2022-2023 College Basketball Other Games Thread

Big comeback by Nova, but MSU escapes.

Got the DePaul/Santa Clara game on CBSSN. Might be wishful thinking....but DePaul looks pretty decent. Doesn't look like a last place Big East finisher, imo.

I type this....and then Santa Clara goes on a 17-2 run.

Rutgers looks absolutely tragic. Down 28-14 to Temple right now.....and they can't make a bucket. Just sloppy all around.
And Seth Greenberg just declared them a second weekend tournament team!

High Point leads UNLV 36-33 at the half. Former Gopher Thiam (forgot his first name) has 14 points with 4 3s.

Also worth noting, Rutgers played without McConnell & Mulcahy.

Dain Dainja looking extremely good for Illinois so far this year. Wish we had got him, but I know there were academic and weight issues that hampered him at Baylor, so definitely wasn't a sure bet.

Last edited:

Dain Dainja looking extremely good for Illinois so far this year. Wish we had got him, but I know there were academic and weight issues that hampered him at Baylor, so definitely wasn't a sure bet.
No academic issues coming to Illinois and Illinois has high Big Ten standards compared to Baylor. If he could get into Illinois, he could get into Minnesota so that’s not why he isn’t at Minnesota.

As for his weight, that is true. He got with the UI strength and conditioning coach and has gone from 290 to 260 since last season. He the Dancing Bear these days. Lol

No academic issues coming to Illinois and Illinois has high Big Ten standards compared to Baylor. If he could get into Illinois, he could get into Minnesota so that’s not why he isn’t at Minnesota.

As for his weight, that is true. He got with the UI strength and conditioning coach and has gone from 290 to 260 since last season. He the Dancing Bear these days. Lol
Yeah don't think there are any academic issues now, he seems to be pretty dedicated. I thought there was coming out of HS though and thats why he originally redshirted at Baylor.

Michigan has to go to OT against the Ohio Bobcats. Dickerson is their only solid player. Will Tschetter only getting a couple minutes and showing no reason to get more minutes. If Battle is healthy the UM v UMN game on Dec 8 could be a close one.

Louisville with 20 points with 6:24 remaining in the SECOND half.

After losing their first three games by ONE POINT each.....that team is proving to be downright bad. I've watched a bit of their last two games. Lots of hero ball and just general confusion all around.

The only thing worse than Bill Belichick's coaching tree in the NFL is John Calipari's coaching tree in college basketball.

That Arizona-San Diego State game could turn out to be a good one, but an old man like me is pushing it with two late nights in a row.

Kerwin Walton (Texas Tech), been getting his minutes cut in half these last couple of games.
went 24, 24, 22 and then 11 in the loss to Creighton and 12 in the blowout win over Louisville.
On another note, how come Fardaws Aimaq isn't playing? Injured?

The Arkansas-Creighton game is intense. The Arkansas bench and fans are wild. Just screaming at everything that doesn’t go their way.

Kerwin Walton (Texas Tech), been getting his minutes cut in half these last couple of games.
went 24, 24, 22 and then 11 in the loss to Creighton and 12 in the blowout win over Louisville.
On another note, how come Fardaws Aimaq isn't playing? Injured?

Yeah Aimaq hurt his foot a month ago in practice. I think they said at the time that he wouldn't be ready until conference play.

This Creighton-Arkansas game is electric. Back and forth all 2nd half.

Top Bottom