2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

I dont believe there is one team that begins each and every BB season without the goal of making the NCAA tournament, as you said. If you believe Underwood is the only catch that thinks this way, all righty then.

Match ups are great to talk about. Great for the bobo's to ramble about.

No lucky draws. St Peters.

Just win.
Making the tournament vs. having success in the tournament are two different things. I'll end my derailment of the thread, but felt that point should be made.

Speaking of Pitino's bad international big men, Bakary played for a Spanish team this season and was a pretty solid sub.
He was a solid sub as an upperclassmen here, he had Nick Punto syndrome, people hated him because he wasn't anything more than what he was, but he was far more serviceable than Gaston, just didn't become Gorgi Dieng Part Deux like everyone was hoping for

He was a solid sub as an upperclassmen here, he had Nick Punto syndrome, people hated him because he wasn't anything more than what he was, but he was far more serviceable than Gaston, just didn't become Gorgi Dieng Part Deux like everyone was hoping for

In the early part of his soph season (when he was the starter), he was developing a pretty nice hook shot. Then, he inexplicably went away from that. For his first 6 games, he averaged 7.2 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 1.7 blocks per game.

I really think he should have developed into a better player than he did and I blame part of that on the coach.

I don't recall Konate sliding into first base.

Speaking of Pitino's bad international big men, Bakary played for a Spanish team this season and was a pretty solid sub.
Yeah, Konate was definitely a serviceable big guy. Even Stockman was serviceable in his limited role (probably should have played more).

Yeah, Konate was definitely a serviceable big guy. Even Stockman was serviceable in his limited role (probably should have played more).

Stockman actually was pretty decent. There really wasn't much of a problem putting him on the floor for 20 minutes although he rarely played that much. Bakary's biggest problem in his latter years was that he was ridiculously foul prone (9.1 fouls per 40 minutes in his junior season and 6.4 per 40 in his career here).

Ok, so much for my favorite. Seen him in the portal and didn't know he is going to enter the draft. Thanks.
Let's get him then! A lot of players come back after getting feedback from scouts. Kenny Lofton Jr just declared for draft. His coach left and I'm sure he'll play for a P6 instead of staying at Louisiana Tech

Stockman came on strong the last 6-10 games of his last season here...he was a critical factor to our late season success. Much more than serviceable. He and Murphy got hurt and we were toast.

Off of the transfer portal, but on recruiting, I wonder if this staff has connections overseas. There are so many decent bigs in college basketball coming from other countries...
All the past Gopher example humor aside, I agree. See Arizona's loaded roster (ok not a proper comp), Boise State one key addition who made a big difference, U. San Francisco. A bunch of others eg. Davidson's Brajkovic who is really good. It just gets back to. . .who cares where the players are from. Need better players and big part of the job is recruiting.

All the past Gopher example humor aside, I agree. See Arizona's loaded roster (ok not a proper comp), Boise State one key addition who made a big difference, U. San Francisco. A bunch of others eg. Davidson's Brajkovic who is really good. It just gets back to. . .who cares where the players are from. Need better players and big part of the job is recruiting.

There certainly are a fair number of international players playing at US prep schools (and some high schools). I suspect most of the best internationals go the pro rather than college route but you still see a fair number at junior colleges and transferring from 4 year programs.

There certainly are a fair number of international players playing at US prep schools (and some high schools). I suspect most of the best internationals go the pro rather than college route but you still see a fair number at junior colleges and transferring from 4 year programs.
Imagine Luka Doncic in the ncaa, youngest ever euroleague mvp. Would have been cool to see Lamelo in the ncaa as well

The Arizona roster is full of international players.

Can you even go the prep route once you've already played at the pro level internationally?

Top Bottom