2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Cyclones hurting. No clutch play.....
It seems like I have seen them a disproportionate number of times this year. Excellent D, good guards, and bigs are good on D but horribly inconsistent on O. Their bigs missed a half dozen close in shots in the last few minutes last night. Just not that skilled on offense.

Maybe the best conference top to bottom ever. Interesting to see how the grind in the regular season effects them in the tournament.
None really if you are to look at the past three final fours that have been played.

A National Champion, A National champion, A Runner Up for the National Championship

It seems like I have seen them a disproportionate number of times this year. Excellent D, good guards, and bigs are good on D but horribly inconsistent on O. Their bigs missed a half dozen close in shots in the last few minutes last night. Just not that skilled on offense.
Been to two games in person at Hilton this year. (I work part-time at ISU and was given tickets......) I would completely affirm what you said. Some troubles with the bigs.

I am glad Gabe has done so well down here in Iowa. For whatever reason it just didn't work out in Minneapolis......I like seeing how he keeps playing good defense even when his shot is not falling.....

Anyone watching the Arkansas/Tennessee game on ESPN2? Is it just the orange court messing with me.....or do they have some crazy sepia filter going on with the broadcast?

Texas Tech giving Kansas fits at KU. Defensive clinic. Holding KU almost 15 under their average.

Iowa State has struggled lately and now Caleb Grill has been dismissed from the team for failing to meet the program’s expectations. Not sure what’s behind it but it won’t help their struggles to score

OSU giving Maryland a slappin' on senior night

Northwestern should get an automatic L for these uniforms.

Detroit Mercy lost tonight and his career is over.

I hate to say this, but didn't Maravich's teams actually win?

Detroit Mercy is ah not great.

Suppose it is kinda cool though.
And two less seasons without a three point line. I think the right player still holds the record.

They'll probably get a random invite to the CBI if you don't need to be at least .500.

I hate to say this, but didn't Maravich's teams actually win?

Detroit Mercy is ah not great.

Suppose it is kinda cool though.
Pistol never made the NCAA tourney, but appeared in the NIT, which had near importance as the NCAA back then.

Spoke too soon apparently
Not so fast, my friend! Wiscy can still finish 10-10 with 2 victories this week. All they have to do is outplay an overrated Purdue team in the final minute here and they are in the tournament. And there is zero chance they will lose to the Gophers, right? Completely zero. Wiscy will be dancing. Mark it down.

How is Purdue still rated #5 when they have lost 4 of their last 6 games?? Has everyone else in the top 10 been losing as well? They are fading big time. Purdue is going to be a 2 seed that loses to a 15 in the first round. Bold prediction. :cool:

Not so fast, my friend! Wiscy can still finish 10-10 with 2 victories this week. All they have to do is outplay an overrated Purdue team in the final minute here and they are in the tournament. And there is zero chance they will lose to the Gophers, right? Completely zero. Wiscy will be dancing. Mark it down.

How is Purdue still rated #5 when they have lost 4 of their last 6 games?? Has everyone else in the top 10 been losing as well? They are fading big time. Purdue is going to be a 2 seed that loses to a 15 in the first round. Bold prediction. :cool:
Wisconsin has surrounded Edey with three guys and daring Purdue to shoot threes and Purdue is missing them- wide open. Why doesn't that happen for us?

Let's put the final nail in the coffin for Wisconsin's tournament chances Sunday...
I think they are toast unless they make a Big Ten tournament run. 16-13. Even if they beat us 17-13, 9-11 Big Ten is not going to do it.

Excellent. I'm 0-3 now on overly confident, positive Badger predictions in 3 critical games. My work here is done. :cool:

This has to kill their tournament hopes now barring a miracle BT tournament run, right? Right? Right?

Excellent. I'm 0-3 now on overly confident, positive Badger predictions in 3 critical games. My work here is done. :cool:

This has to kill their tournament hopes now barring a miracle BT tournament run, right? Right? Right?
Soft bubble. Losing to Boilers might improve their NET. We’re not out of this until Gophers finish them off on Sunday

Top Bottom