2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

We don’t need a scoring PG. We need a high IQ PG who is a capable 3 point shooter
I agree 100 percent, a guy that will drill it if he is left open but otherwise wants to facilitate the offense. You've got scorers in Battle, Garcia, and hopefully whoever the SG ends up being.

There must be more to it than that. All of the following are closer to Philadelphia (or in the Philly metro):

Temple
La Salle
St. Josephs
Villanova
Drexel
Rutgers
Delaware
Lehigh
Lafayette
Monmouth
Rider
Seton Hall
St. Peters

I left out a few (including two Ivy schools that don't give 5th year scholarships)

Now, maybe some of these programs might not have admitted him (Lafayette, Lehigh) or given him a scholarship (Villanova, Seton Hall) but that still leaves more than a few better programs that are closer to home. Maybe there's a personal connection here or maybe he wanted to try a historical black college after many years of going to very white schools (including his exclusive prep high school).
Sessoms mentioned in his top 6 rundown that he has friends at Coppin and he really likes Juan Dixon.

As impatient as I am, there hasn't been much movement 'into' the Big Ten as of yet.
Think this is what has happened so far.
Penn State with 2, Camren Wynter and Andrew Funk.
Nebraska with Sam Griesel.
Ohio State picked up Tanner Holden.
Wisconsin added Kamari McGee.
Illinois a while back got Dain Dainja.
Missing any? Just 6?

As impatient as I am, there hasn't been much movement 'into' the Big Ten as of yet.
Missing any? Just 6?

I think you covered it. I suppose most of the Big Ten potential transfer commits are waiting on visits.

Looking at this short list of commits, I realize that a place like Penn State has another geographical advantage on us. Both of their transfer commits came from in-state schools (Bucknell and Drexel) and those campus visits probably are pretty easy to arrange. Drexel is a bit of a drive from State College (maybe 3 hours and 15 minutes) but Bucknell is only an hour and 15 minutes. State College probably has a dozen or so D1 programs within 3 hours and 15 minutes. Ohio State picked up their transfer from a little over an hour away. They also would have a fair number of D1 programs within that 3 hours and 15 minute range. Certainly Rutgers would too.

The only D1 programs we have within that driving range are Iowa State and St. Thomas.

Missing any? Just 6?
Not a transfer, but Illinois got a commitment from 5 star point guard and Kentucky decommit Skyy Clark about a week ago.

Not sure I saw this posted last week but Jaelin Llewellyn to Clemson

Brad Brownell recruited him out of high school and has connections to his dad through one of his former assistants (who was a college teammate) and his former boss at UNC-Willmington, Jerry Wainwright, who was an assistant at Wake Forest where Jaelin's dad played his first year, before transferring to Rhode Island.

Brad Brownell recruited him out of high school and has connections to his dad through one of his former assistants (who was a college teammate) and his former boss at UNC-Willmington, Jerry Wainwright, who was an assistant at Wake Forest where Jaelin's dad played his first year, before transferring to Rhode Island.

Still hoping we see a Stewart commitment after he was in town this past weekend. Dawson would think is coming relatively shortly here.

Strong also in for a visit today.

This bleeding and re-stocking of the team on an annual basis is kind of fun, isn’t it?🤔
It helps to fill the void in sports between the end of March Madness and the NFL draft.

I don't follow NBA/MLB/NHL, so once the draft is over I'm out of luck until August.

This bleeding and re-stocking of the team on an annual basis is kind of fun, isn’t it?🤔
More fun this year than it was last year at this time. Last year we had no clue who was going to be on the court for the team when the season came around. This time there is at least a framework of returning players and incoming recruits to build around.

Gotta look on the bright-side man....it is way more fun that constantly seeking out the doom and gloom the way some do :)

Portal Commitment pace seems to be picking up and we have been linked to a lot of players. Only a matter of time till some things get locked in for the upcoming season.

Gotta look on the bright-side man....it is way more fun that constantly seeking out the doom and gloom the way some do :)

Portal Commitment pace seems to be picking up and we have been linked to a lot of players. Only a matter of time till some things get locked in for the upcoming season.

My nickname is ☀️ I’m about the least gloomy person/poster you’ll meet

All data portends to there being significant progress this week

Just a little harmless trolling

Top Bottom