2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Big Ten wants to have white kids olay ball then expect to lose to the rest of the nation that embraced diversity. See Baylor over Gonzaga.

Georgia State up on Gonzaga. 13 minutes left.

So what’s everyone doing today? Took the rest of the week off, got the two TVs set up in the basement and the computer for a 3rd game. Buffalo chicken dip in the crockpot is about done and the beer is cold.

I took today and tomorrow off as well. Set up a third television so I can keep most games rolling at anytime.

I didn't even pick a Big Ten team to make the Elite Eight in any of my brackets. I maintain that I believe Illinois is the best of the bunch.....but they run into Arizona in the Sweet 16 (if they don't get upset). Think the Illini could have beaten either Baylor or Gonzaga if either of them had been the #1 seed in their brackets.

The refs are going to make sure Gonzaga wins but Georgia St is still fighting.

Holmgren's skinniness works to his advantage: he sneaks through tiny spaces and around people and rises above everyone to snag rebounds out of the air.

Can I change my bracket? Sort of a mulligan? I think I was still drunk when I filled out the one on Gopherhole. whyowa I had losing to Kansas, so they screwed me. Somehow I put SDSU when I really wanted Providence. On my handwritten one I had Rutgers beating Duke, but luckily the electronic one didn't let me pick that round.

I did get Memphis and michigan though. This is going to be a fun weekend.

Every time Holmgren lands after jumping, I worry he's going to snap a femur.
Agreed. It is surprising to me how tough he plays through contact at this level. The NBA will an be interesting adaptation for him, but he is an amazing talent if he can stay healthy. His dad had some really bad knees and I hope that doesn't happen to him.

UNC/Marquette reminded me of something Bob Kurtz said during a Gopher BB game back in the mid 80s, when they were getting blown out by Michigan State in East Lansing: "It's not over until the fat lady sings, but she's been up at the microphone clearing her voice since early in the game."

The best team in New Mexico is going to embarrass me even more. Creighton and the guy with the blue yoga pants isn't doing me any favors either.

I wonder what the Over/Under is for:

Half court shots attempted during the tournament
And
Half court shots made during the tournament

Top Bottom