2022 Transfer Portal Discussion

Recently signed a contract extension.

Yeah I’m still betting he doesn’t finish that extension. If he does, Miami will be in a better place. Good guy and coach

I see the Portal has Jarvis Omersa back in it, current school listed as St. Thomas. Also Cashius McNeily going from TCU to Northern Oklahoma College- Tonkawa who participate in NJCAA II

Its always easy to see guys like Tre, Tyus, Roddy, Zeigler etc and go man how did we miss on those guys! On the other side of the coin there are just as many kids we missed on that turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The teams who master recruiting are the ones who thrive in the tournament. I hate Iowa/Wisc with a passion, but have to give them props for finding guys that fit their system and get them to the top of the league every year. Its easy to be a Duke/UK/KU/UNC and if you miss on 2 guys ohh well you have 6 more AA sitting there. Hopefully Ben crushes this spring and we can jump back into relevance here.

Mason Madsen from Rochester Mayo and Cincinati has also entered the portal

Edit:that was probably already posted somewhere

I see the Portal has Jarvis Omersa back in it, current school listed as St. Thomas. Also Cashius McNeily going from TCU to Northern Oklahoma College- Tonkawa who participate in NJCAA II
McNeilly was actually at that junior college this year, as he never materialized at TCU and committed to Danny Manning at Maryland. Will Kevin Willard honor the commitment?

Tulsa G- Sam Griffin, 15ppg, 33% 3pt shooting

He may have to sit although maybe not. Some transfers who were previous transfers and didn't sit are entering the portal again. This is one of the times that I hope the NCAA will stick to their rules. One free-for-all year can be an exception. Two in a row renders the rules meaningless.

Another freshman of the year leaving, 13.2ppg, 4.2rpg, 39% 3pt
Have to think that will be pretty common place for most non P5 conferences. And yes that is tough for those programs, but the portal works both ways. Look at Cal Fullerton, got a transfer from EJ Anosicke who was at Tenn for 1 year, boom they are in the tourney.

I know he's a local kid but he's been pretty underwhelming so far.
Gabe was the most coveted of the twins. He only played in two games in 20-21 before opting out. He transferred to Utah for this season and averaged under 7 points, 1 assist, 1 rebound per game this season.

Utah David Jenkins Jr. enters the portal. He played at South Dakota State, UNLV, and Utah. Looking for his fourth school

Utah David Jenkins Jr. enters the portal. He played at South Dakota State, UNLV, and Utah. Looking for his fourth school
I was REALLY high on him when he left SDSU, but it just hasnt worked since leaving there. Maybe a new coach and he could excel at the high major level, but to me he feels more like a guy who goes back to the mid-low major level and puts up better stats and plays more.

I was REALLY high on him when he left SDSU, but it just hasnt worked since leaving there. Maybe a new coach and he could excel at the high major level, but to me he feels more like a guy who goes back to the mid-low major level and puts up better stats and plays more.
Yeah, kind of a ball hog. Looks a little heavy to be honest. He followed Otz to UNLV, wonder if Otz didn't want him at ISU? Utah was all over the place this year with their lineups as they had 10 different players start a game from them. I would check their boxscores quite often with Madsen, Gach, and Jenkins Jr.

As of Tuesday morning, transfer portal is close to 600.

Leading outbound transfer schools:

Alabama State
11​
Hartford
9​
George Mason
7​
Green Bay
7​
La Salle
7​
Texas - Rio Grande Valley
7​
Western Carolina
7​
Ball State
6​
IUPUI
6​
Loyold Marymount
6​
New Hampshire
6​
North Dakota State
6​
Radford
6​
Rhode Island
6​
Southern MS
6​
Cal State Northridge
5​
Charleston Southern
5​
Eastern Illinois
5​
East Tennessee
5​
Northeastern
5​
Prairie View A&M
5​
Saint Joseph's
5​
South Dakota
5​
Tarleton State
5​
Tennessee Tech
5​
The Citadel
5​
Utah
5​

Alabama State's recruiting motto should be: "Whatever you do, we need you!"

Someone mentioned here that Hartford is transitioning to D3 so those high numbers make sense.

The evidence so far doesn't fill me with regret that we didn't hire Craig Smith.

AND, OF COURSE: MINNESOTA GOPHERS - 0 (so far anyway)

I guess they don't have an award for the greatest one-year decline in outbound transfers but we'd be a leading contender if they did.

Yeah, kind of a ball hog. Looks a little heavy to be honest. He followed Otz to UNLV, wonder if Otz didn't want him at ISU? Utah was all over the place this year with their lineups as they had 10 different players start a game from them. I would check their boxscores quite often with Madsen, Gach, and Jenkins Jr.

Smith's assistant Eric Peterson is now the coach at the University of South Dakota. I wonder what he and Jenkins relationship is like after one season together, and if he would possibly end up back in SD?

247 has a list of their top 10 transfers thus far. Few highlights, Aimaq can pretty much pick his school. Llewellyn has a big list but no one in the Kent/Duke/UNC/AZ range yet, gives me a tiny bit of hope. They have Joe Bamisile listed at #6, former GW shooting guard. I know we are in need of a PG more, but at some point just take good players. Hopefully Battle has an in with Bamisile from the GW days! Camren Wynter, CG from Drexel has heard from MN. 4.6 apg last year, really struggled shooting this year but previous year was quite good. Guessing he would be an easy sell in the Willis role.

Top Bottom