2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Youngstown State over Green Bay at half 42-38
Green Bay without their leading scorer, Noah Reynolds, for some reason.

Sparty ahead of Illinois near the end of the half. Akins gets a T for taunting the Illinois bench after a made three. Izzo apoplectic on him. His feelings may be hurt.

Wow! Green Bay, without their best player, hits a 3 with about 2.5 seconds left to win 84-83. Play was drawn up out of a time out. Very impressive win on the road over 2nd place Youngstown State.

Good Lord Underwood just comes across as a complete prick on the sideline.

Good win for MSU. Positive outcome for the Gophers.

Wisconsin and Illinois have already gone down today....bet Purdue is really happy they are playing at home tonight.

So much parity from top to bottom in the Big Ten......

Average B1G team > Top 2 team in B1G East?

The people are wondering

It's just funny to see people swiping at the Big Ten (mostly people trying to discount Minnesota's wins). Both UNC and Duke have lost to Georgia Tech. Arizona has lost to Oregon State. In the Big East.....Marquette is 1-2 against Big Ten teams while BE #3, Seton Hall is 0-2.....with losses against bottom half Iowa and Rutgers teams. SEC leading Alabama is also 0-2 against the Big Ten (Purdue and Ohio State!).

There's plenty of parity around college basketball. Not just the Big Ten.

Tschetter would be a nice replacement for Garcia (if he leaves). Leads the nation in 3pt %, plays hard, doesn’t seem to mind a reserve role if that’s what is asked of him. Has competed well in the big ten.

I think he’d fit the team/culture well. I don’t think Tschetter will stay at Michigan with the likely departure of Howard and the nose dive of that program.

Tschetter would be a nice replacement for Garcia (if he leaves). Leads the nation in 3pt %, plays hard, doesn’t seem to mind a reserve role if that’s what is asked of him. Has competed well in the big ten.

I think he’d fit the team/culture well. I don’t think Tschetter will stay at Michigan with the likely departure of Howard and the nose dive of that program.

Boo. Let's hope for someone better if Garcia moves on.

It's just funny to see people swiping at the Big Ten (mostly people trying to discount Minnesota's wins). Both UNC and Duke have lost to Georgia Tech. Arizona has lost to Oregon State. In the Big East.....Marquette is 1-2 against Big Ten teams while BE #3, Seton Hall is 0-2.....with losses against bottom half Iowa and Rutgers teams. SEC leading Alabama is also 0-2 against the Big Ten (Purdue and Ohio State!).

There's plenty of parity around college basketball. Not just the Big Ten.

The Big 10 is down. It just is what it is. Nobody is trying to discredit Minnesota's wins. We have 3 good wins in conference. Those would be good wins no matter what the year. Beating MD and Michigan just doesn't mean as much this year.

Also, saying the Big 10 is down, doesn't mean it is bad. Based on how the league has been in the past, this is just a down year.

Another game of 2 conference leaders tonight as Boise State visits Utah State. The Aggies better regroup quick after 2 straight losses. The Broncos also coming off as loss. Both sitting at 7-3 in the Mountain West.
(Was convinced Green Bay was going to lose sole possession of 1st in the Horizon earlier today. Shows you what I know.)

The Big 10 is down. It just is what it is. Nobody is trying to discredit Minnesota's wins. We have 3 good wins in conference. Those would be good wins no matter what the year. Beating MD and Michigan just doesn't mean as much this year.

Also, saying the Big 10 is down, doesn't mean it is bad. Based on how the league has been in the past, this is just a down year.

In terms of high end teams.....yeah.....the Big Ten is definitely down in that regard. On the other hand....outside of Michigan....there really aren't any dogshit teams. Even the lower teams in the Big Ten standings have managed wins over teams ranking highly in other power conferences. So again.....yeah the ceiling is a bit lower this year. But I'd say that the floor is also higher.

Yeah and marquette won at illinois

And they beat Kansas who beat tennesse who beat Wisconsin. If we are going go down random rabbit holes

So Marquette IS 1-2 against the Big Ten this year. Interesting. Maybe a middle of the pack team in a down Big Ten?

Top Bottom