2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

I hope Tony is right about Jones, I would take him in a heartbeat. I bet Ben makes a call to Baylor, he's now one of the top players in the portal. Would be stoked if we got him, feel bad for SDSU. His lady does go to Mankato, I'm sure he's looking to prove himself at a P6 to get drafted

I hope Tony is right about Jones, I would take him in a heartbeat. I bet Ben makes a call to Baylor, he's now one of the top players in the portal. Would be stoked if we got him, feel bad for SDSU. His lady does go to Mankato, I'm sure he's looking to prove himself at a P6 to get drafted
Get him an apartment in Jordan, Belle Plain or one of those towns along 169. Play Big Ten and stay in love.

Not denying the quote, I will take your word for it that I actually typed those words on that day. However I am at a loss for how you can believe that quote somehow proves what you are claiming it does.

Again, if you want to quote me then quote things I actually said, don't put your weird ass interpretation on it and pretend like I said something I didn't.

I guarantee you I have never said a team can't make the tournament in year two. I guarantee I have also never said you can't discuss the NCAA tournament until year 4.

If you want to have a rational conversation through private messages I am all for it. But you need to let go of this sad vendetta you have against me and stop putting words in my mouth and pretending I said things that I didn't.

To the board - sorry for participating in this sad back and forth with BB. Just got sick of him fake quoting me in his trolling efforts.
Don't worry, no one takes him serious. He's just here to troll

Don't worry, no one takes him serious. He's just here to troll
I know, problem is I have a desire to try and figure people out, so even though I know it is a complete waste of time....part of me wants to know if he really does have the reading comprehension skills of a 1st grader or if he is intentionally making up things I said in order to be an ahole. I mean I think it is number 2 but I'm not always certain..... :)

(apologies to any 1st graders who might be reading this forum)

Now getting back to our regularly scheduled 2022 Transfer Portal Discussion.....

An MBA from Carlson would be worth way more than a pittance of NIL he might get at Stanford.:)

Sure, but it's not worth any more than an MBA from Stanford.

I certainly hope he comes here. He was one of the transfer recruits I wanted most but, as I said soon after he dropped, the type of person who goes to Davidson likely also would look very favorably on a program like Stanford, Duke, or Vanderbilt. U of M is a great graduate school but it just doesn't have the same level of snob appeal as those.

Someone mentioned he has a personal reason to return to Minnesota. I certainly hope so!

Last edited:

I cringe picturing him ending up in Madison........

Baylor Scheierman in the portal! SDSU Stud, Summit POY. 6'6 CG who can shoot and handle. Man that would be PERFECT! Hes from Nebraska if that matters ha
This is a name I heard to MN three months ago. Take that with the smallest grain of salt. That was midseason though, he may have played his way to a better opportunity. But he'd be perfect and by far my #1 of any of the guards in the portal.

This is a name I heard to MN three months ago. Take that with the smallest grain of salt. That was midseason though, he may have played his way to a better opportunity. But he'd be perfect and by far my #1 of any of the guards in the portal.
Cooper
Schieierman
Battle
Fox
Garcia

That lineup not only puts us in the tournament, but puts us on the same page with any team in B10.....

I hope he's REALLY in love :)

Cooper
Schieierman
Battle
Fox
Garcia

That lineup not only puts us in the tournament, but puts us on the same page with any team in B10.....

That would be one heck of a starting 5 and there would be some decent depth on the bench as well. Seems like Schieierman is going to have his pick of schools but would be very cool if he ended up here to go along with what we already have in place.

Cooper
Schieierman
Battle
Fox
Garcia

Boy thats a dream scenario! That would be the most talented team since 2017 with the Coffey/Murphy group.

Let the Scheierman rumors begin! Few years ago Matt Mooney transfered from South Dakota and played in the national championship with former Timberwolves legend Jarret Culver at Texas Tech. TTU thinks they have a legit shot at Scheierman right now. Also hearing Purdue and his home state of Nebraska as well as Creighton. I just don't see him getting drafted right now, so I'm sure he'll be on P6 team soon.

I know, problem is I have a desire to try and figure people out, so even though I know it is a complete waste of time....part of me wants to know if he really does have the reading comprehension skills of a 1st grader or if he is intentionally making up things I said in order to be an ahole. I mean I think it is number 2 but I'm not always certain..... :)

(apologies to any 1st graders who might be reading this forum)

Now getting back to our regularly scheduled 2022 Transfer Portal Discussion.....
I've fallen into the same trap

So he's going to get feedback that tells him he needs to play better defense, then he's going to enter the portal by Sunday? He needs the "negative" feedback as an "excuse" to enter the portal?

Last edited:

So he's going to get feedback that tells him he needs to play better defense, then he's going to enter the portal by Sunday? He needs the "negative" feedback as an "excuse" to enter the portal?
I don't know how the NBA handles the whole prospect evaluation process but it isn't a horrible idea to go get some additional feedback on what you need to work on in order to improve your draft stock.

Feels like he is intent on sticking it out at North Carolina but maybe he lands in the portal in the next few days. At this point anything could happen and it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know how the NBA handles the whole prospect evaluation process but it isn't a horrible idea to go get some additional feedback on what you need to work on in order to improve your draft stock.

Feels like he is intent on sticking it out at North Carolina but maybe he lands in the portal in the next few days. At this point anything could happen and it wouldn't surprise me.

So he needs the NBA draft process to tell him why he was benched at UNC? His coaches there didn't tell him?

It's amazing how much time, mental energy, and emotional investment around here is spent on analyzing every action, word, or rumor about Kerwin Walton. He's not a budding Eric Gordon or probably not even Derrick Walton who played about five years back for Michigan.

If he really is intent on "testing the NBA waters," then hard pass. We can't afford to wait that long.

Top Bottom