2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

I was actually excited that someone other than OSU was representing the Big10 in the CFP. Boy was that a mistake. Michigan has been embarrassingly bad on the field and has shown pathetic effort. Jimbo has some splaining to do. Maybe he can fix things off season at one of his sleepovers :rolleyes:.
OSU tried last year and Alabama taught that class. Georgia is loaded with top end talent and tremendous coaching. 40 top 100 players in the last 4 years. Michigan 7. 20 5 stars to 3 !

I was actually excited that someone other than OSU was representing the Big10 in the CFP. Boy was that a mistake. Michigan has been embarrassingly bad on the field and has shown pathetic effort. Jimbo has some splaining to do.
Ohio State would have fared no better tonight. Their offensive line isn’t as good as Michigan’s and the Wolverines can’t handle Georgia’s defense. And in the defensive side of the ball, you can say the same thing about OSU’s defensive line. Georgia would have run through that defense.

OSU tried last year and Alabama taught that class. Georgia is loaded with top end talent and tremendous coaching. 40 top 100 players in the last 4 years. Michigan 7. 20 5 stars to 3 !
Yep, different teams, same crappy effort and play by our Big10 rep.

Thanks for completing my sentence for me and yes complete mismatch. Remind me when OSU got demolished in 2007 against the Gators in the BCS championship Fiesta Bowl 41-14 and Sweater Vest realized he didn’t have the overall team speed or studs at all the positions to compete.
No comment on this one, huh @Some guy ? If u want to correct all my posts which are off then u darn well better give credit where it’s due or else you’re just a 🤡
Don’t be that kind of negative emoji bro, u better than bud

Tough to watch Michigan crap the bed like they have done tonight. I don't think they are as bad as they have played tonight, but hats off to Georgia for coming to play!

Georgia will beat Alabama
I’m not going to predict a Georgia win yet, but I’m telling you right now, do not judge Georgia by the performance in the SEC title game. Kirby Smart is no dummy. He’s known since before fall practice started that if Georgia was going to win the title, he’d have to play Alabama twice. And he knows which meeting means the most. Texas A&M, Florida and Auburn showed you how to beat Alabama defensively. Georgia did the exact opposite schematically. I’m telling you, this was on purpose. I don’t mean Georgia lost on purpose. What I mean is Georgia had a defensive scheme against Alabama in the first game that was designed to show Alabama very little. Similar to what Minnesota did offensively against Bowling Green. Go back and watch parts of that game. On the TD pass Bama thru to Mertchie, Georgia’s defensive line was standing still. They rarely attacked Bama. You will see, and Bama will see, something completely different on January 10th. That doesn’t mean Georgia is guaranteed to win, but I can guarantee you that the next game against Alabama will be “different.”

Damn. That QB for Michigan is pretty good, huh?

TlcFcU3.jpg

Who was the poster that said Michigan would beat Georgia ! Georgia is in a whole other class.
why does it matter?
Many did and I being the optimist I am predicted 21-13.

noticing lot of gotchas in this thread. People who do this mostly fall into one of 2 buckets in my experience

ones who don’t make predictions - 2 scared to be wrong. The risk adverse
Or like to play gotcha cause calling out another’s mistake makes them feel better about themselves

Nice little 2 pt conversion play

why does it matter?
Many did and I being the optimist I am predicted 21-13.

noticing lot of gotchas in this thread. People who do this mostly fall into one of 2 buckets in my experience

ones who don’t make predictions - 2 scared to be wrong. The risk adverse
Or like to play gotcha cause calling out another’s mistake makes them feel better about themselves
I have been wrong on picking winners in these threads many times. O f course it does not matter. Not a single thread about football means anything.

Who was the poster that said Michigan would beat Georgia ! Georgia is in a whole other class.

I thought it was feasible but the 7 point line was clearly too kind. It looks like a) the Big Ten probably just wasn’t that great this year when the team with the most talent (on paper), OSU, gets blown out of the water on the ground by Oregon and then Michigan and b) Alabama is probably the best team, again.

Then again, this is why they play the games. Raise your hand if you predicted a complete demolition of Michigan tonight. Georgia was favored versus Alabama the first time around. Will we get a different plot line next time? If they split the games that’s not very satisfying, IMO.

I’m not going to predict a Georgia win yet, but I’m telling you right now, do not judge Georgia by the performance in the SEC title game. Kirby Smart is no dummy. He’s known since before fall practice started that if Georgia was going to win the title, he’d have to play Alabama twice. And he knows which meeting means the most. Texas A&M, Florida and Auburn showed you how to beat Alabama defensively. Georgia did the exact opposite schematically. I’m telling you, this was on purpose. I don’t mean Georgia lost on purpose. What I mean is Georgia had a defensive scheme against Alabama in the first game that was designed to show Alabama very little. Similar to what Minnesota did offensively against Bowling Green. Go back and watch parts of that game. On the TD pass Bama thru to Mertchie, Georgia’s defensive line was standing still. They rarely attacked Bama. You will see, and Bama will see, something completely different on January 10th. That doesn’t mean Georgia is guaranteed to win, but I can guarantee you that the next game against Alabama will be “different.”
Agreed. The SEC Championship game was an SEC setup..... rigged all the way to get Alabama and Georgia into the final four. I f Georgia had won that game, Notre Dame or some other unwanted would have been in there....

Would a two loss Alabama get in over Notre Dame? I don’t know. Why not just put them away and out of the tournament rather than play them twice, risking injuries and so on.

I have a hard time swallowing the idea Georgia wasn’t trying. I mean, I suppose it’s possible there was some gentleman’s agreement or conspiracy but not probable. I think Alabama is probably the better team. We’ll see, though. Georgia is clearly really good.

I thought it was feasible but the 7 point line was clearly too kind. It looks like a) the Big Ten probably just wasn’t that great this year when the team with the most talent (on paper), OSU, gets blown out of the water on the ground by Oregon and then Michigan and b) Alabama is probably the best team, again.

Then again, this is why they play the games. Raise your hand if you predicted a complete demolition of Michigan tonight. Georgia was favored versus Alabama the first time around. Will we get a different plot line next time? If they split the games that’s not very satisfying, IMO.
Thought Michigan could stay within 14. I just think it is the best thing to have the best two teams in the championship and i do not think it is all that close.

Georgia was so clearly superior. Brought out the defense we saw all year prior to the SEC Championship. Really makes me scratch my head....wondering what happened there. Georgia's front seven is just way to dominant....and when you compare to Michigan's it is night and day. Still think that Michigan could have made this a game. Problem there was that McNamara played like complete ass. And while Bennett's stats suggest that he played great......really......Michigan's defensive backs blew the game right from the beginning. They just let Bennett throw the ball up and proceed to let the receiver make long, unopposed catches.

Michigan’s National Championship was beating Ohio St. They didn’t even show up against Georgia. Georgia’s National Championship is winning the National Championship.

No comment on this one, huh @Some guy ? If u want to correct all my posts which are off then u darn well better give credit where it’s due or else you’re just a 🤡
Don’t be that kind of negative emoji bro, u better than bud
You’re right, total mismatch

Couldn’t tell if it was a total mismatch after 3 drives because of how bad Georgia out coaches Michigan in their script. But it apparently was a talent deficiency too.

Not SEC domination.

Alabama

Georgia

LSU

Florida
Auburn

The other 9 are no better as programs than Purdue and Minnesota.
Ok, Alabama domination again. SEC domination this year. Big Ten couldn’t sniff anywhere near the championship game, and neither could any other conference. Harping on the SEC overall bowl record means nothing when they have 2 teams that just blew out the rest of the country.

Ok, Alabama domination again. SEC domination this year. Big Ten couldn’t sniff anywhere near the championship game, and neither could any other conference. Harping on the SEC overall bowl record means nothing when they have 2 teams that just blew out the rest of the country.
Okay.

I have no problem with people saying that the top of the SEC is better than the rest of the country. That’s been pretty apparent since about 2007 and isn’t new.

People keep saying THE SEC IS SO GOOD. And it’s like, yeah the best teams in the SEC are the favorite to win the championship. For sure. Except for 2014, 17, 19

maybe we should just put 4 SEC teams in playoff.

Congrats on telling me the Vegas favorites are the favorites. Great analysis

It's an All-SEC and ESPN affair. Guess who was presenting the playoff trophies? ESPN guys. Follow the money trail.

Life is not fair in college football. Georgia and Alabama are in a whole universe of their own talent-wise.

Thought Michigan could stay within 14. I just think it is the best thing to have the best two teams in the championship and i do not think it is all that close.

It’s nice when that happens but in practice the two best teams frequently are not in the championship game. We still watch, because on any given day.

Georgia was so clearly superior. Brought out the defense we saw all year prior to the SEC Championship. Really makes me scratch my head....wondering what happened there. Georgia's front seven is just way to dominant....and when you compare to Michigan's it is night and day. Still think that Michigan could have made this a game. Problem there was that McNamara played like complete ass. And while Bennett's stats suggest that he played great......really......Michigan's defensive backs blew the game right from the beginning. They just let Bennett throw the ball up and proceed to let the receiver make long, unopposed catches.

Michigan looked and played like a G5 team. I don’t think that’s hyperbole.

Top Bottom