2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

Some random transfer player thoughts...

• Eric Hunter Jr (Purdue, CG): Still think he's the perfect fit that seems within reason to round out our starting lineup. Hope Ben is leveraging that pre-existing relationship to reach out there
  • Grant Sherfield (Nevada, CG): Seems like a pipe dream, but he has to be trying to find a HM school after runs at Wichita St and Nevada and he was once very interested in Minnesota. I wonder if we've tried to make contact?
  • Jaren Holmes (St Bonaventure, CG): Big physical guard who can pretty much do it all with 1 year of eligibility remaining like Hunter. He's from the midwest and is currently on a visit to Iowa State, so I'm wondering if Minnesota would be a school he would be interested in? By all means, he'd be a fantastic get
  • Kerwin Walton (UNC, Wing): I don't think he's a realistic option at this point but I certainly don't see him getting more than 6-8 minutes a night (or even play in a majority of their games) next season should he decide to stay. I don't think their coach is suddenly going to change his tune on Walton with the same backcourt options in tact next season.

Tournament? Tournament?

MNVCGUY says no tourney talk until the culture is firmly established, perhaps by the 4th year.
Screw the ignore feature. Time to stick up for myself....

BarnBurner - if you are going to keep "quoting" me do you think you could at least take the time quote something I actually said as opposed to your delusional version of what you apparently think I said?

I don't know how you got it so twisted but it is pathetic how you keep posting the same BS over and over and over again while trying to attribute it to me. Move on.

BarnBurner - if you are going to keep "quoting" me do you think you could at least take the time quote something I actually said as opposed to your delusional version of what you apparently think I said?

I don't know how you got it so twisted but it is pathetic how you keep posting the same BS over and over and over again while trying to attribute it to me. Move on.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Go back and read YOUR own words about culture, and the ncaa.

Yeah I would like to see one more wing added to make me confident that they will at minimum be a bubble team. That wing needs to be able to defend the other teams best wing scorer imo more than being able to score. That defender type would really only need to be a decent enough shooter to keep teams honest. (Above 30% shooter). Now of course if you added another wing that can do that and add 12 ppg, then you are looking at a top 8 team in the B1G at minimum. Problem is those wings aren't very accessible and are being snagged up elsewhere by blue bloods.
Bubble team? STOP talking ncaa tourney. MNVCGUY says it takes time........and cant be done in year 2.

"100% agree. If in year 3-4 we still aren't seeing a decent level of success it becomes time to start worrying some."

MNVCGUY 3/3/22

"100% agree. If in year 3-4 we still aren't seeing a decent level of success it becomes time to start worrying some."

MNVCGUY 3/3/22
lol....I have no clue where to even start if you actually think that quote proves your point. I mean it isn't really worth trying to explain if you are that clueless.

Baylor Scheierman in the portal! SDSU Stud, Summit POY. 6'6 CG who can shoot and handle. Man that would be PERFECT! Hes from Nebraska if that matters ha
Never seen him play but based on that description I would think he will have a ton of options in the portal.

Never seen him play but based on that description I would think he will have a ton of options in the portal.
Being close to Brookings i saw a lot of him, hes legit. 47% 3pt shooter on big volume. 9r a game last year 7r a game this year. Summit isnt a great conference but he destroyed teams there.

I do know some locals, I have heard he happens to have a girlfriend at Mankato! But also that he wants to go to the NBA and if not hes looking for NIL money. I have 0 idea how we sit there but I have to think we arent close to the mid to upper 6 figure deals thats other schools are offering.

Time to ban? Slightly softer version of MPLSGopher who is understandably gone.

No comparison. Citidiot offered a lot of intelligent commentary. Good contributor to the boards. Barney is just a silly little twit who thinks he's funny gassing up an elevator. No value.

Could care less if he gets banned, I'm just sick of him making stuff up and claiming that I said it. That is just pathetic, especially from someone that is probably in their 60s (if we buy the 50+ years as a fan comments).

Baylor Scheierman in the portal! SDSU Stud, Summit POY. 6'6 CG who can shoot and handle. Man that would be PERFECT! Hes from Nebraska if that matters ha
No $hit?!! Is Aurora right outside of Omaha?
Dang he took a long time to decide to get in the portal. He will get a lot of schools after him.

No comparison. Citidiot offered a lot of intelligent commentary. Good contributor to the boards. Barney is just a silly little twit who thinks he's funny gassing up an elevator. No value.
I'll refrain. NM

Off track, but there is an AD Diedhiou in the portal. Gaston's brother? Both from Dakar, Senegal.
Edit: doesn't appear to be. He has a twin brother and a younger brother named Joe Philips-A

BUT, we are all forgetting we do have 3 wildcard "guards" in incoming freshmen.

My guess is that Ben is waiting on Walton. Garcia at minimum would be communicating with him.
The next guy depends on his decision because if we take this guy and get Walton we can't
take the shooter...but if Walton isn't coming then...scenarios like that, so we do nothing, waiting.

We took Cooper because he filled a need. Gets murky now OR nobody will say yes to us? Don't think that's it.
Yeah we could see. I think it's ok to not rush it unless they got a guy they are for sure comfortable. I think you are on to something with the 3 wildcards. One of them would likely be able to help quite a bit.

Some random transfer player thoughts...

• Eric Hunter Jr (Purdue, CG): Still think he's the perfect fit that seems within reason to round out our starting lineup. Hope Ben is leveraging that pre-existing relationship to reach out there
  • Grant Sherfield (Nevada, CG): Seems like a pipe dream, but he has to be trying to find a HM school after runs at Wichita St and Nevada and he was once very interested in Minnesota. I wonder if we've tried to make contact?
  • Jaren Holmes (St Bonaventure, CG): Big physical guard who can pretty much do it all with 1 year of eligibility remaining like Hunter. He's from the midwest and is currently on a visit to Iowa State, so I'm wondering if Minnesota would be a school he would be interested in? By all means, he'd be a fantastic get
  • Kerwin Walton (UNC, Wing): I don't think he's a realistic option at this point but I certainly don't see him getting more than 6-8 minutes a night (or even play in a majority of their games) next season should he decide to stay. I don't think their coach is suddenly going to change his tune on Walton with the same backcourt options in tact next season.
Sherfield is incredibly inefficient ball dominant guy. I doubt he gets a look here.

Interesting that this guy at least claims that Jones has shown mutual interest in the Gophers....

lol....I have no clue where to even start if you actually think that quote proves your point. I mean it isn't really worth trying to explain if you are that clueless.
You said it. Own it.

Or claim you didn’t mean what you clearly wrote. And meant.

Could care less if he gets banned, I'm just sick of him making stuff up and claiming that I said it. That is just pathetic, especially from someone that is probably in their 60s (if we buy the 50+ years as a fan comments).
Your quote. Nothing made up.

Except, of course, your denial of its meaning.

Being close to Brookings i saw a lot of him, hes legit. 47% 3pt shooter on big volume. 9r a game last year 7r a game this year. Summit isnt a great conference but he destroyed teams there.

I do know some locals, I have heard he happens to have a girlfriend at Mankato! But also that he wants to go to the NBA and if not hes looking for NIL money. I have 0 idea how we sit there but I have to think we arent close to the mid to upper 6 figure deals thats other schools are offering.
Someone start the NIL fund!

You said it. Own it.

Or claim you didn’t mean what you clearly wrote. And meant.
Not denying the quote, I will take your word for it that I actually typed those words on that day. However I am at a loss for how you can believe that quote somehow proves what you are claiming it does.

Again, if you want to quote me then quote things I actually said, don't put your weird ass interpretation on it and pretend like I said something I didn't.

I guarantee you I have never said a team can't make the tournament in year two. I guarantee I have also never said you can't discuss the NCAA tournament until year 4.

If you want to have a rational conversation through private messages I am all for it. But you need to let go of this sad vendetta you have against me and stop putting words in my mouth and pretending I said things that I didn't.

To the board - sorry for participating in this sad back and forth with BB. Just got sick of him fake quoting me in his trolling efforts.

Not denying the quote, I will take your word for it that I actually typed those words on that day. However I am at a loss for how you can believe that quote somehow proves what you are claiming it does.

Again, if you want to quote me then quote things I actually said, don't put your weird ass interpretation on it and pretend like I said something I didn't.

I guarantee you I have never said a team can't make the tournament in year two. I guarantee I have also never said you can't discuss the NCAA tournament until year 4.

If you want to have a rational conversation through private messages I am all for it. But you need to let go of this sad vendetta you have against me and stop putting words in my mouth and pretending I said things that I didn't.

To the board - sorry for participating in this sad back and forth with BB. Just got sick of him fake quoting me in his trolling efforts.
Fake quote? Nope, your own words. Stop blaming others for your own words.

And, your own “tournament talk” has switched gears over the past few weeks. Which is quite a change, don’t you think?

Interesting that this guy at least claims that Jones has shown mutual interest in the Gophers....
Tony is plugged in and doesn't overstate things. If Jones is still in the mix, I give kudos to both him and the staff for keeping the process quiet. For the record, I like Kerwin, but if Jones is saying yes, he would be first on my wishlist.

An MBA from Carlson would be worth way more than a pittance of NIL he might get at Stanford.:)

Top Bottom