2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

With Chucky Hepburn there, it would seem an odd choice.
Hope you are right. Hunter looks like a really good player so would like to see him somewhere outside the Big Ten unless he decides to shock the world and come here of course. :)

North Carolina I thought was a done deal . I doubt he ends up at any school in Wisconsin.

A.J. Green from Northern Iowa just dropped. You would have to think that Iowa or Iowa State would be strong favorites but you never know.

So let's say McIntosh or Strong commit this week....do the Gophers hold that last spot to see what Walton will do until the end of the month?

So let's say McIntosh or Strong commit this week....do the Gophers hold that last spot to see what Walton will do until the end of the month?
No, he needs to enter the portal now if he wants to be here. Come home Kerwin, to a team that actually appreciates you. My fear is he will be on the bench next year while Dawson leads us to the sweet 16 and Kerwin wonders "what if"

I know it's a huge if, but all 11 guys on the roster now have the ability to return in 2023-24 if they want. I know it's highly unlikely no one transfers out and/or everyone returns for their extra Covid year but it is possible. So wondering if they try to fill the last spot (assuming they land someone like McIntosh or Strong) with a 1 year depth player to ensure at least one open spot next off-season.

Probably not something to worry about but just a thought.

I don't think McIntosh is coming in anymore. He was supposed to meet with EP today with his fiance while on his visit and I guess they left the visit early. Probably coinciding with the Cooper commit. I assume Strong & a wing are up next
I know it's a huge if, but all 11 guys on the roster now have the ability to return in 2023-24 if they want. I know it's highly unlikely no one transfers out and/or everyone returns for their extra Covid year but it is possible. So wondering if they try to fill the last spot (assuming they land someone like McIntosh or Strong) with a 1 year depth player to ensure at least one open spot next off-season.

Probably not something to worry about but just a thought.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to learn how the dominoes were played (and will continue to be played) for both the team and the players involved. It is a mad game of musical chairs and all sides must be running through their odds of success with each domino placed.

I don't think McIntosh is coming in anymore. He was supposed to meet with EP today with his fiance while on his visit and I guess they left the visit early. Probably coinciding with the Cooper commit. I assume Strong & a wing are up next
Playa- you got the sources! I used to be more plugged in... I have lost most of my ins!

Playa- you got the sources! I used to be more plugged in... I have lost most of my ins!
Source on this is a teacher but I have no clue about any of the other guys. I just knew about this one bc his fiancé was getting a teaching opportunity

Purdue's Eric Hunter Jr. entered into the portal as of this afternoon. The missing piece for this roster imo... seasoned off guard with lots of big game experience who can be our defensive stalwart, hit open 3s at a reliable rate and put up 10 ppg for us.

Purdue's Eric Hunter Jr. entered into the portal as of this afternoon. The missing piece for this roster imo... seasoned off guard with lots of big game experience who can be our defensive stalwart, hit open 3s at a reliable rate and put up 10 ppg for us.
Agreed. One year guy.

Ben recruited him out of HS too and he took an official here. Hopefully the past relationship can pay off. Plus he's a lefty along with Battle and Garcia.

A.J. Green from Northern Iowa just dropped. You would have to think that Iowa or Iowa State would be strong favorites but you never know.
No inside information here. Just speculative hope.

It seems like Green will most likely go to Iowa State. In high school it seemed like Iowa State might have been the runner up to UNI. At UNI his dad was an assistant for his first few years. Now his dad is at Iowa State. Those are the obvious dots to connect.

Dark horse Minnesota: His dad has connections to the state. At least part of it is that he played at Hamline with Dave Thorson. Minnesota was the first to offer a scholarship back in high school.

If the kid was looking to get out of Iowa for a year, Minnesota might be the ideal landing spot.

Any news on Mike Jones? We have any shot on him? I think he is our best option and we would be fortunate to have him. I read Stanford is a favorite.

He would be a great addition….I prefer him over Stewart for sure!

A perfect 3 and D type guy we need!

Top Bottom