2022 Minnesota Bowl Projection Tracker

Come on —after one week of football. Most of these pre-conference matchups mean nothing —let alone predicting bowl placements

B10 Bowl affiliations 2022:

Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC - 12/26/2022
Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Big 12 - 12/27/2022
Pinstripe Bowl vs ACC - 12/29/2022
Duke's Mayo Bowl vs ACC - 12/29/2022
Music City Bowl vs SEC - 12/31/2022
Tampa Bay Bowl vs SEC - 1/2/2023
Citrus Bowl vs SEC - 1/2/2023
Rose Bowl vs PAC 12 - 1/2/2023
Orange Bowl ACC vs B10/SEC/Notre Dame - 12/30/2022
CFP Semi Peach Bowl - 12/31/2022
CFP Semi Fiesta Bowl - 12/31/2022
Cotton Bowl - 1/2/2023
CFP National Championship - 1/9/2023

I started a thread about this during the summer but am more than happy to have someone else take the reigns with a new thread they plan to update :)

It seems the Pinstripe Bowl is the automatic pick for the Gopher’s bowl destination by people that know little or zero about Minnesota Football.

When in doubt, dust off the pinstripe bowl AGAIN.

And as I have said elsewhere… if December rolls around and we find the Gophers slotted in the Pinstripe Bowl, something very bad will have transpired during the season for our favorite team.

It seems the Pinstripe Bowl is the automatic pick for the Gopher’s bowl destination by people that know little or zero about Minnesota Football.

And as I have said elsewhere… if December rolls around and we find the Gophers slotted in the Pinstripe Bowl, something very bad will have transpired during the season for our favorite team.
I won’t mind the Pin Stripe Bowl if that is where we land in the pecking order. But I don’t want to see a repeat of last year’s travesty when Penn State played in the Outback Bowl with a losing 4-5 (7-5) conference record by jumping 3 teams with a 6-3 (8-4) conference record (Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin). Penn State lost the game 10-24 to Arkansas.

Kind of off topic but I must've been out of the loop. The Tampa Bay game is the ReliaQuest Bowl now? Going to be weird not having the Outback name with the coconut shrimp vs bloomin onion thing going on.

I don't think that the Gophs will ever play in the Pinstripe while Fleck is coach. Even if offered, decline and move down to a lower ranked southern bowl game to please players, fans, and alumni bases in those cities.

If it’s not the Rose, I don’t want it

I don't think that the Gophs will ever play in the Pinstripe while Fleck is coach. Even if offered, decline and move down to a lower ranked southern bowl game to please players, fans, and alumni bases in those cities.
I don't think the school has the option of declining a bowl to try to get a lower tier game in a better destination do they?

Until right before the Michigan State game...

the less said nationally about Minnesota the better. none of it would be good.

This is Minnesota's season script we all could have predicted. There's nothing Minnesota could have possibly done in the first 2 games to rise in the polls or get noticed by national writers to fill January bowl slots in a column. We don't have to worry one bit about getting noticed in the long run.

Reminder on the Big Ten's 2022-23 bowl lineup (not showing the CFP here):

Monday, Dec. 26

• Quick Lane Bowl vs. MAC | 2:30 p.m. | ESPN

Tuesday, Dec. 27

• Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big 12 | 10:15 p.m. | ESPN

Thursday, Dec. 29

• Pinstripe Bowl vs. ACC | 2 p.m. | ESPN

Friday, Dec. 30

• Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. ACC | 12 p.m. | ESPN

Saturday, Dec. 31

• Transperfect Music City Bowl vs. SEC | 12 p.m. | ABC

Monday, Jan. 2, 2023

• ReliaQuest Bowl vs. SEC | 12 p.m. | ESPN2
  • Vrbo Citrus Bowl vs. SEC | 1 p.m. | ABC
  • Rose Bowl Game vs. Pac-12 | 5 p.m. | ESPN

It's still disappointing that we are defacto back to the Little Ceasar's Bowl in Detroit with the MAC as the primary tie-in. ACC pulled out after 2019 season. Whole point of canceling that bowl and replacing it with the Quick Lane was to get a P5 vs P5 matchup.

Also unfortunate that the Outback Bowl never had a name that didn't change with the sponsor, like Gator Bowl or something. Now no one knows what the heck the ReliaQuest Bowl is.

Gophers should be trying to play on Jan 2 this year, or bust. (Captain Obvious)

It's still disappointing that we are defacto back to the Little Ceasar's Bowl in Detroit with the MAC as the primary tie-in. ACC pulled out after 2019 season. Whole point of canceling that bowl and replacing it with the Quick Lane was to get a P5 vs P5 matchup.

Also unfortunate that the Outback Bowl never had a name that didn't change with the sponsor, like Gator Bowl or something. Now no one knows what the heck the ReliaQuest Bowl is.

Gophers should be trying to play on Jan 2 this year, or bust. (Captain Obvious)
Yeah, I mean so many brands sponsor bowl games but Outback seemed like it had more of an identity, with the Bloomin onion mascot and the boomerang in the trophy. At this point I wish the bowls would just have a normal name and then make it presented by.

It's how the New Year's 6 does it and works much better. Like what we won last year, have it be the Cactus Bowl Presented by Guaranteed Rate. Or with the former Outback, have it be the Tampa Bowl or Buccaneer Bowl Presented by ReliaQuest.

The ESPN guys are pretty high on Minnesota in their most recent bowls prediction.

One picks them for the ReliaQuest (formerly Outback) and the other for the Citrus.

My picks if not CFP or Rose Bowl are Tampa (Reliaquest), Orlando (Citrus), and Detroit (Quick Lane) because I live near the first 2 and always pass through Detroit for Christmas.

Yes, I realize living in Tampa Bay and spending Xmas in Detroit is a little messed up.

The ESPN guys are pretty high on Minnesota in their most recent bowls prediction.

One picks them for the ReliaQuest (formerly Outback) and the other for the Citrus.

High on Minnesota or low on the yearly default BT West picks of Iowa and Wisconsin. Regardless.....at least they seem to be paying attention. 247 and the Action Network seem to have interns putting these together.

Top Bottom