2023-2024 College Basketball Other Games Thread

yea just turned on the Nova Maryland game and had to rub my eyes to make sure I was reading the 49-19 score correctly

yea just turned on the Nova Maryland game and had to rub my eyes to make sure I was reading the 49-19 score correctly

We only play Maryland once this season but I'd love to get payback for the three losses against them last season.

I’m sure it’s just the setting, but that Pentagon court looks small. Like a few feet short.

Reactions: Rex

Gosh, I was going to try and follow or at least pay some attention to the South Carolina- DePaul game last night. Couldn't do it because of residual effects from Thursday's debacle.
Gamecocks 74 and the Blue Demons 68.
Cooper with 31 minutes, 9 points, 5 assists, 2 turnovers. 4 of 6 at the stripe and 2 of 6 on FG
Kid Kool-Aid off the bench with 16 minutes, 4 points on 1 of 5 shooting. 2 of 2 at the line and 2 turnovers.

I’m sure it’s just the setting, but that Pentagon court looks small. Like a few feet short.
Oregon State is not good (to understate it) but that's a 20 point neutral court power conference win for Nebraska. Think they've had all 5 games with D efficiencies under 100; with how soft the middle/lower-middle of the conference has looked my intrigue level in them is slightly raised.

BIG Games today
Northwestern vs Mississippi State @ Mohegan Sun Arena
Indiana vs UCONN @ MSG
Western Michigan @ Ohio State
Alcon State @ Michigan State
Southern @ Illinois

Last edited:

KenPom Preseason Rank followed by current rank.

1. Purdue - 2
13. Michigan State - 25
19. Illinois - 31
20. Wisconsin - 42
22. Maryland - 56
35. Ohio State - 49
40. Northwestern - 55
44. Michigan - 36
49. Indiana - 73
50. lowa - 38
58. Nebraska - 45
59. Rutgers - 63
85. Penn State - 75
112. Minnesota - 103

The projected top half of the league has been awful. Bottom half better than expected.

This BIG non con is a disaster. They might as a collective unit have 1 win against a tournament team so far

Minnesota kicked the shit out of Missouri in such a way as to make a winless Jackson State win on the road at Missouri.

Missouri just blew a six point lead with less than a minute to play against Jackson State.

They used up all their good fortune on Thursday.

It's one early season game, not a best of five. Who cares? I'm old enough to remember when DII Chaminade beat #1 Virginia with Ralph Sampson in a holiday tournament.

It's going to end up being a bad loss in the only OOC game of note. We should absolutely care, given the context of how the game played out and what Missouri did today.

Top Bottom