2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Are you saying that seems high or low? They're obviously a good team. Imagine if they had P6 talent.
Don't know much about the program outside of their history back in the day, seemed high to me. But I've been impressed watching them. Looks like they've improved a ton over the past 3 years.

Cooper's South Carolina team beat Florida A&M handily.
He didn't have a field goal, 0-4, but did hit a couple of free throws.

Houston just never, never takes a break defensively. Doubles at every oppurtunity. Always in good position. Leading Penn 39-17
Penn with 1 two point basket.
Kelvin says "Our philosophy is 5 people guard the ball".

Ohio State blowing a big lead against West Virginia in the first half. Our man Battle appears to be struggling.

Buckeyes up 2 at half.

OT. Buckeyes poorly execute last possession with a chance to win.

Plethora of missed free throws in OT but OSU holds on for a B1G power 5 win. They are not a good team closing out games.

Last edited:

I hope you are not referring to Smart. He might be the biggest jerk coaching men’s basketball. Just a notch above McCaffery at Iowa
I hope you are not referring to Smart. He might be the biggest jerk coaching men’s basketball. Just a notch above McCaffery at Iowa.
Always looking to learn and this would be a surprise given Shaka’s history. Please share more detail…

St. Thomas routs North Dakota 70-45 in Grand Forks. Tommies have won all 3 of their Summit League openers as a Division I program.

Perennial powers NDSU & ORU both lose their conference opener to expected bottom-feeders. The Summit League looks wide open, unlike last season when ORU ran roughshod over everyone.

Tommies NET ranking improves from #181 to #143. Early 1st-place battle at Schoenecker Arena at 2 p.m. New Year’s Eve vs. Kansas City. Former Gopher assistant coach Joe Esposito is now an assistant for the ‘Roos.
Went to my first St. Thomas game today.

Decent crowd. The PA guy with the fake voice is too much for me.

I felt like I was walking into the cool kids party surrounded by people who wanted to be seen.

Tommies missed a boatload of bunnies in the first half and Kangaroos had better athleticism, but St. Thomas started making shots and turned it into a route.

At least two starters were introduced as grad students.

Definitely a low major game. Players are smaller and slower than what we usually see. Tommies were fundamentally sound. Few turnovers and might have had 25 points off turnovers.

Went to my first St. Thomas game today.

Decent crowd. The PA guy with the fake voice is too much for me.

I felt like I was walking into the cool kids party surrounded by people who wanted to be seen.

Tommies missed a boatload of bunnies in the first half and Kangaroos had better athleticism, but St. Thomas started making shots and turned it into a route.

At least two starters were introduced as grad students.

Definitely a low major game. Players are smaller and slower than what we usually see. Tommies were fundamentally sound. Few turnovers and might have had 25 points off turnovers.
Good recap. 3 grad student starters.

Really good balance today, and that was without getting much (5 points) from leading scorer Parker Bjorklund. Only 4 turnovers.

Surgical in the second half. Kansas City had no answer on either end of the court.

All alone at the top of the Summit after two games. Good start. Fun brand of ball to watch. South Dakota State (1-0) the only other unbeaten.

Good recap. 3 grad student starters.

Really good balance today, and that was without getting much (5 points) from leading scorer Parker Bjorklund. Only 4 turnovers.

Surgical in the second half. Kansas City had no answer on either end of the court.

All alone at the top of the Summit after two games. Good start. Fun brand of ball to watch. South Dakota State (1-0) the only other unbeaten.
Bless dem Catlicks! 🙏

BIG teams in action today
Purdue @ Maryland
Iowa @ wisconsin
Northwestern @ Illinois
Season is heating up.

Fan of Ray, to start out the year on the right note, thanks for your research on games and stats. I suppose it’s all available to us if we research it, but your work in put it into one easy place to see and analyze is helpful for those of us without the time or zeal to do it ourselves.

Thanks!

Henley's Blue Demons get worked over by UConn 85-56. Jaden was 2 for 10 for 4 points.
Georgetown next, so could improve on the 3 win total.

Florida Atlantic with Gopher cast off Bryan Greenlee beats East Carolina in one that was close until the last few minutes. Greenlee was on the floor late, hit a couple threes and had a couple nice assists along with a bad pass in crunch time.

Jimmy Dykes is still a jerk and it was a mistake kicking Greenlee to the curb too soon.

Top Bottom