2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

I love college basketball, I truly do (and much more so than the NBA). But it took nearly 25 minutes of real time to play the final 42 seconds of that game. There were 4 timeouts, 3 possession reviews, an injury stoppage and multiple fouls. College hoops needs to clean up how the end of their games play out. It’s always been an issue with the constant fouling, but add in the incessant reviews of any borderline play and the game becomes unwatchable.
I would rather the refs get every call wrong than to ever go to the monitor.

I love college basketball, I truly do (and much more so than the NBA). But it took nearly 25 minutes of real time to play the final 42 seconds of that game. There were 4 timeouts, 3 possession reviews, an injury stoppage and multiple fouls. College hoops needs to clean up how the end of their games play out. It’s always been an issue with the constant fouling, but add in the incessant reviews of any borderline play and the game becomes unwatchable.
And I imagine 52 commercial breaks. "And we'll be right back after this."

I agree typically but that ends was so bizarre with the random mishaps some of it had to happen.

They didnt look too long at the first two reviews. Probably could have skipped the first cause it was clearly out on Butler but it wasnt too bad.

Then unfortunately the one dude nearly got his eye ripped out of his head. At first I thought he was acting to sell the foul instead of a tie up. But then we saw the replay and eventually his eye. Dude got smoked. Refs probably could have establlished that with the blood theres no way hes gonna be allowed to shoot a little quicker tho.

The last play was definitely unneccessary and imo wrong anyways. They never should have called a tie up the Butler kid clearly got it quickly. And even so, it was clear they blew whistle at .5. Why they spent time looking at that multiple times idk.

Arkansas looks like they will give up more points today than in any of their other games this year. Getting beat by LSU

CBS Sports calling this a historic weekend in regular season; first time ever four games featuring two teams in AP Top Ten. Games originating from four different states and four different conferences:

Saturday: #4 Houston at #8 Kansas, #7 Duke at #3 UNC, #5 Tennessee at #10 Kentucky.
Sunday: #2 Purdue at #6 wisconsin.

And conveniently, all at different times.

After his second technical for violating the coaching box, Drew gets booted from Baylor Iowa State. Bench follows with another almost immediate technical. Iowa goes from 12 down to four up in about two minutes. Unbelievable.

After his second technical for violating the coaching box, Drew gets booted from Baylor Iowa State. Bench follows with another almost immediate technical. Iowa goes from 12 down to four up in about two minutes. Unbelievable.
And the camera looks like it is mounted on the midcourt scoreboard

These replays are so obnoxious. He didn’t get it off on time.

Yes. Human element.

I also think today's officiating has become lazy (in all sports) because they know they have replay to bail them out.
Take the “flagrant” called today. You call it, you can review it, you don’t call it, you can’t.

So it’s a CYA to just call anything suspect as a flagrant just to give you the opportunity to review and get it right.

Get ready to play in Pauley Pavillion 8 on 5.

UCLA has been in bonus plus for a long time and have 4 fouls called against them vs. Oregon in a pretty physical game.

There is 1:22 left in the game.

Top Bottom