2021 Other Bowl Games Thread

I agree due to the athletic similarities. It looked many time the Bama had someone that could break it at any moment. And that includes defense. Meaning they had play changers at every position. Cinci had also, but just not in the waves Bama had.

To your point, Cincy did fine. And hopefully this improves recruiting/visibility and this is only a stepping stone. Good for them to actually be there. I honestly want Luke to be their PJ Fleck. I want them to be a national power. I don't know why, but just do.
He has them further along than what we have done.

There's an alternate universe where Ibrahim was never hurt and your Offensive Coordinator wasn't an idiot, and you guys won against BG, Illinois and Iowa, and would have had a pretty good chance to beat Michigan to be in this game against UGA.

I understand it's a long shot and stupid fantasizing, but I do it because I'm watching the Wolverine line get blown up again and again and can't help but thinking, "Well what if they were bigger and stronger?"

I'd have loved to see your line go against Georgia's DL. Yeah, your OC sucked. Yeah, you guys blew some games and would lose to Georgia. Yes, Morgan has fallen off and your WR's ain't what they used to be.

But boy it'd be fun watching your OL go against Georgia's DL if you like lineplay.
A good year at 9-4, but could have been a great year.

Georgia gets 5-8 yards whenever it wants. Michigan gets two yards and that seems like a great play.
Michigan getting totally out schemed

Georgia gets 5-8 yards whenever it wants. Michigan gets two yards and that seems like a great play.
Michigan getting totally out schemed
Georgia looks so much faster.

What better way to honor John Madden than to play clown ball?

I don't want to hear anyone saying Cinci didn't deserve to get in when Michigan is looking this bad. Pair those two based on this, and Cinci beats the hell out of them.

Michigan just does not belong. Good season for them and good for them that they made this step, but they are being exposed in a major way. Georgia is an absolute animal, so respect to michigan, but they are light years behind. Minnesota would kick Georgia's ass!!!!
We have to beat Bowling Green and Illinois first. Not to mention a Ohio State team that lost to Oregon and did not even win their division. Georgia and Alabama are clearly the best two teams.

Who is going to be watching the championship game? “ Not I said the little black hen. “Really could care less about the SEC. Then I don’t have to listen/watch ESPN as they glorify the SEC. Nor watch the female sideline reporters who KNOW absolutely nothing about football. And a couple just fell off the ugly tree.

I suspect that's what a lot of Michigan people are thinking. Oh, I forgot the whole quote. "Lotta ball left. Shit."

What an absolute mismatch. I can't believe some of those Georgia defenders ... big, fast, and smart."
Thanks for completing my sentence for me and yes complete mismatch. Remind me when OSU got demolished in 2007 against the Gators in the BCS championship Fiesta Bowl 41-14 and Sweater Vest realized he didn’t have the overall team speed or studs at all the positions to compete.

We have to beat Bowling Green and Illinois first. Not to mention a Ohio State team that lost to Oregon and did not even win their division. Georgia and Alabama are clearly the best two teams.
I completely agree. Bama and Georgia are a clear cut above. The Gophs need to beat one of the worst teams in the country. But I think the Gophs give a lot better resistance to Bama than "The Crying Harblows" are showing.

Who is going to be watching the championship game? “ Not I said the little black hen. “Really could care less about the SEC. Then I don’t have to listen/watch ESPN as they glorify the SEC. Nor watch the female sideline reporters who KNOW absolutely nothing about football. And a couple just fell off the ugly tree.
Tons of people will watch the two best teams. Especially since they are loaded with NFL players, huge fan bases and kids all over the country that love to watch. Not my favorite teams but they are a blast to watch.

5znzae.jpg

I completely agree. Bama and Georgia are a clear cut above. The Gophs need to beat one of the worst teams in the country. But I think the Gophs give a lot better resistance to Bama than "The Crying Harblows" are showing.
Well I can now wrap up my day and go to bed - so there’s that in the plus column- the older I get the lower the bar is

Now, someone convince me that the playoffs should be expanded to 12 or 16 teams.
8 is the right number. 12 or 16 would be crappy matchups.

I don't want to hear anyone saying Cinci didn't deserve to get in when Michigan is looking this bad. Pair those two based on this, and Cinci beats the hell out of them.
Is anyone saying this? Clearly Cinci deserved it. Also Mich is embarrassing the big 10 right now

A good year at 9-4, but could have been a great year.
Minnesota was probably a top 8-14ish team that fucked up (and lost its best player*)

Nobody expected your defense to be as good as it was. Rossi will be hard to keep going forward. Pay him.

*Ibrahim healthy caveat.

Last edited:

Minnesota was probably a top 8-14ish team that fucked up.

Nobody expected your defense to be as good as it was. Rossi will be hard to keep going forward. Pay him.
We did not beat anyone that was very good. I think we were a top 25 ish team that blew it.

He has them further along than what we have done.
Why do you always have to take is out of context and put against what the Gophers have done? These all look like criticisms of our program.

Cincy did not play a B1G conference schedule. They are not a P5 conference team. If they played in the B1G they would not have made it to that game.

Man the effort from Michigan is horrible. Guys giving up on plays.

I was watching some of the skyview coverage, it is much better. Just the game sounds and a few plays were broken down by a coach. NO sickening announcers kissing up to any team.

Top Bottom