2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

James Madison going after their 14th win against 7-6 Louisiana. TJ Bickerstaff of the Dukes is the nephew of JB
6’9” 16.2 points and 8.3 rebounds

Only reading the summary, I think the Irish have a long way to go to match our meltdown against Missouri.

Idk they had a guy(their actual 1 talented player) fall flat on his face dribbling the ball out of bounds for a shot clock violation/out of bounds TO.

Another couldnt face the trap D. Another time they were stumbling from the trap D and one ND player randomly called TO to save him a TO but Strewsberry didnt even know what was going on. Immediately after that same player gets ball on the in bounds and literally runs with it for a travel.

2 missed 1 and 1s. One of them was when Nc State guy fouled with 8 seconds left in a tie game not knowing it was tied.

I also watched them have 4 clock violations in the first 6 possessions against marquette. Me and 4 friends could find a way to launch 3 shots in 6 possessions. I think strewsberry might be overratd and capitalized. There is a lack of talent and then there is what ND is.

They bullied IU and we bullied them. I know that kind of "boxing math" doesn't always mean anything, but that made me feel good about our squad.
Yeah, the transitive property wins rarely seem to work out in real life, but that game gave me hope about our squad. The one thing that really stood out between those two games was the effectiveness of Tominaga. Carrington locked him down and he torched IU. My app wouldn’t allow me to crop it down enough, so it includes Williams in both screenshots below.

24702EE2-EF31-4724-9640-34A43688B4BC.jpeg4656D39A-A0CF-41D2-ACC5-28F7AC465134.jpeg

Detroit Mercy still seeking their 1st win this season as they take on Green Bay today. They’ve been close a few times early in the season.
Mike Davis desperately needs another college age child that can hoop. There’s a Davis on the squad, but don’t think he’s Mike’s son.
Dang, been to a Final Four. Been in the tournament 9 times. That Titan job must be rough.

MSU delivering a beat down to Penn State. Up by about 30 with around 14 minutes left.

12 minutes left in the first and #1Purdue is up 20-4 on #9 Illinois

Edey takes a break at the under 12 and it gets to 24-15 with 8:44 left.

12 minutes left in the first and #1Purdue is up 20-4 on #9 Illinois

Edey takes a break at the under 12 and it gets to 24-15 with 8:44 left.

Five minutes later.....Illinois fought back to a 24-21 game. Resilient team.

Sparty might be turning the ship in midstream.
Yeah, 90-ish points in league play is nothing to sneeze at. After seeing them a month or so ago not being able to make jump shots, I admit I didn't see this kind of production coming.

Marquette @ Seton Hall
NC @ Clemson
Miss State @ South Carolina
Kentucky @ Florida
St John’s @Villanova
TCU @ Kansas
Providence @ Creighton
Virginia @ NC State
Miami @ Wake Forest
Ole Miss @ Tennessee
Iowa State @ Oklahoma
Utah @ Arizona
Texas Tech @ Texas
Colorado State @ Utah State
Cincinnati @ BYU
Oregon State @ Washington State
Wyoming @ New Mexico
Samford (12-2) @ The Citadel
Wright State @ Ft Wayne (13-2)
West Virginia @ Houston (13-0)
St Louis @ George Mason (13-2)
Harvard @ Princeton (12-1)
McNeese (11-2) @ Texas A&M Commerce
James Madison (14-0) @ Southern Miss
FAU @ Charlotte
Sacramento State @ St Thomas
Grand Canyon (13-1) @ Utah Tech

Marquette getting all they can handle from Seton Hall. Tied with six minutes to go.

Seton holds on in a pretty exciting and near meltdown on last two minutes. Three in a row over top 25. Big East is the real deal.

Last edited:

South Carolina goes to 13-1 with win over Mississippi State. Lamont Paris 11-21 last year, his first as Gamecocks head coach.
Cooper with 7 assists, 4 points. Missed a couple of free throws at the end to make it exciting.

Like to watch Houston. Not to see if they are going to win, but to see if the opposition scores over 50 points. West Virginia did get 55 points, Houston had 89.
They turn you over 18 times a game and keep theirs under 10

Marquette getting all they can handle from Seton Hall. Tied with six minutes to go.

Seton holds on in a pretty exciting and near meltdown on last two minutes. Three in a row over top 25. Big East is the real deal.
With the exception of DePaul and Georgetown, any other team can win the Big East. Each game is a meat grinder.

Thought James Madison would remain unbeaten the longest. Maybe not as they are down to Southern Miss by 15 right now with about 15 minutes left.

Wisconsin looks scary good right now, I never thought I'd say that with Gard as their HC. They'll be a tough game for everyone this year.

James Madison loses to Southern Miss, 81-71
Leaves 2 teams still left undefeated. Houston won earlier today and Ole Miss plays @ Tennessee today.

South Carolina goes to 13-1 with win over Mississippi State. Lamont Paris 11-21 last year, his first as Gamecocks head coach.
Cooper with 7 assists, 4 points. Missed a couple of free throws at the end to make it exciting.
If you didn't know, Paris was an assistant at Wisconsin under both Ryan and Gard before getting the job at TN-Chattanooga, and now SoCar.

Top Bottom