our decision we are afraid to compete.
Only thing that makes sense is we were chickenshit. Most any other explanation I can conjure up would be a BS spin answer....like yours.
It fits with the philosophy to recruit 8 or 9 guys because he wants to play 7 and you can't keep any more quality players than that happy....so the last 4 or 5 spots go to walk ons and Jack Wilson types.
It fits with last seasons pre season schedule and this year is likely even softer it appears.
It is not a championship mentality. You play quality opponents and you force your team to raise it's level of play. Play crappy teams and build and create bad habits.
I think the tournament committee looked at the team and said "thanks, but we're looking for D1 teams."

I am too. We need to develop the chemistry and get on a confidence building roll. Tougher OOC games can come in future years. Know where you are comIng from as well as where you are going.

We had a shitty OOC schedule last year and then saw what happened.

Looking forward to a schedule of VMI, Lamar, Delaware State, Green Bay, IUPUI and Mississippi Valley State. And whoever projects to be the shittiest Big East team if we are in Gavitt Games.

Ben's just trying to get enough non-conference wins to keep his job through the entire season

10-1 non-conference, 6-14 B1G = a winning season and year 4.
No chance 6-14 keeps the job unless there is some obviously compelling reason to believe there is growth in the program. Non con means nothing if it’s 300 plus teams.

No chance 6-14 keeps the job unless there is some obviously compelling reason to believe there is growth in the program. Non con means nothing if it’s 300 plus teams.
I hope you're right, but I fear you're not.

One guess I would make is the Gophers pulling out of the Vegas tournament means we’ll be in the Gavitt Games. A road game at Butler, DePaul, Georgetown, or Seton Hall seems likely.
We are trying to host a Multi team event. Which I believe precludes us from participating…. But I would think your more knowledgeable in that department.

We are trying to host a Multi team event. Which I believe precludes us from participating…. But I would think your more knowledgeable in that department.
Interesting. US Bank? If they bring in a couple decent teams, I’d be interested.

He would need a top 10 or 15 recruiting class this fall to make 6 wins work- even then it might not work.

Interesting. US Bank? If they bring in a couple decent teams, I’d be interested.
I only know they are trying. I like that the idea though. I’d like to get em to Williams. But hey there is the Armory that is cool and has some Bball history too.

One guess I would make is the Gophers pulling out of the Vegas tournament means we’ll be in the Gavitt Games. A road game at Butler, DePaul, Georgetown, or Seton Hall seems likely.
Do you expect a home and home to be added with the Mississippi State series finishing up last season?

It’s year 3, we shouldn’t be dodging anybody. This the year we should be playing tougher non con opponents. Candy ass, cupcakes schedules don’t cut it.

Top Bottom